Cup is closed???

Why the cup matches are closed today? Sunday the 5th of Jan. 2019.

Yesterday was open...

Comments

• Im wondering the same thing. I really look forward to these. I liked it even more when they were open every day last year. Never had to deal with ending a video game in a draw when I’m just trying to have fun and want that win! But ok, it went back to every other weekend again this year. But this was the weekend we were suppose to get it again. Worked yesterday as usual, but today closed again and says it will open again in 5 days?
  • mmm1080
    64 posts Park Captain
    Yes why?
  • blue166
    602 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Closed yet opens in 5 days. What on earth is going on?

I had a cup mode on the go and now can't finish it...

:(

@EA_Andy
  • It looks like the Seasons cup window has been shortened to Friday and Saturdays with returning every weekend. So instead of opening daily cups we are losing one day each weekend but gaining cups every weekend. Makes no sense

OPEN SEASONS CUP DAILY

I wish the mods would respond or acknowledge the issues with seasons cup.
  • @EA_Andy please respond and explain why we can’t have daily seasons cup like FIFA 18
  • blue166
    Yes daily Seasons Cup matches is what we the community would like.

Please...

@EA_Andy
  • EA_Andy
    2496 posts EA Community Manager
    Will pass this feedback on and try and find out if this change is intended.
  • blue166
    Be nice to know for sure what is happening with Cup Mode.
  • @EA_Andy thank you for the response! Pass on the word opening cups daily is the consensus for what players would prefer. Not sure why the change, pretty sure it was a hit in Fifa18
  • blue166
    This isnt the first time either the mode has been messed around with. Its frustrating as Cup Mode players would prefer it open daily and reset daily.

Thanks @EA_Andy
  • Penso che togliere la coppa alla domenica sia una mancanza di rispetto x chi come noi ultra maggiorenni che lavorano dal lunedì al venerdì gli si tolga un un momento di svago e ritrovo x passare qualche ora tutti insieme a giocare a fifa 19 ridendo e scherzando anche quando si perde. Non giocando più alla domenica ci togliete un qualcosa che per noi è più di un ritrovo. Ci togliete il fatto che dentro ognuno di noi piace rimanere giovani. TRENO77SV
  • I think that removing the cup on Sunday is a disrespect for those who, like us, adults who work from Monday to Friday take a moment of leisure and meet for a few hours all together to play fifa 19 laughing and joking even when gets lost. No more playing on Sunday you take away something that is more than a meeting for us. You take away from us the fact that we all like to stay young. TRENO77SV
  • I think that, like many others, we work all day on Friday. Saturday who and who is not and Sunday is the only day we are all present (late in the afternoon) to find us and play fifa19. removing the cup on Sunday seems to me an absurd thing because as we think we are a good number of players waiting for this day to enjoy a bit of friendship
  • Mck76
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited January 9
    please open the cup every week (Friday to Sunday)
  • tarheels_forever
    424 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mck76 wrote: »
    please open the cup every week (Friday to Sunday)

i think that would be best option.
  • Mck76
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited January 14
    Why cup will open in 11 days?
  • rfdsantos
    6 posts Ball Boy
    edited January 14
    EA has returned to the cup for 11 days ... The EA we want the cup to open daily. Please !!!
    Post edited by rfdsantos on
  • blue166
    edited January 14
    What on earth is going on with Cup Mode. Opens one week and closes 1 day early. Then says opens in 5 days. It does and lasts the whole weekend. And now back to 11 days again.

This is just all over the place.

We have been requesting that this mode be open daily with a midnight reset or whatever for the next day.

Why is this so difficult for EA to do. Stop limiting us with a game mode we would like to play more than every fortnight.

Thanks

@EA_Andy
  • @EA_Andy can you provide an update or give us any information as to why cup mode cannot be opened daily like in FIFA18?

I mean they clearly have the ability to edit the feature so why was daily cup added to Fifa18 and then never considered for 19
  • blue166
    @EA_Andy can you provide an update or give us any information as to why cup mode cannot be opened daily like in FIFA18?

I mean they clearly have the ability to edit the feature so why was daily cup added to Fifa18 and then never considered for 19

Did it effect the FUT player base? LOL - Thats one reason they might have changed it back.

But seriously, It should be opened daily. We also purchase this game and should have a say. Believe it or not EA its not all about FUT. As I have said many times FUT doesn't interest me or some other players so we should be catered for too.
  • EA_Andy
    2496 posts EA Community Manager
    I've reached out to some people about this again to see if we can find out what's going on. Apologies I've not had anything for you so far.
  • blue166
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    I've reached out to some people about this again to see if we can find out what's going on. Apologies I've not had anything for you so far.

@EA_Andy

Many thanks for replying.

Lets hope that this can be opened daily for us Seasons players.
  • EA_Andy wrote: »

Don’t get us wrong, the communication is something EA desperately needs and you’re providing it so we thank you. It just seems so asinine to not have daily cup open. I honestly don’t play this game anymore unless it’s cup season or I’m playing co op season and even that is rare. I’d love to play FIFA daily but with the glitches in seasons and the lack of having a daily cup mode I’m questioning whether I’ll be buying a copy next year.
  • blue166
    EA_Andy wrote: »

Don’t get us wrong, the communication is something EA desperately needs and you’re providing it so we thank you. It just seems so asinine to not have daily cup open. I honestly don’t play this game anymore unless it’s cup season or I’m playing co op season and even that is rare. I’d love to play FIFA daily but with the glitches in seasons and the lack of having a daily cup mode I’m questioning whether I’ll be buying a copy next year.

Agreed.
  • blue166
    @EA_Andy

Anything on this yet mate?
  • blue166
    blue166 wrote: »
    @EA_Andy

Anything on this yet mate?

Wee bump @EA_Andy
  • blue166