433-5 questions

czcash
450 posts An Exciting Prospect
Hi

Im getting bored and am looking into trying 433 false 9. Havent used the formation for a few years, and have a few questions.

1 - I currently have CR7 in my team. How will be be as the CF in this formation? Better off using him as LW and do SBC Insigne or something as CF instead?

2 - Wingers! Cut inside-wingers or do crosses? (Which foot basically)

3 - Fullbacks. I currently have Meunier and IF Kolarov, and have been having them stay back to keep a solid 4-man defensive line. Will this work with 433-5 as well, or do I need to play attacking fullbacks?

4 - Does EL-RTTF Parolo, Matuidi, Naingolan sound like a good midfield trio?

Hope someone can fill me in a bit.

Comments

• madwullie
    4170 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 8
    1. I use him as lcm but that's mainly because I have cruyff as cf. I'd probably use him as cf although he's a bit big for me, prefer a Messi type player in there.

2. The accepted wisdom to play this formation "correctly" is to have cut inside with the cf playing killer passes for the winger to finish. Kinda hard to accomplish in fifa but that's what I try anyway.

3. I have my fullbacks on at least balanced but usually join attack. Again this is how the formation is "meant" to be played. What actually works in fifa is a different matter. Allowing your fbs some freedom does give you more options coming forward tho.

4. I've only used nain and he was great.

Edit: plenty of chat in here https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/411861/the-433-x-discussion-thread-cts-for-5-in-first-post/p1
  • AdamH
    881 posts Semi-Pro
    Ideally you want you CF to have M/M work rates so he floats in the area you want him to be. Good passing is a must, as is dribbling. You want him to be feeding your wingers and he is the lynchpin of the team. Don’t expect him to score loads.

Wingers set to get in behind and stay forward. You want to be crossing minimally, all about through balls and finishing. 5 aye weak foot is highly desireable (Perisic)

Having your FB on stay back would work. As for CM, I had a M/H CDM flanked by two H/M CMs who bomb forward and assist in attack. H/H would work too (Nain is a beast)

This formation is amazing fun and great at keeping posession. Expect 55-60% per game. However you may find it hard to break down better players. I love this formation but never score as many as if I play a striker.
  • czcash
    Thanks guys!
    Ill try this and see how it goes :)

6hmuR3.jpg
  • AdamH
    881 posts Semi-Pro
    Try SMS in CM over Kolarov
  • czcash
    AdamH wrote: »
    Try SMS in CM over Kolarov

Havent tried Kolarov there yet, so was just for fun.
    Been thinking of using him as CDM as well...

If it doesnt feel right, ill just replace him :)
  • Nivaze
    2319 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 8
    I like my CMs on Get Forward so they make runs behind the CF and my wingers on Cut inside/GIB so they can cut in for a finesse. I usually score alot with my CMs this way as they always make good runs in the box and they also create space for the wingers.
  • czcash
    Nivaze wrote: »
    I like my CMs on Get Forward so they make runs behind the CF and my wingers on Cut inside/GIB so they can cut in for a finesse. I usually score alot with my CMs this way as they always make good runs in the box and they also create space for the wingers.

This is interesting!
    What instructions do you use for your CF?
  • Noviembre17
    448 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 8
    After 4-2-3-1 i changed to 4-3-3 (5) due to raul sbc. Its not a good tactic to compete but fun to Play so i recommend it.

If we talk about your last photo, I think insigne isnt a proper choice, false 9 position for organising attacks but he should score too. Maybe you can boost cr7's passing and use him as false 9. I use prime raul as cf and he scores most of the goals and asists remaining goals. It's your most important player. So it should be cr7.

Mbappe to lm, and a left footed rm player will do the trick. Maybe douglas costa rttf or sif suso u can use for a good chem.

You should have 2 tactics one for fb's stay back other one for fb's join attack and change it during Games for gaining momentum.
  • czcash
    edited January 8
    After 4-2-3-1 i changed to 4-3-3 (5) due to raul sbc. Its not a good tactic to compete but fun to Play so i recommend it.

