Icon SBCs - confused

MushyP15
329 posts Sunday League Hero
Sorry, this has probably been stated before. But why do weekly reward (red) TOTW cards not count as TOTW cards when doing SBCs for Icons?
Does it have to be a black card? If so why?

Comments

  • El_Nino
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 8
    It just does, it’s like asking why does it need an IF a player instead of a OTW card, because there not the same thing?
    I understand the confusion as people assume Red cards=IFs butr here not the same, simply having the same stats doesn’t make them the same card. There two different card types
  • madwullie
    4356 posts National Call-Up
    Besides not everyone has access to the sane amount of red cards, so this way its a level playing field
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Safehands84
    3517 posts National Call-Up
    madwullie wrote: »
    Besides not everyone has access to the sane amount of red cards, so this way its a level playing field

    What he said.

    If they counted those finishing in the high ranks every week would be able to complete most icon sbcs with untradeables, it kind of keeps it fair
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • El_Nino
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 8
    1 particular individual in this thread really shouldn’t be allowed to breed.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • El_Nino
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    1 particular individual in this thread really shouldn’t be allowed to breed.

    You're a very angry person, why is that?

    Did you get nothing from all the FP you bought and now you're mad about it?

    People spread lies and misinformation in threads, it gives the wrong message to people, I try to correct it
    My Fifa points packed me Prime Henry so I’m good actually.

    And the irony of calling me an angry person, your the one assuming I was talking about you? But hey if the shoe fits and all mate 😂
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thuq
    954 posts Semi-Pro
    madwullie wrote: »
    Besides not everyone has access to the sane amount of red cards, so this way its a level playing field

    What he said.

    If they counted those finishing in the high ranks every week would be able to complete most icon sbcs with untradeables, it kind of keeps it fair

    Sorry but that doesnt make sense. Those who finish high and get rewarded accordingly, they also get couple tradable IF's, no? So completing whatever SBC is easier for them anyway.

    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    it's purely for FP sales and to control the market, your logic is flawed and wrong, wake up
    Exactly what this guy says.

    And to asnwer your qestion, the red version is an exact copy of the inform but its just doesnt go under the inform 'category'.
  • El_Nino
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    1 particular individual in this thread really shouldn’t be allowed to breed.

    You're a very angry person, why is that?

    Did you get nothing from all the FP you bought and now you're mad about it?

    People spread lies and misinformation in threads, it gives the wrong message to people, I try to correct it
    My Fifa points packed me Prime Henry so I’m good actually.

    And the irony of calling me an angry person, your the one assuming I was talking about you? But hey if the shoe fits and all mate 😂

    Well you're following me around in other threads :D :D :D

    So let's talk about the part of my post that's wrong earlier in this thread

    I explained/showed what was wrong with what I quoted

    Or are you just mad? Like, talk some sense please

    You keep saying this, no mate I’m not mad, KSI your idol was he? 😂

    I’ve not said your wrong in the bulk of what you say it’s the manor you go about it. Ofc EA don’t want to give away IF players for free, why would they? They give away the red cards as it’s still a nice bonus on top of Fut Champions, why should they count as IFs? There not marketed as IFs, they’ve never been counted as IFs, they have their own specific card type.

    You act as if it’s some big screw job by EA that the reds don’t count as IFs, when there’s literally no reason they would.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • El_Nino
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    1 particular individual in this thread really shouldn’t be allowed to breed.

    You're a very angry person, why is that?

    Did you get nothing from all the FP you bought and now you're mad about it?

    People spread lies and misinformation in threads, it gives the wrong message to people, I try to correct it
    My Fifa points packed me Prime Henry so I’m good actually.

    And the irony of calling me an angry person, your the one assuming I was talking about you? But hey if the shoe fits and all mate 😂

    Well you're following me around in other threads :D :D :D

    So let's talk about the part of my post that's wrong earlier in this thread

    I explained/showed what was wrong with what I quoted

    Or are you just mad? Like, talk some sense please

    You keep saying this, no mate I’m not mad, KSI your idol was he? 😂

    I’ve not said your wrong in the bulk of what you say it’s the manor you go about it. Ofc EA don’t want to give away IF players for free, why would they? They give away the red cards as it’s still a nice bonus on top of Fut Champions, why should they count as IFs? There not marketed as IFs, they’ve never been counted as IFs, they have their own specific card type.

    You act as if it’s some big screw job by EA that the reds don’t count as IFs, when there’s literally no reason they would.

    I don't think I've ever watched a KSI video

    Exactly, they don't want to, why don't they want to? Because it makes SBC's easier for people.

    Do you think they sit there thinking "ahh man, if those reds could be used it ruins the INTEGRITY of those SBC's! and that's one thing we care about, isn't that right Bob, the integrity of your content!"

    No

    It goes "f them, why give them free IF's for SBC's, that de values the market and makes FP purchases less desirable"

    I don't act like it's a screw job, I'm saying that the reasoning isn't "to make it fair for people who finish lower"

    Because by that logic they wouldn't give you 500k+ of rewards for a high finish and under 50k for a low finish
    You sure do quote him constantly.

