Is this cheating?

Dijkstra
149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Hey guys,

In both Weekend league and division rivals, all my opponents are doing insane defense like legacy style. In the latest 7 WL and DR games, I noticed all of my opponents' players have unusually higher overall ratings, such as
- 93 Aubamayang
- 95 Hazard
- 92 M. Alonso
- 96 KDB
- 88 Lala
- etc

At the beginning, I believe they are cheating, but now I am not sure if there is any possibility that if one uses training items, in the player performance view (end of match) we could also see boosted ratings. I don't think it is possible to use training items in weekend league, but i'm not sure of DR games.

Could you share some thoughts on it?

Comments

• Dijkstra
    8th opponent was in a row with boosted players. S/he even customizes a flashback Tevez 88 rated. Guys, need your input. Are they cheaters?
  • Dijkstra
    9th in a row. I’m in D3. It’s impossible to proceed to d2 d1 if all my opponents are cheaters. Feel frustrated. Probably it’s time to quit wasting time on pc
  • Dijkstra
    Just test it. Training items will not boost overall ratings. 9 games in a row, including 3 games from g1 to e3, 6 games in d3, all of my opponents are cheaters. Reported all of them but they are not worth my time (yes it takes time to do screenshots and write reports). Terrible experience.

I quit. Bye PC Bye cheaters.
  • greif44
    2189 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 8
    people say it`s a just a glitch - ratings are displayed taking into account chem style on the player. Happens on consoles too
  • hhoverflow
    79 posts Park Captain
    I think that's not cheating. If it was cheating, would be 99 and not 91, 92, 93.
    Also, as far as I know, most of the overall cheats are usually hidden, so you don't even know that you got cheated.

Regarding the defense, there is legacy defending cheat, but I guess very few people use it, especially because this game defends automatically for you. Add extra pressure on the defense and that's it.
  • Springveldt
    4428 posts National Call-Up
    If it's a regular gold card with a higher rating I think they are cheating but if it's a special card then I think the rating takes into account the chemistry style applied. EA messing things up as usual.

As for legacy defending, I think there is a cheat out there that lets you enable it for online games, I'm sure there are people using it in the WL as some of the guys I played are stuck to you like superglue and are constantly pulling and pushing you.
  • Dijkstra
    greif44 wrote: »
    people say it`s a just a glitch - ratings are displayed taking into account chem style on the player. Happens on consoles too

If this is a glitch, it is weird that it never applies to my players (I have a hybrid of special and non-special cards). In my observation, such ovr rating boosting is not applied to all players. It usually applied to full backs and forwards. Sometimes I could see 6/11 players are boosted, but sometimes only 2/11 are boosted (the boosted are two wingers).
  • Dijkstra
    hhoverflow wrote: »
    I think that's not cheating. If it was cheating, would be 99 and not 91, 92, 93.
    Also, as far as I know, most of the overall cheats are usually hidden, so you don't even know that you got cheated.

Regarding the defense, there is legacy defending cheat, but I guess very few people use it, especially because this game defends automatically for you. Add extra pressure on the defense and that's it.

It is possible that 99 could be boring for d2, d3 players with little challenges, and it's easier to be identified as cheaters. For defending, my feeling is my opponents applied constant pressure, but my observation is their players' stamina was always higher than my players' (I use balance in the latest matches). And yes, their defenders were like superglue with almost 100% tackle success rate, while my players' tackles with high chance (could be 50%) failed because of deflection.

• Dijkstra
    If it's a regular gold card with a higher rating I think they are cheating but if it's a special card then I think the rating takes into account the chemistry style applied. EA messing things up as usual.

As for legacy defending, I think there is a cheat out there that lets you enable it for online games, I'm sure there are people using it in the WL as some of the guys I played are stuck to you like superglue and are constantly pulling and pushing you.

For boosted players, some of them are special, but also some of them are regular gold. For defending, I share the same feeling: superglue, constant pressure with no stamina loss.
  • greif44
    Dijkstra wrote: »

If this is a glitch, it is weird that it never applies to my players (I have a hybrid of special and non-special cards). In my observation, such ovr rating boosting is not applied to all players. It usually applied to full backs and forwards. Sometimes I could see 6/11 players are boosted, but sometimes only 2/11 are boosted (the boosted are two wingers).

It applies even to GKs sometimes and yes, I`ve never seen it on my players. Someone from EA team posted that it`s a glitch and that it was addressed to dev team, no updates yet.

Btw are you Dijkstra_Floyd in game?
  • PDJEY
    1008 posts Professional
    I was told it was a chemistry style glitch that would occour with special cards.
    Also, cheaters are claming that you can't change the OV no more.
  • jajce111
    2768 posts Fans' Favourite

You cant see ratings on your own players , but your opponet can see bosted ratings of your speial cards. Go invite friend in friendly match and ask him if you dont believe it...
  • hhoverflow
    79 posts Park Captain

It is possible that 99 could be boring for d2, d3 players with little challenges, and it's easier to be identified as cheaters. For defending, my feeling is my opponents applied constant pressure, but my observation is their players' stamina was always higher than my players' (I use balance in the latest matches). And yes, their defenders were like superglue with almost 100% tackle success rate, while my players' tackles with high chance (could be 50%) failed because of deflection.

The constant pressure in the team settings is different that put the D-PAD down and then high pressure (left).

Do this and you will see that your team will win every ball. But you have to use in specific moments of the match. I turn on and off all the time.
  • Dijkstra
    jajce111 wrote: »

You cant see ratings on your own players , but your opponet can see bosted ratings of your speial cards. Go invite friend in friendly match and ask him if you dont believe it...

Just tested it. I think you are right. Thanks for pointing it out.
  • Dijkstra

The constant pressure in the team settings is different that put the D-PAD down and then high pressure (left).

Do this and you will see that your team will win every ball. But you have to use in specific moments of the match. I turn on and off all the time.

Thanks for sharing. The defense I played against was different from team press. Team press will not win every ball either. It just makes AI players more active in terms of cutting passing lines based on my observation.

The "weird" press I experienced lasted the whole 2nd half (probably 1st half also), but the players' stamina was OK and even more than my players' (I switched between balance and drop back) at around 90-th min. I used team press in some scenarios, but I never had this kind of advantage especially after patching. By the way, there were no icons or super players like CR7 in my opponent's team.

I am not saying it was 100% cheating. But for sure, I feel weird how one could make that happen based on my knowledge on Fifa 19. In last week, I had two cases as I mentioned. One in WL, the other in DR.
  • Dijkstra

It applies even to GKs sometimes and yes, I`ve never seen it on my players. Someone from EA team posted that it`s a glitch and that it was addressed to dev team, no updates yet.

Could be yes, could be no. Depends on why you asked :).
  • greif44

If the answer is yes, I played against you in Rivals and WL many times :)
  • Dijkstra

Are you the one bullying me 2:8 in WL? Have to add me friend (also delete the underscore).
  • greif44

Are you the one bullying me 2:8 in WL? Have to add me friend (also delete the underscore).

I do not recall scoring that many in WL :) sent you a request