If we talk about your last photo, I think insigne isnt a proper choice, false 9 position for organising attacks but he should score too. Maybe you can boost cr7's passing and use him as false 9. I use prime raul as cf and he scores most of the goals and asists remaining goals. It's your most important player. So it should be cr7.

Mbappe to lm, and a left footed rm player will do the trick. Maybe douglas costa rttf or sif suso u can use for a good chem.

You should have 2 tactics one for fb's stay back other one for fb's join attack and change it during Games for gaining momentum.

Yeah, was thinking about this.
    Played 2 games now with the team in the photo. Plays well, 2 easy wins, but dont really feel the wingers cutting in. Maybe if I had someone else than insigne, with a bit more muscle...

Mbappe on the right doesnt really bother me. He scores with both feet and i have not had any issue with that on his card. Will try CR7 cf and Insigne lw for a few games.
    Maybe push kolarov back to LB and use Lukaku as CM (or parolo, but that requires me bringing Costa in for chem.)

Im also nearly done with the Raul SBC, so he will get the CF spot when thats done. Just need an 86 rated squad ;)
  • freddfranca
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How can I use Aguero and SBC Tevez in this formation? I can Start with other formation and change in game, but where they Will fit better?
  • Notformeclive
    2343 posts Fans' Favourite
    Personally I put the CF on 'stay central' (everything else balanced) and the wingers on 'cut inside' 'get in behind.

I also have the CMs on 'get forward', to fill those 'half spaces' between the wingers (when they stay wide) and the centre forward, if you watch Man City play it is what DeBruyne and Silva are brilliant at, you want them to be basically CAMs as they get a lot of chances but also able to contribute defensively.
    So the likes of DeBruyne rather than Mertens and Gomez.

My team at the moment has IF (red) Firmino and flashback Tevez as CMs (may be of interest to @freddfranca) and they are really good, decent stamina is also very useful here.
    Fullbacks balanced (for me), CDM stay back, cut passing lanes.

Here is a video of pro player Zelonius getting 40-0 last year with the formation (Fifa 18 but you see the player instructions he uses and how the formation works) , he does use CR7 at CF as well.

He also posted a Fifa 19 tactic one but it doesn't have his players and gameplay, still that's here:

• czcash
    Personally I put the CF on 'stay central' (everything else balanced) and the wingers on 'cut inside' 'get in behind.

I also have the CMs on 'get forward', to fill those 'half spaces' between the wingers (when they stay wide) and the centre forward, if you watch Man City play it is what DeBruyne and Silva are brilliant at, you want them to be basically CAMs as they get a lot of chances but also able to contribute defensively.
    So the likes of DeBruyne rather than Mertens and Gomez.

My team at the moment has IF (red) Firmino and flashback Tevez as CMs (may be of interest to @freddfranca) and they are really good, decent stamina is also very useful here.
    Fullbacks balanced (for me), CDM stay back, cut passing lanes.

Here is a video of pro player Zelonius getting 40-0 last year with the formation (Fifa 18 but you see the player instructions he uses and how the formation works) , he does use CR7 at CF as well.

He also posted a Fifa 19 tactic one but it doesn't have his players and gameplay, still that's here:

THANK! YOU!
  • FCBlunt
    1971 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 9
    How dare you have stayback on your fullbacks! :lol: (attacking fullbacks are a key part of any 433 )

Listen, I will let you in on my secrets, mate.