    And you clearly are acting like it’s a score job “f them”, your acting as if we’re all entitled to the free IFs, just be grateful for the red cards and accept there not IFs? It’s not an F.U from EA at all.

    Regarding the part I’ve highlighted, I’m glad to know you work for EA then, stop acting like you know everything, your purely guessing at what you belive, and I have a feeling, just a hunch that in reality your not an omnipotent being and in fact are not aware of everything.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kayron16
    2207 posts Fans' Favourite
    The reasoning is pretty simple. The SBCs are priced up to cost a certain amount. If everyone could stick reds in to count as ifs they’d ask for more requirements like another icon/otw cards etc. Then the only people getting screwed over are the people that haven’t got reds.
  • El_Nino
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    1 particular individual in this thread really shouldn’t be allowed to breed.

    You're a very angry person, why is that?

    Did you get nothing from all the FP you bought and now you're mad about it?

    People spread lies and misinformation in threads, it gives the wrong message to people, I try to correct it
    My Fifa points packed me Prime Henry so I’m good actually.

    And the irony of calling me an angry person, your the one assuming I was talking about you? But hey if the shoe fits and all mate 😂

    Well you're following me around in other threads :D :D :D

    So let's talk about the part of my post that's wrong earlier in this thread

    I explained/showed what was wrong with what I quoted

    Or are you just mad? Like, talk some sense please

    You keep saying this, no mate I’m not mad, KSI your idol was he? 😂

    I’ve not said your wrong in the bulk of what you say it’s the manor you go about it. Ofc EA don’t want to give away IF players for free, why would they? They give away the red cards as it’s still a nice bonus on top of Fut Champions, why should they count as IFs? There not marketed as IFs, they’ve never been counted as IFs, they have their own specific card type.

    You act as if it’s some big screw job by EA that the reds don’t count as IFs, when there’s literally no reason they would.

    I don't think I've ever watched a KSI video

    Exactly, they don't want to, why don't they want to? Because it makes SBC's easier for people.

    Do you think they sit there thinking "ahh man, if those reds could be used it ruins the INTEGRITY of those SBC's! and that's one thing we care about, isn't that right Bob, the integrity of your content!"

    No

    It goes "f them, why give them free IF's for SBC's, that de values the market and makes FP purchases less desirable"

    I don't act like it's a screw job, I'm saying that the reasoning isn't "to make it fair for people who finish lower"

    Because by that logic they wouldn't give you 500k+ of rewards for a high finish and under 50k for a low finish
    You sure do quote him constantly.

    And you clearly are acting like it’s a score job “f them”, your acting as if we’re all entitled to the free IFs, just be grateful for the red cards and accept there not IFs? It’s not an F.U from EA at all.

    Regarding the part I’ve highlighted, I’m glad to know you work for EA then, stop acting like you know everything, your purely guessing at what you belive, and I have a feeling, just a hunch that in reality your not an omnipotent being and in fact are not aware of everything.

    I don't think he invented the word "mad" haha

    You get the gist of what I'm saying, it's not to be taken literally word for word, we both know that's not how this works,

    We should be grateful for rewards from a competitive mode? You do realise it's what keeps people playing, which in turn profits them more, like, I applaud them for implementing a good system, but what it's done has made a lot of people who would maybe not consider FP as they couldn't get icon/TOTY teams in the past be able to consider it now, rewards and the extra coins are just a path/gate way to more expensive end game content.

    Also, what's up for debate is why they're not IF's, I accepted they're not IF's from the day I saw they weren't IF's, I'm not saying they SHOULD be, we're debating the reasoning I thought?

    In regards to the part you highlighted, there is NOTHING fair in this game, so how can you even say that? Traders hoard tens of millions of coins and control the market. people can PURCHASE POINTS TO BUY PLAYERS, EA generate TOTY players/ICONS/IF'S on to the market, people who finish high get stupid rewards, you think the low player is thinking "man, I guess it's ok that I got 20k and Gorilla got 2 mil from weekly rewards, because his few red cards can't be used as IF, this game and market is fair now)

    What I've said is beyond any reasonable doubt, I'd like to know why you think it isn't if you still do, as you seem to be pretty sensible.

    And yes, you're right, I'm not an omnipotent being :D :D :D
    It’s very much his cliche phrase but fair enough,
    I guess I just don’t think they should be IF cards, I feel the purpose of red Cards is to try and use them/collect them that’s how I see it, there a bonus, not the sole reason to play imo.
    To me that’s fair, if your willing to put time/effort/money into the game your team should be better, Gorilla should get better rewards for going 30/0 although I do agree this isn’t anything to do with red cards for me(someone else’s point)

    Imo you haven’t said anything beyond doubt, you’ve guessed that the sole reason they do it is to screw people, I agree the market is part of the reason they don’t make reds count as IFs I’m just saying there’s plenty of other plausible reasons as well.

    And fine you’ve had a mature adult conversation which frankly is nothing short of a miracle on GD, you have my blessing to spread your seed, enjoy yourself son 😂
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • El_Nino
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    1 particular individual in this thread really shouldn’t be allowed to breed.

    You're a very angry person, why is that?

