So I just deleted Fifa and my club

Alex_cr
4775 posts National Call-Up
Decided to give it one big push to get out of div 5 for the first time this year (yeah, I’m not very good!)

Got all the way to needing one win and I’m winning that, gameplay is smooth and then out of nowhere mysteriously I get what feels like lag! Very odd.

Well that was enough to just push me over the edge. I can’t play a game where I can’t progress and for all the complaints about divisions I’d genuinely rather have them so I can actually feel some sense of achievement. I don’t care about the enhanced rewards this year, it doesn’t make it more fun.

You know what? I think this year could have been really good if it wasn’t for 3 things.

1) AI defending - far too strong. I can’t believe however that people actually want to let a game play for them. You want to do that Football Managers your game.

2) timed finesse. Why oh why was this monstrosity brought in!? Again though, why would you want to only score one type of goal. I mean I’m division 5 for goodness sake - it’s not like my opponents are on the cusp of turning pro! If you’re playing me you’re pretty average so just have some fun!

3) same old - the servers. Absolute joke they are. What’s the point in even developing a game if you’re not going to give it a platform to succeed. Absolutely baffling.

Anyway, I’m off to discover RDR2. I’d like to say I won’t be back next year but obviously I’m a moron so I’ll no doubt have it on pre order 😂

Comments

• Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    The game is a series of ebbs and flows where the AI plays a stupidly lage role. How you deal with those determines the result.

All I want to do is play my opponent with the AI being relatively balanced .
  • Alex_cr
    Xtc wrote: »
    The game is a series of ebbs and flows where the AI plays a stupidly lage role. How you deal with those determines the result.

All I want to do is play my opponent with the AI being relatively balanced .

Yeah, the AI should be there to keep your team in the shape you ask, you should be able to instruct your team to press buy they shouldn’t auto press like some sort of pack of hyenas and they definitely should not auto tackle and auto block. You should have to select the correct defender. Yeah it would make it harder to defend but if you remove 35 yard spammed finesse finishing then instantly you’d have a game that actually resembles football.
  • Phodri
    317 posts Sunday League Hero
    And i dont get it, i cant defend to save my life. I got the bad habit of manual defending, but even when i try to let go and let the AI defend, i still conceed so easy.
    Or im doing something wrong :#
  • Alex_cr
    Phodri wrote: »
    And i dont get it, i cant defend to save my life. I got the bad habit of manual defending, but even when i try to let go and let the AI defend, i still conceed so easy.
    Or im doing something wrong :#

You want to know how to do it? Go watch the thousands of YouTube videos that show you. Now that’s another issue. YouTube has killed any individuality in the game.
  • Thuq
    954 posts Semi-Pro
    Dont know if it just me, but i really enjoyed the game the 2 first weeks. Gameplay was really fluid and responsive and i actually said to a friend for the very first time "im enjoying fifa".
    Now i dont even know whats going on, every game differs the other & alot of random bs included.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something
    Thuq wrote: »
    Dont know if it just me, but i really enjoyed the game the 2 first weeks. Gameplay was really fluid and responsive and i actually said to a friend for the very first time "im enjoying fifa".
    Now i dont even know whats going on, every game differs the other & alot of random bs included.

It's not just you I think the whole community enjoyed the game on release. Just a few things needed to be touched on, nerf finesse, nerf AI, improve player switching
  • TopClass13
    1129 posts Professional

Not just good, fifa was great at the begining.

I am coming to believe that pro players/sponsors with their ridiculous demands destroy the game on purpose, along with ea, for the vast majority of football fans.

Backing's too big moneywise.
  • SinkXI
    783 posts Semi-Pro
    I promised I was giving up a couple of weeks ago. Sold every player that was tradeable, spent it all on packs until I had nothing left. I lasted a week before picking it up again 😂 feel a bit stupid with the amount of coins I wasted , but it definitely has changed my attitude towards playing the game and I’m enjoying it a lot more (within reason🤣) and I actually just finished 2 ranks higher in WL than I ever have. Previously couldn’t get past silver 1. But finished gold 2 at the weekend just passed.
  • Alex_cr

Yeah I loved it when it started. I don’t hate it now when it’s good. But the sudden influx of lag last night was just too weird. I can’t believe my internet would suddenly start playing up at that time of night when I’m the only one using it!
  • Alex_cr
    SinkXI wrote: »
    I promised I was giving up a couple of weeks ago. Sold every player that was tradeable, spent it all on packs until I had nothing left. I lasted a week before picking it up again 😂 feel a bit stupid with the amount of coins I wasted , but it definitely has changed my attitude towards playing the game and I’m enjoying it a lot more (within reason🤣) and I actually just finished 2 ranks higher in WL than I ever have. Previously couldn’t get past silver 1. But finished gold 2 at the weekend just passed.

