Off-Topic / Real Football changes

Comments

• EA_Andy
    2594 posts EA Community Manager
    Even if they are moved to real football, does that section and off topic really need to be divided further? Just makes mobile navigation clunky.

You would prefer all off-topic and real football to be in one forum instead of having sub-forums?
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class
    I completely support this decision! You just simply cannot have a 150 page Fortnite thread being the biggest thread in a FUT forum section. That's a very bad look when FUT-related threads at best only achieve 1/10th of this page total, except for a few outliers. So from where you're standing (and I assume higher ups that wanted this move to go through), it makes perfect sense to hide such a thread at the bottom of the forum in some subforum. I hope we can help you guys in different ways in the future too as it's always great to help others.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5209 posts Big Money Move
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    Even if they are moved to real football, does that section and off topic really need to be divided further? Just makes mobile navigation clunky.

You would prefer all off-topic and real football to be in one forum instead of having sub-forums?
    Yeah that's what I was getting at :D
  • Mart
    7921 posts League Winner
    Fab wrote: »
    I completely support this decision! You just simply cannot have a 150 page Fortnite thread being the biggest thread in a FUT forum section. That's a very bad look when FUT-related threads at best only achieve 1/10th of this page total, except for a few outliers. So from where you're standing (and I assume higher ups that wanted this move to go through), it makes perfect sense to hide such a thread at the bottom of the forum in some subforum. I hope we can help you guys in different ways in the future too as it's always great to help others.

Can only agree. It would be a massive shame if one of these threads were to be moved down by these lounges.

0837f7be3d79e30f114ce78032d2b0ba.png
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class
    Mart wrote: »

Can only agree. It would be a massive shame if one of these threads were to be moved down by these lounges.

Luckily we do not have to worry about these excellent threads being moved out of view by a lounge. It's nice to see community members come together to celebrate things together. I can only imagine how happy iTalEnTz is after opening 200 packs worth more than €1000 and now finally being able to build his dream team. Hopefully the users in the thread are helping him with some advice on what that team should look like.

3 own goals in Fut Champs causes a forefeit? We're lucky to have this fact shown to us in case we could not control our rage during a digital video game. Now we know to only score 2 of those before smashing our controller into the tv. I just hate this game so much but can't stop playing it haha! I've smashed 4 controllers in the last 2 months but I just keep going.

How much are Rui Costa/Keane SBCs from scratch? Another beautiful coming together of the community to help a user in need. If there's any smart programmers here, perhaps you could create a site which shows the cheapest SBC solutions. Maybe have it user input based.

Maybe we can all cheer up the guy that managed to win zero games in his last five too. That's what being a community should be about. Love everyone.

All in all, it's really refreshing being able to see actual discussions instead of all these lounges clogging up the view. I applaud you for this decision and I hope the naysayers eventually come to their senses!
  • Mart
    7921 posts League Winner

Luckily we do not have to worry about these excellent threads being moved out of view by a lounge. It's nice to see community members come together to celebrate things together. I can only imagine how happy iTalEnTz is after opening 200 packs worth more than €1000 and now finally being able to build his dream team. Hopefully the users in the thread are helping him with some advice on what that team should look like.

3 own goals in Fut Champs causes a forefeit? We're lucky to have this fact shown to us in case we could not control our rage during a digital video game. Now we know to only score 2 of those before smashing our controller into the tv. I just hate this game so much but can't stop playing it haha! I've smashed 4 controllers in the last 2 months but I just keep going.

How much are Rui Costa/Keane SBCs from scratch? Another beautiful coming together of the community to help a user in need. If there's any smart programmers here, perhaps you could create a site which shows the cheapest SBC solutions. Maybe have it user input based.

Maybe we can all cheer up the guy that managed to win zero games in his last five too. That's what being a community should be about. Love everyone.

All in all, it's really refreshing being able to see actual discussions instead of all these lounges clogging up the view. I applaud you for this decision and I hope the naysayers eventually come to their senses!

