Champions league group stage table should be fixed

I have a career mode with UD Las Palmas, first season got promotion, second season almost win the league ending second to real, that meant that on third season we are playing champions league. We draw at the group stage with dortmund, chelsea and anderlecht, a tough group for a 4 star team. We lost both matches against dortmund but won both times against chelsea and also won home and away against anderlecht. This lead to my team finishing with 12 points, tied with both chelsea and dortmund which also had 12 points. So i looked at the group table and the final positions are chelsea first, dortmund second and we ended up third. It didn't make sense to me, why was chelsea first, i looked at the goal difference, chelsea had 0 gd while dortmund and las palmas(me) had +5 gd, so this wasn't making sense. I've decided to look how uefa decided when teams were tied on points, so they have a criterion were they take on count head-to-head matches and other stuff, which you can see on their official page. After that i've decided to use a simulator which had this criterion to see how the group should've ended. And the position were Dortmund first, Las Palmas 2nd and on the 3rd place Chelsea.
This were the match results at the end of the group stage.
tumblr_pkuk2vIpwd1xnt0kpo1_640.jpg
That were the positions that we ended at.
tumblr_pkuk2vIpwd1xnt0kpo3_1280.jpg
And this should be the positions that we should've ended with. The simulator didn't let me change the team names but i've used a random group of the real champions league and took club like AEK as Las Palmas, Ajax as Dortmund, Bayern as Chelsea and Benfica as Anderlecht.
tumblr_pkuk2vIpwd1xnt0kpo2_1280.jpg
I don't know why ea does that because i remember even at the last match the commentator said at the start of the match that if we secure a win we were at the knockout stages, and even at the end of the last match against anderlecht repeated that we were on the knockout stages as we won the last match.
I believe ea are not following uefa criterion as shown above my team and dortmund should be on the knockout stages not chelsea which should go to the europa league. It seems like the criterion they are using when there is a tie is that the team with the better overall goes on the first position and so on.
EA you should fix this and also the growth system as you broke it on your last update, and my young players seem to not develop at all, but this problem is really annoying as i fought until the last match to find that you don't know how to solve that tie.

Comments

• Cooler08
    580 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited January 5
    It seems like the criterion they are using when there is a tie is that the team with the better overall goes on the first position and so on.

Do you mean better overall goal difference is the criterion they are using? Your screenshot shows that your goal difference is +5 better than Chelsea's so goal difference can't be the criteria EA are using if two teams finish the group on the same points.
  • Cooler08 wrote: »
    It seems like the criterion they are using when there is a tie is that the team with the better overall goes on the first position and so on.

Do you mean better overall goal difference is the criterion they are using? Your screenshot shows that your goal difference is +5 better than Chelsea's so goal difference can't be the criteria EA are using if two teams finish the group on the same points.

I meant better overall rating as their squad is better than mine and dortmund, but i understand your point i looked at the goal diferrence too. In champions league apparently if two teams have the same points you look at the matches in between each other and then they look at goal difference. Which as the photo at the end from the simulator would be the actual result of the group.
  • L4r14m
    63 posts Park Captain
    I’ve also wondered about similar issues. Seems like a fairly big and nasty bug, actually. (Should be easy to fix, though.)
  • Got the same issue today. Seriously this is the most ridiculous error I could ever imagine. How could EA paid so much for the champions league brand without even inputting the correct group stage relegation rules?
  • EyeHamJuan
    56 posts Park Captain
    "Teams were ranked according to points (3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss), and if tied on points, the following tiebreaking criteria were applied, in the order given, to determine the rankings (Regulations Articles 17.01):[2]

Points in head-to-head matches among tied teams;"

This is the number 1 tie break. Not GD.

Your two losses to Dortmund kept you out. Simple.

But... They should really keep a standard across the soccer world. Oh well. Now you know.
  • EyeHamJuan
    56 posts Park Captain
    edited February 13
    In your second example. You have Bayern losing twice to AEK. That keeps them out of the playoff.

Lock topic please.

Issue solved.

You even say in your post the tie break criterion is head to head.
  • EyeHamJuan
    56 posts Park Captain
    All of the tiebreakers after game points.

Tiebreakers
    Teams were ranked according to points (3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss), and if tied on points, the following tiebreaking criteria were applied, in the order given, to determine the rankings (Regulations Articles 17.01):[2]

1. Points in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
    2. Goal difference in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
    3. Goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
    4. Away goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
    5. If more than two teams were tied, and after applying all head-to-head criteria above, a subset of teams were still tied, all head-to-head criteria above was reapplied exclusively to this subset of teams;
    6. Goal difference in all group matches;
    7. Goals scored in all group matches;
    8. Away goals scored in all group matches;
    9. Wins in all group matches;
    10. Away wins in all group matches;
    11. Disciplinary points (red card = 3 points, yellow card = 1 point, expulsion for two yellow cards in one match = 3 points);
    12. UEFA club coefficient.