Off-Topic / Real Football changes

EA_Andy
2943 posts EA Community Manager
Opening this thread to allow discussion of this announcement.

Comments

• Andy99TradeZ
    13616 posts Has That Special Something
    Alot of those threads that were on the main pages will be alot quieter now
  • Azof
    15660 posts World Class
    Poor change IMO. A lot of us have been on XCC for years and dont really care for FUT much at this point but more the community aspect.
  • EA_Andy
    Azof wrote: »
    Poor change IMO. A lot of us have been on XCC for years and dont really care for FUT much at this point but more the community aspect.

You're still welcome to discuss whatever you like (within the rules), just in a different forum, the discussion doesn't have to stop.

But having the FUT forum to discuss FUT seems logical to me.
  • Azof
    15660 posts World Class
    EA_Andy wrote: »

You're still welcome to discuss whatever you like (within the rules), just in a different forum, the discussion doesn't have to stop.

I understand that but were the few OT threads really that disruptive?

People have been chatting about fifa and OT in tandem in xcc since before I joined forums in 2011 and its never caused any real issues so why change it now?

The OT section has always been dead in the water, maybe whoever made this decision will think it will revitalise it but I dont see it.
  • Antparry92
    17234 posts World Class
    Ridiculous. So all the lounges are now being moved. Great. Make them even more obscure so new guys won’t join in
  • Antparry92
    17234 posts World Class

People have been chatting about fifa and OT in tandem in xcc since before I joined forums in 2011 and its never caused any real issues so why change it now?

The OT section has always been dead in the water, maybe whoever made this decision will think it will revitalise it but I dont see it.
    C’mon Azof, it’s too logical and works to well for their liking :joy:
  • Azof
    15660 posts World Class
    Antparry92 wrote: »

Look how few people have read the rules on xcc, sub 1k views on the thread. Even less people are going to read about these changes an it is just going to create more work for the mods who seem inadequate as it stands at the moment
  • Shshj
    3527 posts National Call-Up
    Such a silly and pointless change. So many people have left the forums over the last few years for various reasons such as this. It may not seem like such a big deal but like others have said, OT and real football discussions have always been a part of the XBCC and it has never caused issues?

There's a very good sense of community in the XBCC thanks to the diverse subjects of conversation. General discussion, real football etc. have all gone to ****, mostly thanks to trolling kids who make pointless threads and mock each other constantly. Making changes like this will only accelerate this forum's decline.
  • Antparry92
    17234 posts World Class

Look how few people have read the rules on xcc, sub 1k views on the thread. Even less people are going to read about these changes an it is just going to create more work for the mods who seem inadequate as it stands at the moment
    Have already said this. Are they going to moderate every non FUT post in the XBCC section.They’re gonna have so much work on their hands or they’ll be banning all the old/guys that contribute a lot to the forum. It adds so much to the forum having people talk about football along side FUT
  • Bobb
    643 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Bad change
  • Chubbs
    14207 posts Has That Special Something
    Really going to ruin the community aspect that so many enjoy about the FIFA forums.
  • Ryno
    6033 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 10
    Can't wait for those threads to die. Congrats guys! Great choice
  • Summer69
    1239 posts Professional
    I don't like this change so im against this move
  • Currieman
    4918 posts National Call-Up
    Awful, awful decision.
  • Chubbs
    14207 posts Has That Special Something
    Every thread in XBCC is now locked for me. Anyone else getting this. I mean it doesnt say its locked but it wont let me reply.
  • EA_Andy
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Every thread in XBCC is now locked for me. Anyone else getting this. I mean it doesnt say its locked but it wont let me reply.

Will find out why that is asap
  • Antparry92
    17234 posts World Class
    Just you. Mines open....for now
  • Azof
    15660 posts World Class

Same, checked GD also same.

Its probably so they can move all the threads over to this graveyard without interruption
  • Noo
    1007 posts Professional

Same. Cant post anything anywhere except this thread.
  • Antparry92
    17234 posts World Class
    Noo wrote: »

Just checked. Likewise :joy:
  • Andy99TradeZ
    13616 posts Has That Special Something

• Scutch
    9867 posts Has That Special Something

Same.
  • EA_Andy
    Should be fixed now, can you check again? @Scutch @Andy99TradeZ @Antparry92 @Noo @Azof
  • Scutch
    9867 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah fine now mate. @EA_Andy
  • Azof
    15660 posts World Class
    Scutch wrote: »

• EA_Andy
    We're just working on some permissions at the moment across the forum so you may see this happen a little. Shouldn't take too long.
  • Antparry92
    17234 posts World Class
    Scutch wrote: »

• Tof33z
    5727 posts Big Money Move
    Maybe listen to your customers for once

not a single poster above thinks it is a good change
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Most people including myself won’t bother going to other sections of the forum, so this change will kill a lot of good threads.

There’s a reason a lot of us stay in our section. I only ever leave XBCC for the football league thread, and that is a rarity.
  • Davisto
    6056 posts Big Money Move
    Why try to fix it if it ain’t broke