Don't forget deleting our clubs as a community, wouldn't want to miss out on that.
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class

Don't forget deleting our clubs as a community, wouldn't want to miss out on that.

Now I'm not gonna lie here, I am a bit too vanilla for such an act. However I am happy that the possibility is there for those that want to participate in such an activity. A good forum is not one that just caters to YOUR needs, but the needs of everyone on that forum.
    I hope I can be a part of this forum for as long as possible and hope to see more of EA's vision implemented. There will always be backlash when there are changes, but ultimately I believe people will realise it's for the better. It's truly thrilling and exciting to be a part of this community and I can't wait to see what awaits us next.
  • VanBasten12
    6781 posts Big Money Move
    Came here to see if there was further official word and seeing the "dripping with sarcasm" posts means I've not missed anything.

The sad thing is that whilst I've posted on FUT-related threads in CC, I've looked around many times for the OT banter/questions in there … and ofc there's nothing.

Headed over here yesterday and saw the TV thread. Browsing that was like watching paint dry … miss the CC "TV Talk" and "Comic Book" threads where I could chat with people I've known on the forums for years. That's gone now.
  • Shshj
    2932 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 15
    So, we're four pages into this thread and not a single person on here likes these changes @EA_Andy, most of them are long-time forumers too, the type of people who you should probably be respectful towards considering the other half of the old band has left since your @EA_ group showed up.

Is that enough proof that this wasn't a good idea, or are you and the rest of your [edited] going to continue to change things whenever you feel like it, regardless of the general opinion.
    Post edited by EA_Andy on
  • VanBasten12
    Shshj wrote: »
    So, we're four pages into this thread and not a single person on here likes these changes @EA_Andy, most of them are long-time forumers too, the type of people who you should probably be respectful towards considering the other half of the old band has left since your @EA_ group showed up.

Is that enough proof that this wasn't a good idea, or are you and the rest of your SS brigade going to continue to change things whenever you feel like it, regardless of the general opinion.

:+1:

Plain to see in the lack of activity here.
  • Alemas_2012
    14073 posts Has That Special Something
    Things were simply better before the @EA_ accounts popped up.
    Yes, better with the lax moderation, better with the name-calling, better with the general looseness of it all.
    And no, no sarcasm there. Seeing how we are now, I prefer it that way.
    No disrespect to the people behind those accounts. It's not their fault EA policies have to be bashed into them and then bashed onto us.
    All I've seen so far is either indifference or complaints, haven't seen anyone actually approve of the change.
    The users who are active enough here who could decide any changes to the forums are more than mature enough.
    But of course, this is EA we're talking about, so community feedback can be sent right to the rubbish bin...
  • holdenwait
    52884 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
  • Azof
    15066 posts World Class
    So is this miss timed april fools joke over?
  • EA_Andy
    To set expectations here this isn't a change that is likely to be reverted, especially any time soon.

The off-topic rule has been on the forum for a long time, it was just relaxed in certain areas of the forum. That has now been changed.

As I mentioned before you're still more than welcome to discuss off-topic subjects and real football in the respective forums, no-one is trying to stop those conversations from happening.

I appreciate the idea of having an off-topic section within the FUT sections but that just adds additional sub-forums to what is already a very crowded space. Not only that but there's no real reason as to why the FUT sections should have this but not everywhere else and I think this would make the forums too crowded with additional boards.
  • Tof33z
    5129 posts Big Money Move
    Tbh we should just create some threads elsewhere or on Reddit etc.

Classic EA middle finger to paying customers.
  • EA_Andy
    Tof33z wrote: »

I'd understand this if I was saying you couldn't post them at all but there's literally a dedicated space for them.
  • Tof33z
    5129 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 15
    Tof33z wrote: »

I'd understand this if I was saying you couldn't post them at all but there's literally a dedicated space for them.

what's to understand. All the regulars have asked for it to be a certain way, which has been working fine forever but are told what they want doesn't figure at all in the discussion. If you can't see the issue with that, then well, I can't say I'm surprised
  • Alemas_2012
    "Our moderators are here to keep this place happy and helpful for everyone."
    Is this place happy?
  • Mart
    7921 posts League Winner
    Andy single-handedly demoting the forums from a level 35 Mafia Boss to a level 1 Crook.
  • Alemas_2012
    Andy single-handedly demoting the forums from a level 35 Mafia Boss to a level 1 Crook.

