I'm cured from FIFA. (vid inside)

DeMolay145
539 posts An Exciting Prospect
After 3 years of addiction I finally put a stop to it. But this is not a complain topic. Not a rage quit.

I stopped playing because of how addictive this FUT19 is. To me, its just so good I was skipping studies and playing other games (I really need to play AC: Odyssey, RDR2, Spider Man, etc).

FIFA isnt healthy at all. Its a game you cant just play casual and expect good things.

Discarded Rivaldo, Hazard POTM, etc.

I'm done, for good. I hope I encourage some people to do the same.

Comments

• xGeorgeSmithx
    6320 posts Big Money Move
    DeMolay145 wrote: »
    Its a game you cant just play casual and expect good things

Just like any other online game then.
  • A_Snipe
    2532 posts Fans' Favourite
    Its a game you cant just play casual and expect good things

Just like any other online game then.

I casually play cod. Few matches then done
  • BGAlum
    1447 posts Play-Off Hero
    Casually play GT Sport and enjoy it a great deal. Play it every day, just long enough to get the daily reward. Prep for the weekly races mostly and enjoy those. No more than 15 minutes most days.
  • BrieMine
    5703 posts Big Money Move
    😴
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16396 posts World Class
    Goodbye mate.
  • Galayn
    518 posts An Exciting Prospect
    you should have discarded your top players one by one - way more satisfying!

but seriously, if you felt it was too much of an addiction, well done mate!
  • Amdp9
    4884 posts Big Money Move
    awww
  • Crookieee123
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    After 3 years of addiction I finally put a stop to it. But this is not a complain topic. Not a rage quit.

I stopped playing because of how addictive this FUT19 is. To me, its just so good I was skipping studies and playing other games (I really need to play AC: Odyssey, RDR2, Spider Man, etc).

FIFA isnt healthy at all. Its a game you cant just play casual and expect good things.

Ignore any hate you get mate, if it's effecting your studies you made the correct decision 👍
  • JV24601
    1004 posts Professional
    Well done demolay.
    Tough thing to do and well done for the balls to do it.
    It's taken up far too much of my life in recent months and for zero return so I think I may follow suit.

I'm not disciplined enough to take a back seat unfortunately so I'd have to do something similar.
  • askperts
    448 posts Sunday League Hero
    Congrats and well done!! Lots of us who share your addiction but haven't found the motivation to quit are cheering for you. I hope you are able to make it stick!!
  • Pxul_
    9424 posts League Winner
    Could’ve hooked us up with selling your players at min ;)
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    I mean good if you look at it like a bad habit and quit because of that but should be able to just quit without deleting your club, might be in a better place after a break from the game down the road but each to their own I guess
  • askperts
    448 posts Sunday League Hero
    If you're truly addicted as the OP has suggested, deleting the club was the only chance he had of quitting. If the club is still there, too much temptation to give it another go.
  • M@nt!c
    3262 posts National Call-Up
    Strong one over here.
  • Dazzler
    2032 posts Fans' Favourite

Your be back they always are.
  • Theprogamerjay
    357 posts Sunday League Hero
    To start a dying game all over again 3+ months in?
    Dazzler wrote: »

• DeMolay145
    askperts wrote: »
    If you're truly addicted as the OP has suggested, deleting the club was the only chance he had of quitting. If the club is still there, too much temptation to give it another go.

yep, this.
    Dazzler wrote: »

this is why I deleted my club. No way Im starting over.

I may return to FIFA once its not developed by EA anymore. hahahaha
  • Only1United
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    No evidence on you having any top players at all. Probably another account with bronze team you deleted.
  • DeMolay145
    No evidence on you having any top players at all. Probably another account with bronze team you deleted.

say it again?

Also, if you were a bit smarter, you'd see I had about 1000 games in my record.
  • BGAlum
    1447 posts Play-Off Hero

Always someone to think the worst vice trying to see there positive...

Regardless, good on him making an adult decision and having his priorities in line.

There is nothing wrong with that in the least.

I need to follow suit myself for various reasons to just eliminate the FUT aspect of FIFA 19.

• Clancy
    8447 posts League Winner
    you tried super smash? I haven't played FUT in a few weeks, been on that smash grind and really enjoying it

nice to not have to pay attention to any news/market moves/events etc.

I can just pick up the controller and play the game. Super fun online, very competitive and good matchmaking IMO
  • DeMolay145
    Clancy wrote: »
    you tried super smash? I haven't played FUT in a few weeks, been on that smash grind and really enjoying it

nice to not have to pay attention to any news/market moves/events etc.

I can just pick up the controller and play the game. Super fun online, very competitive and good matchmaking IMO

Nope, I had a Switch but sold it to a friend. I'm playing PUBG, though. Cant even rage when you get 2nd place since its so much fun.

And yeah, not having to pay attention to market really takes a load off my shoulders.
  • gutman22
    684 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited January 2019
    I have a friend who did that and came back 2 weeks later.
  • Rippa
    1754 posts Play-Off Hero

i sometimes wish i could do that. i get it