Get Better at crosses/Headers

glennuk1
88 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Anyone got any advice.

I feel like when I play online, I lose balls in the air 80% of the time. Then If I do win the header it hits the bar or goes over. Not sure If my timing is wrong or if this is just another gameplay feature.

Anyone got any advice, tutorials etc.

Comments

• TheTataGuy
    991 posts Professional
    Its random
  • HullCity1904
    1873 posts Fans' Favourite
    I haven’t won a header from a cross since patch 2 , so I just don’t cross anymore :D

And my crosses never go where I want
  • Recoba
    3597 posts National Call-Up
    Go to the line, cut in, cross to the far post.

I use Hazard and Bale.
  • Torn4do
    673 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Press L2 or LT when going for the header along with whichever button you are going for and you will win a lot more headers, especially if defending or heading a goal kick etc
  • Joaopauloted
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I use L1+square early crosses, eventually Mbappé, Hazard or Reus scores.
  • glennuk1
    88 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Thanks for the advice. It does seem very random.
    The only thing I have noted is far post crosses seem to be alot more likely for me to win than any other type (doesn't matter who is at the far post, who is in the center, how many players etc).
  • TheDinhoKid10
    1298 posts Professional
    Try to time runs from the strikers one team i uses FB pato as a lone striker even though he has amazing hops still has to be in good position. IF Talissca isnt strong enough for me so i have to be sure they have space when i cross.

Used to have a 352 Seri A team that used Zaza and Icardi up top. The make space so you’ll always find their dome

Tatget man types will hold people off and ones like Icardi and Zaza who are strong tall and can jump generally win most headers.

Other strikers/forwards you gotta find them when they’re open
  • GeorgeGervin
    1549 posts Play-Off Hero
    glennuk1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice. It does seem very random.
    The only thing I have noted is far post crosses seem to be alot more likely for me to win than any other type (doesn't matter who is at the far post, who is in the center, how many players etc).

Depends a lot on personnel as well. Kane lukaku cavani Klose Mandzukic - those big monsters bury headers in the middle.