That's how mafia works.
  • BarryChuckle
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Most of the more social sections and lounges have been killed off already. This appears to be the final stage in completely obliterating all off topic chat from the forum.
  • VanBasten12
    To set expectations here this isn't a change that is likely to be reverted, especially any time soon.

The off-topic rule has been on the forum for a long time, it was just relaxed in certain areas of the forum. That has now been changed.

As I mentioned before you're still more than welcome to discuss off-topic subjects and real football in the respective forums, no-one is trying to stop those conversations from happening.

I appreciate the idea of having an off-topic section within the FUT sections but that just adds additional sub-forums to what is already a very crowded space. Not only that but there's no real reason as to why the FUT sections should have this but not everywhere else and I think this would make the forums too crowded with additional boards.

Ok then - the above statement clears it up for me personally then - thanks @EA_Andy .

Can we then request to move the likes of the "Xbox CC TV Talk" to be moved back to XBCC? There is already a "TV Series Thread" in OT, however I don't know anybody in there.
  • Choepiechakie
    30322 posts National Team Captain
    Why make a discussion thread, if you arent going to do anything with the output anyways?
  • VanBasten12
    So @EA_Andy … you say this "you're still more than welcome to discuss off-topic subjects and real football in the respective forums, no-one is trying to stop those conversations from happening."

But, a few moments after I posted a thread in XBCC, it was moved here.

Are the mods aware that you posted that? Or is it just wishful thinking that this will get moved back?
  • EA_Andy
    So @EA_Andy … you say this "you're still more than welcome to discuss off-topic subjects and real football in the respective forums, no-one is trying to stop those conversations from happening."

But, a few moments after I posted a thread in XBCC, it was moved here.

Are the mods aware that you posted that? Or is it just wishful thinking that this will get moved back?

Just in case it's not clear, these are the respective forums:
  • Alemas_2012
    edited January 16
    @VanBasten12, what he meant with "in the respective forums" is that you can discuss off-topic in Off-Topic and real football in Real Football.
    Not that you can still discuss off-topic stuff or real football anywhere you want.
  • VanBasten12
    Yep - got the message & clarification from the mod.

Honestly, I cannot comprehend what an idiotic decision this is!

1 person commented - before the thread was moved. I specifically tagged someone who I have been chatting with on Twitch, and he responded.

Any real community interaction outside of FUT, has effectively been killed off by this decision. Expect to see this OT area dead in the future with the handful of comments made per day.

Congratulations EA.
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class

3 own goals in Fut Champs causes a forefeit? We're lucky to have this fact shown to us in case we could not control our rage during a digital video game. Now we know to only score 2 of those before smashing our controller into the tv.
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/452661/third-tv-broken-the-way-they-run-fifa-is-too-much

WOOPS! Looks like we have another victim here. Maybe we can start a gofundme so we can put the people that need it on therapy? Issues like these are too often disregarded in our society, it would be nice to make a positive change.
  • Choepiechakie
    30322 posts National Team Captain

3 own goals in Fut Champs causes a forefeit? We're lucky to have this fact shown to us in case we could not control our rage during a digital video game. Now we know to only score 2 of those before smashing our controller into the tv.
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/452661/third-tv-broken-the-way-they-run-fifa-is-too-much

WOOPS! Looks like we have another victim here. Maybe we can start a gofundme so we can put the people that need it on therapy? Issues like these are too often disregarded in our society, it would be nice to make a positive change.

Hows this relevant?
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class

Hows this relevant?

I would suggest the idea in a new off topic thread but then it would gain even less views. I mean, who cares? This thread was only made to give you the illusion your opinion is valued so backlash could be limited. No amount of moaning is gonna revert this decision so we may as well get real jiggy with it!