Is Ballack end game?

FifaTaco
921 posts Semi-Pro
edited January 7
His card looks crazy, and for 1.6millon is his card an end game midfielder? Any reviews on him would be appreciated. The pack rewards from the sbc could be great for TOTY aswell. :wink:

Comments

• Shakkour
    180 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have him and would say that he’s really.good but not what i was expected from Him. I use him as CM and CDM during the game. Great passer best at def great header
    P.S.i can say he’s not game changer
  • sheffutd87
    2806 posts Fans' Favourite
    He’s not Gullit / Vieira so it depends on what your end game aspirations are.

He is however really good and I think he’ll be effective all game. So not elite tier end game but second tier end game.
  • Shakkour
    sheffutd87 wrote: »

He is however really good and I think he’ll be effective all game. So not elite tier end game but second tier end game.
    No one is like Gullit.not even near him
    If u have coins. Save them for Gullit

• Foxsake
    1752 posts Play-Off Hero
    Summed up very well
    El_Nino wrote: »
    End game always seems a stupid term to me, if your someone capable of trading coupled with 200k a week in rewards then realistically only Gullit/Viera and co are end game, if you know you won’t be able to ever get past 2/3 million then the likes of NIF Pogba/Kante could be end game.

Regardless to answer your question the best I can, Ballack is phenomenal and I’m sure will still hold his own come TOTS

• FifaTaco
    921 posts Semi-Pro
    End game always seems a stupid term to me, if your someone capable of trading coupled with 200k a week in rewards then realistically only Gullit/Viera and co are end game, if you know you won’t be able to ever get past 2/3 million then the likes of NIF Pogba/Kante could be end game.

Regardless to answer your question the best I can, Ballack is phenomenal and I’m sure will still hold his own come TOTS

Thanks this is really in depth. My team is currently worth 3.5 million and I can gain 100k per week with ease. Was looking at gullit and seedorf earlier, I’ll see what comes during TOTY and make a decision.
  • Jacques89
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Really interested to know how he compares to baby vieira if anyone has used both for a decent amount of games ?
  • FifaTaco
    921 posts Semi-Pro
    Jacques89 wrote: »
    Really interested to know how he compares to baby vieira if anyone has used both for a decent amount of games ?

I second this.
  • Scaenor
    631 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Shakkour wrote: »

Only 2 players have potential either uel kondog or SMS if they win europa
  • El_Nino
    1715 posts Play-Off Hero
    FifaTaco wrote: »

Thanks this is really in depth. My team is currently worth 3.5 million and I can gain 100k per week with ease. Was looking at gullit and seedorf earlier, I’ll see what comes during TOTY and make a decision.
    I think for your coins Gullit is too much, if we low ball then you should be around 6 million by the end, ofc the best way to spend that is with TOTS but you hardly get to play with them.
    I’d say for your coins Ballack is a good option, I’ve got Raul/Ballack primes untradebale and I don’t regret it one bit, both two of the very best cards I’ve used all year and I know both will compete with TOTS.

Also I’ve used Baby Viera who is great however lacks what Ballack provides going forward, the only issue with Ballack is a lack of agility, for me not an issue as he’s a CDM that bombs forward I’m not expecting Iniesta, but if your wanting someone to dribble intricately with he ain’t your man

• FifaTaco
    921 posts Semi-Pro

I think for your coins Gullit is too much, if we low ball then you should be around 6 million by the end, ofc the best way to spend that is with TOTS but you hardly get to play with them.
    I’d say for your coins Ballack is a good option, I’ve got Raul/Ballack primes untradebale and I don’t regret it one bit, both two of the very best cards I’ve used all year and I know both will compete with TOTS.

Also I’ve used Baby Viera who is great however lacks what Ballack provides going forward, the only issue with Ballack is a lack of agility, for me not an issue as he’s a CDM that bombs forward I’m not expecting Iniesta, but if your wanting someone to dribble intricately with he ain’t your man
    This makes me happy. I’m going to play him as a defensive cm that can bomb forward and be that sort of tank player. If my investments pull off I should be almost able to hit baby gullit anyway.
  • Shakkour
    Scaenor wrote: »

I have SMS. He’s greaaaaaaat. But my problem that he has no place on my team for now. I use hyb team between spain end germany and have ballack

• KinggHuss
    1893 posts Play-Off Hero

basically
  • El_Nino
    1715 posts Play-Off Hero

This makes me happy. I’m going to play him as a defensive cm that can bomb forward and be that sort of tank player. If my investments pull off I should be almost able to hit baby gullit anyway.
    Yeah I don’t doubt you could get Gullit but the baby card isn’t on the same planet as the others and the others would be your entire budget, not worth it imo.
    And if that’s what you want then Ballack is your man tbf, couldn’t think of a better word for him then tank

