Why does this happen on corners!?

Davvebingan
2312 posts Fans' Favourite
Why does my players move to new places everytime my opponent switch corner taker. I can’t be my players to cover front post or move my tall player into the penalty area. But then my opponent just switch corner taker so that they move back or to even worse positions. Why is that in the game? As you can see in the video that I’ll link further down he does it twice on the same corner and the second time I don’t react fast enough to get back. Is there any good reason to why the opponent can do this?

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/bingan02/video/66920375

Comments

• Noo
    1028 posts Professional
    What would you rather have?

If the players you moved remained in the position you switched them too manually, and your opponent changed kck taker causing their players position to adjust. You would be on here complaining that by changing kick taker he gets a free header elsewhere in the box. his You said it yourself.

You don't react fast enough.
  • Davvebingan
    Noo wrote: »
    What would you rather have?

If the players you moved remained in the position you switched them too manually, and your opponent changed kck taker causing their players position to adjust. You would be on here complaining that by changing kick taker he gets a free header elsewhere in the box. his You said it yourself.

You don't react fast enough.

I’d rather have that switching corner take, only swaps the corner taker and the new guy. The rest shouldn’t move.
  • YOLOT0URE
    6949 posts Big Money Move
    Tbh I get more annoyed by which players are in the box. Nothing more annoying that your 6ft 4 cb with 37 shooting being on the edge of the box and volley it for a throw in inside your own half
  • Daveofwales01
    8343 posts League Winner
    Love how when defending a corner the furthest man forward for me is so Campbell, what the hell? He should be heading clear and R9 should be on halfway not the other way around
  • Scutch
    10340 posts Has That Special Something
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    Tbh I get more annoyed by which players are in the box. Nothing more annoying that your 6ft 4 cb with 37 shooting being on the edge of the box and volley it for a throw in inside your own half

Yes. Rio Ferdinand is always outside my box waiting on the counter attack. WTF.
  • Davvebingan

Yeah I agree that is annoying both offensively and defensively.
  • Davvebingan
    Love how when defending a corner the furthest man forward for me is so Campbell, what the hell? He should be heading clear and R9 should be on halfway not the other way around

For me puyol often is furthest up which really slows down the counter
  • YOLOT0URE
    6949 posts Big Money Move

I always tend to find its my Lewandowski. Not bad, but not ideal when it means Ben yedder is marking an attacker in my box
  • Davvebingan

I always tend to find its my Lewandowski. Not bad, but not ideal when it means Ben yedder is marking an attacker in my box

Yeah ideal for me would be Messi or Cruyff but it rarely is
  • Just get a team of players over 6ft and you should be fine
  • Diggy
    13616 posts Has That Special Something
    Sol Campbell & Cannavaro chilling on the edge of the box for with Tierney guarding near post

Corners like the rest of the game are broken
  • Davvebingan
    Just get a team of players over 6ft and you should be fine

Yeah, but no I like my smaller players
  • Davvebingan
    Diggy wrote: »
    Sol Campbell & Cannavaro chilling on the edge of the box for with Tierney guarding near post

Corners like the rest of the game are broken

For me Socrates and Ramos outside of box, Puyol in middle of the pitch and Alves/Modric first post
  • Kaspani
    328 posts Sunday League Hero
    Is there any way to choose who is the first receiver on a corner? By this I mean the player selected when you press lb once. I have cr7, he used to be pick number one, I haven’t changed his position and now he’s pick number 4/5
  • Davvebingan
    Kaspani wrote: »
    Is there any way to choose who is the first receiver on a corner? By this I mean the player selected when you press lb once. I have cr7, he used to be pick number one, I haven’t changed his position and now he’s pick number 4/5

I don’t know actually