Stupid formation keeps changing in game without me telling it to

fetchitfudge
480 posts An Exciting Prospect
Why does this happen and how can I stop it?

During matches my formation changes to a different one sometimes. I don't realise it's happened for a while and it costs me goals and matches, because all my players are suddenly out of position and playing rubbish. It takes a while to realise sometimes, but all of a sudden you see it's wrong when you pause it.

I can change it back in the pause menu easily enough, but why does it even happen at all?

Can I change it back to my intended formation in game if this happens without going back into the pause menu?

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • fetchitfudge
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    The D-Pad

This fifa the mentality settings (ultra defensive, defensive, attacking, ultra attacking) change to your pre-set custom formations in the tactics menu

If you're using these to try go more attacking or more defensive, you're actually changing your formation lol

Wut?

I don't use or understand any of the tactics pre-match as far as I'm aware... not meaning to anyway.

In game, I do swipe left and right sometimes to make it more attacking or more defensive, but this doesn't always result in a formation change at all... maybe it does and I don't realise it, but I really don't think it changes my formation every time I use it, because I use it all the time.

I use a 433 and often it stays 433 after I've swiped for more attacking or more defensive in game. However, sometimes for inexplicable reasons, my 433 will change to a 442 without telling me. Everyone is out of position and running slowly because of this change and suddenly my team is worse, or I concede goals...

Thanks for your comment. I might check out the tactics, though I haven't intentionally ever used them outside of playing matches...
  • trenraider
    42 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I keep having a issue with the pre set formations and tactics when i switch to defensive for some reason it switches my players out of position.

Lets say i have

Hazard LCAM Tevez CAM Stoich RCAM it will change the positions without me doing anything. Sometimes it will switch Hazard with a CDM.
  • fetchitfudge
    trenraider wrote: »
    I keep having a issue with the pre set formations and tactics when i switch to defensive for some reason it switches my players out of position.

Lets say i have

Hazard LCAM Tevez CAM Stoich RCAM it will change the positions without me doing anything. Sometimes it will switch Hazard with a CDM.

Sounds similar to me... for me though it changes the whole formation so everybody is out of position.... it doesn't stay in the same formation and change people about within that formation.
  • fetchitfudge

Lets say i have

I know that sometimes in game, you can tell your wingers to switch wings, so maybe if you have players on each side of the pitch they will swap sides, but the formation will stay the same when this happens and it's actually something you can control in a match.
  • trenraider

Lets say i have

I know that sometimes in game, you can tell your wingers to switch wings, so maybe if you have players on each side of the pitch they will swap sides, but the formation will stay the same when this happens and it's actually something you can control in a match.

The specific example of my issue is i start with a 4321 and switch to 4222 and i play Henry and Tevez upfront and for no apparent reason when i switch tactic from balanced to defensive in game Tevez or Henry switch for one of the wide CAMS.

I stopped using the pre set tactics and just pause the game.

I saw in one of the high level pro games it happened to him his right CAM switched IG with his CDM and he had to play the whole half of extra team with Dinho at CDM lol.
  • fetchitfudge

Lets say i have

The specific example of my issue is i start with a 4321 and switch to 4222 and i play Henry and Tevez upfront and for no apparent reason when i switch tactic from balanced to defensive in game Tevez or Henry switch for one of the wide CAMS.

I stopped using the pre set tactics and just pause the game.

I saw in one of the high level pro games it happened to him his right CAM switched IG with his CDM and he had to play the whole half of extra team with Dinho at CDM lol.

haha.

This stupid game!

I haven't had your problem happen to me I don't think...

I just want it to stop changing formation in game. It might be to do with tactics... I sort of had a look, but didn't look very hard, so I still don't really know. I thought that when you press the D-Pad to make it more attacking, it just made it more attacking, not that it started messing with your formation. If that's what it does, then I've done it countless times and only realised some of the time that it's messed up my formation. I might have just been making it harder for myself every time I pressed it without realising! :o (why aren't there more smileys to choose from? That one sort of works...)
  • RadioShaq
    19689 posts Moderator
    The dpad doesn’t change more attacking or more defensive like in past years. You have to go into squad management and set up a formation and settings for each move of the dpad.
  • fetchitfudge
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    The dpad doesn’t change more attacking or more defensive like in past years. You have to go into squad management and set up a formation and settings for each move of the dpad.

Oh...... ma...... God.

So I have probably just been making it harder for myself every time I press attacking or defensive on the D pad, because I haven't set up the stuff in squad settings.... excellent. They changed all the buttons and people like me are still thinking they do what they used to do.
  • trenraider
    RadioShaq wrote: »

Oh...... ma...... God.

So I have probably just been making it harder for myself every time I press attacking or defensive on the D pad, because I haven't set up the stuff in squad settings.... excellent. They changed all the buttons and people like me are still thinking they do what they used to do.

In the squad screen go to the game plans when you switch from attacking to defensive you can set new formations it basically means you dont have to hit pause and change formations.

If you change to super d you can have your formation set to 5atb or something ultra defensive. Its a good feature just the players switch for me randomly.