• FifaTaco
    921 posts Semi-Pro

Yeah I don’t doubt you could get Gullit but the baby card isn’t on the same planet as the others and the others would be your entire budget, not worth it imo.
    And if that’s what you want then Ballack is your man tbf, couldn’t think of a better word for him then tank

Great I think he’ll be a nice upgrade :smile:
  • bullettoot
    576 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I used Ballack and loved him. Couldn’t justify the 2.1m price tag then. But for 1.6 I think he is a steal. Currently using prime Gerrard still not decided on him for sure Ballack is better.
  • holdenwait
    52905 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    He's fantastic , total panzer. Amazing ball winner, passer, header, shooter with good pace and engine.
  • sheffutd87
    2806 posts Fans' Favourite

They won’t even come close, not a chance. 95 TOTS SMS wasn’t even fit to lace Gullits boots in 18.

Gullit is unique, the best.
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    Good CDM. When he drops to around the 1.5 mil mark i'd say he's worth it.

Not the biggest game changer but still decent. I had the prime but i couldn't justify 2mil for him so i passed him up and upgraded somewhere else. Definitely a tier below gullit and vieira
  • FifaTaco
    921 posts Semi-Pro
    Stkyfngz wrote: »
    Good CDM. When he drops to around the 1.5 mil mark i'd say he's worth it.

Not the biggest game changer but still decent. I had the prime but i couldn't justify 2mil for him so i passed him up and upgraded somewhere else. Definitely a tier below gullit and vieira

I can do his sbc for around 900k if I trade in rivaldo, not sure if it’s worth it to do that though...
  • Derryboy
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero

Neither have the 5*wf
  • gizzzzy
    232 posts Sunday League Hero
    Derryboy wrote: »

Neither have the 5*wf

Kondogbia has a 2*wf even., he will never be close to Gullit... Kondogbia rtff is awsome tho!
  • regia5bg
    635 posts An Exciting Prospect
    His card looks crazy, and for 1.6millon is his card an end game midfielder? Any reviews on him would be appreciated. The pack rewards from the sbc could be great for TOTY aswell. :wink:

I just did his SBC (doing Rui Costa SBC to use him as Icon there).

I still have a tons of packs to open, and just 50k on my account, but I hope Ballack will be a real update.

Pretty sure that if/when other Icon SBC for that position will drop they'll be more expensive.

I could just regret it in case there'll be some other Icon SBC soon, as I won't have the money to complete it.
  • Gainzy
    827 posts Semi-Pro
    I did Ballack, he’s a good player, but I wouldn’t stick him in that top bracket of gullit / Vieira who I had for 4 months in F18. For the coins he’s worth it in my opinion. Not many other players around that price bracket that are as good or better, IF poggers the exception.
  • M@nt!c
    3262 posts National Call-Up
    Did him last night and i can say that he really is an upgrade for any team who doesnt have Gullit/Vieira in the midd. Hes tall, passes like a boss, you notice him in your team so hes worth the 1.5mill with the packs you get
  • Master Fee
    71 posts Park Captain
    Gainzy wrote: »
    I did Ballack, he’s a good player, but I wouldn’t stick him in that top bracket of gullit / Vieira who I had for 4 months in F18. For the coins he’s worth it in my opinion. Not many other players around that price bracket that are as good or better, IF poggers the exception.

This is the perfect answer IMO. I had Prime Gullit for a couple months last year. He was incredible but for his price relative to my spending capacity AND chem requirements, I could only justifiably play him at CCAM of 4231. That price plus his amazing presence would've made it a waste for me to play at CDM.

Never used Vieira, but the stats, specs, and reviews speak for themselves. He's simply a tier above everyone at CDM, including Ballack.

Ballack is about 1-2in shorter than these two and isn't as mobile, but I'd say hes the next best all-around CDM in the game. Pogba might provide the physical presence and offensive ability + 5* skills, but his workrates aren't favorable and it would take a massive upgrade to get his defensive abilities up to par. Kante is the better destroyer, but his lack in size and offensive ability is keeping him out of pro teams at the moment. Come tomorrow when we see his TOTY card, surely this will be a different story. Fabinho has similar height, M/M workrates which isn't bad, and better defensive stats. I've only used him a couple games and am now partnering him with Ballack. He appears to be the EA beast of the year so I'm sure there are a lot of people out there not caring about Ballack because of the efficiency of this card.
  • BiigDee
    4322 posts National Call-Up
    End game for me as I’ll never get Gullit or Viera. He does it all for me now I’ve got used to him. Would like him to get forward a bit more mind you but I’ll keep it as is.
  • he is end game until you can afford prime gullit/vieira right now or do their sbc in future with vieira sbc likely being 3 million and gullit being over 4 million.
  • Nic_Cage_in_Con_Air
    853 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 8
    Of course, unless you're gunning for Prime Vieira (who'll be nearly twice as expensive) & Prime Gullit. But there's no telling when EA will drop them.