Getting the best players!?

Louie_Serene
43 posts Last Pick at the Park
edited January 7
I’ve been playing extensively for a few weeks now, ok its not a long time but I’ve managed to earn about 100k coins and 6-7 packs. Opened them all and got absolutely jack ****. No high rated players.

The teams I’m going up against though in division 8 rivals all have really rare card players. Yet I’m drawing with an 82 rated team most games. They are awful at the game most of them. So how on earth have they got such high rated cards!?

Whats the best way to get them? Trading? SBC’s? Obviously packs isn’t. Would just like some opinions for a new FUT player.

Comments

• Pieman25
    16236 posts World Class
    Have you unlocked the coin boosts from the catalogue?
  • Louie_Serene
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    Have you unlocked the coin boosts from the catalogue?

Yeah mate, I’ve still got a few more to go on a few higher levels. Just thinking is it worth doing the bronze pack method!? Making coins that way to buy players I want. I’ve got time spare to put into it but dont wanna be out of pocket. Seems like People get good profit from it.
  • TheFreshOne3
    1099 posts Professional
    This is my first fifa game. I think it kinda sucks that most people will only play it for less than a year then move on to fifa 20, open an absurd amount of packs but not get the team they want. All that time and effort and you might not even get icons or TOTY players or even be able to afford a end game team. Starting to wonder what the point in playing is 😂
  • AdamH
    881 posts Semi-Pro
    Are you taking coins or packs from your rivals rewards? In the early stage I suggest always taking coins until you build a competitive team.

I’ve been playing 2 weeks in div 6/5 and have a 250k team. This is using coin boosts, minimal trading and a few packs.

Stick at it!
  • Louie_Serene
    This is my first fifa game. I think it kinda sucks that most people will only play it for less than a year then move on to fifa 20, open an absurd amount of packs but not get the team they want. All that time and effort and you might not even get icons or TOTY players or even be able to afford a end game team. Starting to wonder what the point in playing is 😂

Exactly my thoughts as well. Like I only got the game just before Christmas and the new one will be out by Sept and I doubt I’ll ever have the likes of Messi, Pogba, Ronaldo etc in my squad or any icon either lol. Just seems a very unrealistic time frame. I have no idea how everyone else I play against seems to have icons and other expensive players. Ok I believe they should be earnt but at least make it possible instead of luck. Like how am i supposed to do an SBC for an icon if I have no icon to swap ffs 🤷🏻‍♂️😂
  • Louie_Serene
    AdamH wrote: »
    Are you taking coins or packs from your rivals rewards? In the early stage I suggest always taking coins until you build a competitive team.

I’ve been playing 2 weeks in div 6/5 and have a 250k team. This is using coin boosts, minimal trading and a few packs.

Stick at it!

ALWAYs take the coins mate. I dont trust the packs at all. Always pack terrible players that can be used in sbc or sold. I’ll just save up coins until I can at least get a half decent team. 1 million should do it
  • FijiBoy
    262 posts Sunday League Hero
    If you have built a good team go for packs. I have packed Messi, Ronaldo, DDG, Neuer, Varane, Bonucci, and some IFs over the weeks.
  • Louie_Serene
    FijiBoy wrote: »
    If you have built a good team go for packs. I have packed Messi, Ronaldo, DDG, Neuer, Varane, Bonucci, and some IFs over the weeks.

I’m still building my team. Once I’ve got one worth about 1 million I’ll spend coins on packs and see what happens. Slowly building though. By time im done the new fifa prob be out 😂😂
  • Luca0310
    608 posts Semi-Pro

I’m still building my team. Once I’ve got one worth about 1 million I’ll spend coins on packs and see what happens . Slowly building though. By time im done the new fifa prob be out 😂😂

No
  • sturges12345
    3006 posts National Call-Up
    You need to trade bro
  • TheFreshOne3
    1099 posts Professional

I’m still building my team. Once I’ve got one worth about 1 million I’ll spend coins on packs and see what happens. Slowly building though. By time im done the new fifa prob be out 😂😂

No +1000
  • TheFreshOne3
    1099 posts Professional
    edited January 8
  • Louie_Serene
    Thanks for the heads up!! I’m never buying packs with coins now lol. I’ll get into the trading and see if i can make profit by flipping bronze pack cards though. Least that way I’ll only spend a bit of coins and might be able to make a profit over time.

But for now I’ll just spend coins on building team. Just seems so stupid that it take so long to build a good team. By the time I’ve spent 1 million coins on a good team I reckon they’ll only be about 6 months until the next game is out lol. Makes me think whats the point in even playing FUT.
  • Johnnydp
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    all you need is some luck. i always gamble to take tradable packs from DR and SB rewards. if you take coins from rewards, you could build a decent team slowly but may find it hard to buy icons/top tier players. my pack luck has been ok so far, i got baby carlos, neymar, rtf James, godin, lukaku....so i can try some cheap icons. if i didnt pack carlos, i could never have the chance to include an icon player in my team....
  • Johnnydp
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    i spent 350000 coins to buy 7 rare player packs during november and the best player i got was 84 rated $###. lesson learnt. never buy packs....
  • Raider
    3565 posts National Call-Up
    Johnnydp wrote: »
    i spent 350000 coins to buy 7 rare player packs during november and the best player i got was 84 rated $###. lesson learnt. never buy packs....

unless you're a streamer getting paid to buy packs and surprisingly have more luck than a non streamer
  • mdizzl3
    12406 posts Has That Special Something
    Player prices really start plummeting from now on. If I were you I'd buy one star player and fit a cheap team around him.

Buy more star players a little later in the year when they are half the cost. Not ideal but at least you'll get some time with the better players.
  • Louie_Serene
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    Player prices really start plummeting from now on. If I were you I'd buy one star player and fit a cheap team around him.

Buy more star players a little later in the year when they are half the cost. Not ideal but at least you'll get some time with the better players.

Thanks for the input!! Yeah I’m just upgrading my team slowly, thats all I can do. What are the rewards like when competing in the weekend league?