This is the sad thing - I know full well I’ll be back 😂
  • madwullie
    4144 posts National Call-Up
    Genuinely will miss your input on the forums mate. One of the few voices of reason (unless I have you mixed up with someone else, in which case good riddance)
  • Alex_cr
    madwullie wrote: »
    Genuinely will miss your input on the forums mate. One of the few voices of reason (unless I have you mixed up with someone else, in which case good riddance)

Haha! Well I don’t troll and I try and respect all opinions but the forums are my only online social interactions so I imagine I’ll kick around... plus I’m resigned to the fact I’ll probably continue playing 😂
  • SinkXI
    783 posts Semi-Pro
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    SinkXI wrote: »

This is the sad thing - I know full well I’ll be back 😂

Yeah I don’t know who I was kidding 😂 was a pleasant week off though.
  • Murphdogz
    1521 posts Play-Off Hero
    Div rivals.win 3 get 72 points lose 3 lose 90 odd points same thing over and over.win 3 lose 3 win 3 lose 3.
  • TheTataGuy
    986 posts Professional
    Stupid choice man, i did the same in Fifa 16 i think, goodbye fut founder status..
  • Alex_cr
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    Stupid choice man, i did the same in Fifa 16 i think, goodbye fut founder status..

I lost my fut founder status before I realised it was a thing! Just fancied restarting one year. Bit gutting really.
  • Good for you man.

You are now a free man. This game is beyond reparations.

I actually skipped Fifa 17 after deleting my club in 16. Then I returned in Fifa 18 which was a bad mistake.

The game is addictive and makes you feel like you can “ get better”. But you can’t get better unless you start playing Mortal Kombat instead of foootball. Just learn button combo’s and repeat same moves over and over and over
  • Alex_cr
    AndreiOT89 wrote: »
    Good for you man.

I actually skipped Fifa 17 after deleting my club in 16. Then I returned in Fifa 18 which was a bad mistake.

The game is addictive and makes you feel like you can “ get better”. But you can’t get better unless you start playing Mortal Kombat instead of foootball. Just learn button combo’s and repeat same moves over and over and over

Loving the mortal combat comparison. I guess that’s what games are though!
  • Davisto
    6129 posts Big Money Move
    Good riddance
  • Alex_cr
    Davisto wrote: »
    Good riddance

Why even bother using your time up. Weird
  • TSpiers1UK
    327 posts Sunday League Hero
    I deleted my club the other day...I got rid of all my tradable players one week but kept having the urge to play, so I did. Made an untradable team and with a few days hated it again, wondered why I was wasting my time on a game I don’t enjoy just to have the possibility of packing something great...the only thing to do was delete and move on!
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something
    AndreiOT89 wrote: »
    Good for you man.

Get over here!
  • RandomLhama83
    10092 posts Has That Special Something
    love it that you hit on the timed finesse issue. its really ruined the game imo... noobs are running wild with it.... 5 patches in and this horrendous company still wont address the issue with timed finesses. 1v1 should not be harder to score than 40 yard finesses. but it is... and that just further proves what incompetence we are dealing wit here.
  • Davisto
    6129 posts Big Money Move
    Good riddance

Why bother using your time making a thread stating you are going but still on here talking about it :joy: people take this game to seriously for me :joy:
  • I SiR MartY I
    5449 posts Big Money Move
    Anyway, I’m off to discover RDR2. I’d like to say I won’t be back next year but obviously I’m a moron so I’ll no doubt have it on pre order 😂

Good Boah!!!
  • Alex_cr
    Good riddance

Why bother using your time making a thread stating you are going but still on here talking about it :joy: people take this game to seriously for me :joy:

Because i was raging obviously. I get people saying that’s a stupid move but just good riddance... I mean I’ve never even noticed you on the forums, pretty sure I’ve never upset you. But whatever gives you kicks - just think it’s odd.
  • Alex_cr

Good Boah!!!

Starting tonight - can’t waiy. Just got to sit through an hour of Corrie with the mrs first :|
  • Sterve
    573 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think a big part of the game being good in the first couple of weeks is that people havent figured out fully the op custom tactics and game exploits.

It is so tiring playing constant pressure drop back 1 bar depth fast build up counter attack spam timed finesse.
  • Alex_cr
    Sterve wrote: »
    I think a big part of the game being good in the first couple of weeks is that people havent figured out fully the op custom tactics and game exploits.

It is so tiring playing constant pressure drop back 1 bar depth fast build up counter attack spam timed finesse.

Someone put this earlier. I think you’re bang on the money with that.