How to win at this game...

CaptainDan-
691 posts Semi-Pro
edited January 5
When attacking, pass ball around until you get a timed finesse angle. Spam timed finesse until goal. If one Vs one, drag back and work that sweet timed finesse angle. Don't worry about power shots, they are not required.

When defending, just keep dropping deep until one of your defenders intercepts the ball. If opponent is a good player (finesse worker) try to block as they get angle. If you can't get there with defender in time, move goalkeeper. Do not tackle, it doesn't do anything.

This is not a football game.

Edit: Extra money saving tip: You can do all of this optimally with ANY players, so save your money and don't buy a better team. It will not help out progress further.

Comments

• AurioDK
    36 posts Park Captain
    edited January 5
    Yeah, lost 4-0 to a guy that could do those. I had like 20 shots inside the area, miraculous saves, hit the bar several times and whatnot ... he had 4 shots. Neuer looked like he was never a keeper to begin with.
  • Mutu10gol
    2477 posts Fans' Favourite
    correct.......d ont worry we have so many special cards....toty.....who cares about the gameplay,servers,,delay....is not like this is a football game...is more like soccer...
  • Don't get me wrong I'm good at this game, I get elite every week, just trying to help people who mistakenly think it's a football game and try to play football.
  • Diggy
    13618 posts Has That Special Something
    I am a football purist & will continue to play football win or lose I will never be a META slave
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    2969 posts National Call-Up
    Be good. Don't be bad.
  • Diggy wrote: »
    I am a football purist & will continue to play football win or lose I will never be a META slave

But it isn't a football game mate think you've bought the wrong thing this is pinball on grass
  • Paquetesousa
    2059 posts Fans' Favourite
    Diggy wrote: »

Right on! Too many "win at any cost " sheep
  • CaptainDan-
    691 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 5

Right on! Too many "win at any cost " sheep

Don't hate the player hate the game. In real football there is not optimal strategy like in this garbage pinball game.
  • Aguy9916
    593 posts An Exciting Prospect

This attitude is what's needed to make this game good again... I refuse to even try to play the way the majority do.
    I have fun in 50 percent of the games, in others I just get hammered to mechanics abuse but I just quit and play another. Stuck in D5 forever but at least I have some fun games now and then.