I play my wingers on a free role and have them stay forward. My CF balanced with false 9(no stay forward) My CMs both have free role while my CDM have stay back(because of H/H wr, and no free role)
    Alright, the Fullbacks need to be balanced and set to overlap.
    I play 7 depth, 5 width defensively blanaced.
    I play possession with 7 width on my attack, always turn players in the box down one bar. And just in case I have a offesive preset with full width on att, and full depth*

Try it out. I’m taking names with this set up.
    I were inspired very much off Barca and how fluid the midfield, wingers and fullbacks have to move around the field.
    Post edited by FCBlunt on
  • Zakury
    694 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Cr7 makes a great CF in this formation, I tried him, like this:

1. Cut inside wingers, use wingers with a good inside foot shot and passing, i used SIF Suso and Nedved
    2. Tell CR7 to get in behind and when you cut inside you will have the option to finesse far post or through ball for ronaldo
    3. Have your CDM, LB, and RB to stay back while attacking, you basically have 3 strikers and 2 CMs, you dont need any more width or attackers
    4. Play with low attacking width so that when your wingers cut inside they aren't too far from the middle to shoot or pass back/forward
  • Nivaze
    czcash wrote: »

This is interesting!
    What instructions do you use for your CF?

Stay Central only
  • Nivaze
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    How dare you have stayback on your fullbacks! :lol: (attacking fullbacks are an key part of a 433(5) )

I play my wingers on a free role and have the stay forward. My CF balanced with false 9(no stay forward) My CMs both have free role while my CDM have stay back(because of H/H wr, and no free role)
    I play possession with 7 width on my attack, always turn players in the box down one bar. And just in case I have a offesive preset with full width on both def n att.

I were inspired very much off Barca and how fluid the midfield, wingers and fullbacks have to move around the field.

Gave this a try, works really well for now. I like how you can control the game with passing to frustrate the opponent and basically have so many options in attack.
  • FCBlunt
    1971 posts Fans' Favourite
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    How dare you have stayback on your fullbacks! :lol: (attacking fullbacks are an key part of a 433(5) )

I play my wingers on a free role and have the stay forward. My CF balanced with false 9(no stay forward) My CMs both have free role while my CDM have stay back(because of H/H wr, and no free role)
    I play possession with 7 width on my attack, always turn players in the box down one bar. And just in case I have a offesive preset with full width on both def n att.

Gave this a try, works really well for now. I like how you can control the game with passing to frustrate the opponent and basically have so many options in attack.

Glad to help, mate. I love the passing and there’s just so many lanes to exploit. The key part is deffo enjoying possession and passing. The midfield to the final third is your playground basically.

I forgot to mention, all players in my midfield have a H/H workrate, so they’ll easily go from box to box.
  • czcash
    Great answers here! I now have a few different setups to try out.

But im getting Raul tonight... him as rw and cr7 as cf? Or cr7 lw and raul cf?
    If mbappe will be the 3rd man...

Was also considering selling ronaldo and build more class around mbappe and raul...but will be hard letting him go...
  • madwullie
    4170 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 9
    I have my cf on false 9, come back on defence. He makes fantastic runs from deep.

I also play 8 depth and 10 width in attack. Have it about 5 width in defence.
  • Notformeclive
    2343 posts Fans' Favourite

Was also considering selling ronaldo and build more class around mbappe and raul...but will be hard letting him go...

I think Raul has to be CF, he's perfect there.

Ronaldo would still be great LW (it was his position till now) or even as a CM on get forward, similar to how pros used prime Henry, Mbappe on the right.
    I would probably go Raul CF, Ronaldo left, Mbappe right.

It may mean having to find a LW who can play as a CM but I'm sure there are some, a Nedved or RTTF Perisic for instance.
  • Nivaze
    madwullie wrote: »
    I have my cf on false 9, come back on defence. He makes fantastic runs from deep.

I also play 8 depth and 10 width in attack. Have it about 5 width in defence.

Don’t you feel the wingers play too wide with 10 width?
  • czcash

I think Raul has to be CF, he's perfect there.

Ronaldo would still be great LW (it was his position till now) or even as a CM on get forward, similar to how pros used prime Henry, Mbappe on the right.
    I would probably go Raul CF, Ronaldo left, Mbappe right.

It may mean having to find a LW who can play as a CM but I'm sure there are some, a Nedved or RTTF Perisic for instance.

Perisic is one.
    I have also used futmas lukaku at cm and he is pretty good, despite being only 81 rated. Not a clinical finisher though...