    Did you get nothing from all the FP you bought and now you're mad about it?

    People spread lies and misinformation in threads, it gives the wrong message to people, I try to correct it
    My Fifa points packed me Prime Henry so I’m good actually.

    And the irony of calling me an angry person, your the one assuming I was talking about you? But hey if the shoe fits and all mate 😂

    Well you're following me around in other threads :D :D :D

    So let's talk about the part of my post that's wrong earlier in this thread

    I explained/showed what was wrong with what I quoted

    Or are you just mad? Like, talk some sense please

    You keep saying this, no mate I’m not mad, KSI your idol was he? 😂

    I’ve not said your wrong in the bulk of what you say it’s the manor you go about it. Ofc EA don’t want to give away IF players for free, why would they? They give away the red cards as it’s still a nice bonus on top of Fut Champions, why should they count as IFs? There not marketed as IFs, they’ve never been counted as IFs, they have their own specific card type.

    You act as if it’s some big screw job by EA that the reds don’t count as IFs, when there’s literally no reason they would.

    I don't think I've ever watched a KSI video

    Exactly, they don't want to, why don't they want to? Because it makes SBC's easier for people.

    Do you think they sit there thinking "ahh man, if those reds could be used it ruins the INTEGRITY of those SBC's! and that's one thing we care about, isn't that right Bob, the integrity of your content!"

    No

    It goes "f them, why give them free IF's for SBC's, that de values the market and makes FP purchases less desirable"

    I don't act like it's a screw job, I'm saying that the reasoning isn't "to make it fair for people who finish lower"

    Because by that logic they wouldn't give you 500k+ of rewards for a high finish and under 50k for a low finish
    You sure do quote him constantly.

    And you clearly are acting like it’s a score job “f them”, your acting as if we’re all entitled to the free IFs, just be grateful for the red cards and accept there not IFs? It’s not an F.U from EA at all.

    Regarding the part I’ve highlighted, I’m glad to know you work for EA then, stop acting like you know everything, your purely guessing at what you belive, and I have a feeling, just a hunch that in reality your not an omnipotent being and in fact are not aware of everything.

    I don't think he invented the word "mad" haha

    You get the gist of what I'm saying, it's not to be taken literally word for word, we both know that's not how this works,

    We should be grateful for rewards from a competitive mode? You do realise it's what keeps people playing, which in turn profits them more, like, I applaud them for implementing a good system, but what it's done has made a lot of people who would maybe not consider FP as they couldn't get icon/TOTY teams in the past be able to consider it now, rewards and the extra coins are just a path/gate way to more expensive end game content.

    Also, what's up for debate is why they're not IF's, I accepted they're not IF's from the day I saw they weren't IF's, I'm not saying they SHOULD be, we're debating the reasoning I thought?

    In regards to the part you highlighted, there is NOTHING fair in this game, so how can you even say that? Traders hoard tens of millions of coins and control the market. people can PURCHASE POINTS TO BUY PLAYERS, EA generate TOTY players/ICONS/IF'S on to the market, people who finish high get stupid rewards, you think the low player is thinking "man, I guess it's ok that I got 20k and Gorilla got 2 mil from weekly rewards, because his few red cards can't be used as IF, this game and market is fair now)

    What I've said is beyond any reasonable doubt, I'd like to know why you think it isn't if you still do, as you seem to be pretty sensible.

    And yes, you're right, I'm not an omnipotent being :D :D :D
    It’s very much his cliche phrase but fair enough,
    I guess I just don’t think they should be IF cards, I feel the purpose of red Cards is to try and use them/collect them that’s how I see it, there a bonus, not the sole reason to play imo.
    To me that’s fair, if your willing to put time/effort/money into the game your team should be better, Gorilla should get better rewards for going 30/0 although I do agree this isn’t anything to do with red cards for me(someone else’s point)

    Imo you haven’t said anything beyond doubt, you’ve guessed that the sole reason they do it is to screw people, I agree the market is part of the reason they don’t make reds count as IFs I’m just saying there’s plenty of other plausible reasons as well.

    And fine you’ve had a mature adult conversation which frankly is nothing short of a miracle on GD, you have my blessing to spread your seed, enjoy yourself son 😂

    Fair points all round sir, and a good day to you too!

    PS: I'm 27, guessing you around the same, we're getting too old for this s**t aye bro lol

    A mature and amicable ending to a disagreement on GD, the impossible has happened, expect the theee horseman along any moment now.

    I’m 22 so yeah I’m getting there aha, getting too old for Fifa in general, no where near as much free time these days, busy old life aha

  • MushyP15
    329 posts Sunday League Hero
    kayron16 wrote: »
    The reasoning is pretty simple. The SBCs are priced up to cost a certain amount. If everyone could stick reds in to count as ifs they’d ask for more requirements like another icon/otw cards etc. Then the only people getting screwed over are the people that haven’t got reds.

    Thank you for the clear advice. This year I have only stuck to tradeable packs as rewards but it may be a tactic next year to go full untradeable, get double the packs and put them all into icon SBCs.

    Don’t have the time or coin balances some have so have to work to a strategy.

Sign In or Register to comment.