What’s the deal with tackling/interceptions?

Antparry92
17563 posts World Class
Some games you’ll come up against a player who just seems to nick every little ball you play. It might be a fairly easy 10 yard pass but all of a sudden his player accelerates like mad and intercepts a routine pass. Also have it with tackling where it seems like their player is constantly hassling you even when shielding the ball they’ll nick it from between your legs etc.

Just had a fella sub on a midfield of Jordan Lukaku, Dembele and Firmino and I’ve not seen anything like it all year on Fifa, literal ball magnets

Comments

• scalaneopt
    846 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 9
    I struggle with that also. Even with pressure, backline near Middle, select player on left stick...etc. i cannot do that. When i see a player doing that i use possession and pass back until i ser and oportunity to pass. Possession is Key.
  • RebelRob
    5044 posts Big Money Move
    There’s an answer that people can’t give, which some may agree with and some disagree with, but you can’t deny that when that happens it’s hard to suggest otherwise.

I’ve had those games where nothing you do works, I can put Fabinho in the way and he’ll just lift his leg up and it’ll roll under it, yet when i pass Jesus can intercept a pass in mid air that’s been driven and he’ll control it first time.

• Antparry92
    17563 posts World Class
    RebelRob wrote: »
    There’s an answer that people can’t give, which some may agree with and some disagree with, but you can’t deny that when that happens it’s hard to suggest otherwise.

I’ve had those games where nothing you do works, I can put Fabinho in the way and he’ll just lift his leg up and it’ll roll under it, yet when i pass Jesus can intercept a pass in mid air that’s been driven and he’ll control it first time.

That’s what I mean, I could play against his backline of Walker, Boateng and whoever else and they wouldn’t be getting to the same balls they were getting in the previous game. Like you said, it seemed to go the other way for me where my players were getting nutmegged by passes etc
  • DonovanFan
    603 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yes it’s quite crazy they are using done sort of combo of tactics and instruction exploits. I come against this in WL all the time it majors the game the opposite of fun as they need no skill .
  • kfcbucket21
    6075 posts Big Money Move
    Just not a fan this year of the gameplay. The ultra high pressure stuff is ridiculous and the game play doesnt let you play quick passes to counter it. Players always take an extra touch for no reason before passing or sometimes you have to hit it multiple times. Sad times :(
  • BarryChuckle
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Momentum.
  • Try passing up the wings and centering it when there’s an opening, I have the same problem
  • o0OainavO0o
    2170 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have de bruyne and kante as my cm/cdm’s, you’d be amazed at what de bruyne can come up on interceptions, tackles, and steals... firmino is their cam and in some cases all three are lined up or kante sweeps and firmino and de bruyne do business in the cm, not sure which stat causes them to be magnets but they are.