Upgraded my defense, being torn apart worse...

Juked By Neymar
3437 posts National Call-Up
Started off a nice 4-0 this WL last night before losing my first 6 today and my defense is getting torn to shreds.

Through balls especially I can't handle. Can't find a width that handles people getting in behind either down the line or through the middle. Played around a little with the depth as well but it's been a mess today.

Current back line is Alba - Azpi - SIF VVD - IF Arnold

Open to suggestions if anyone has them

Comments

• SC_Nankatsu_Mr_Vu
    325 posts Sunday League Hero
    what‘s ur budget? walker for IF arnold and also u should replace Azpi imo
  • Fifaplayer90
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I have fb alves he’s a rock rttf kimbempe is just a beast if marquinious and rttf telles I don’t concede much tbh they are solid
  • Juked By Neymar

I've got around 650k just sitting around for use right now so I could grab Walker but he'd be off chem, just been using Arnold as he's a WL untradable. Azpi as well would be off chem, been trying to figure out how to work everyone in, here's what I've got right now

@SC_Nankatsu_Mr_Vu

IF Suarez - Messi
    Coutinho - Fred - Pogba - UCL Dembele
    Alba - Azpi - SIF VVD - IF Arnold
    Alisson
  • Juked By Neymar
    I have fb alves he’s a rock rttf kimbempe is just a beast if marquinious and rttf telles I don’t concede much tbh they are solid

can't do much about alves lol
    who do you use in net with those CB's, never liked any of the GK's in that league
  • Lackosweat
    5272 posts Big Money Move
    Ramos in for Dave.
  • JordVorenholt
    434 posts Sunday League Hero
    Perhaps a different formation with 3 or 5 at the back?
  • Manutelli
    18186 posts World Class
    Alba is crap and so is Dave. Get in some proper players.
  • Juked By Neymar
    Manutelli wrote: »
    Alba is crap and so is Dave. Get in some proper players.

any suggestions for how to fit them in lol cause I'm struggling to figure it out
  • Juked By Neymar
    Lackosweat wrote: »
    Ramos in for Dave.

Worth it even off chem?
  • Fifaplayer90
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park

can't do much about alves lol
    who do you use in net with those CB's, never liked any of the GK's in that league

If lopes pal he’s a tank I then have prime ballack as. a cdm 4-1-2-1-2 narrow I hardly concede tbh
  • Juked By Neymar

Was just looking briefly at this possibility..maybe
  • Recoba
    3424 posts National Call-Up
    Sandro Ramos Varane Lala
  • GeorgeGervin
    1511 posts Play-Off Hero
    What I am running in my two teams - swap every game for fitness - they're pretty equal squads so don't really have a main:

Sandro - RTTF Kimpembe - Futmas Thiago Silva - FB Dani Alves

UCL Alonso - OTW Sokratis - UCL Alderwiereld - Walker

I find them all solid - went with OTW Sokratis over VVD - Im sure VVD is better and should probably replace 86 Alderwiereld with him but I haven't got around to it.

Just a couple ideas for a rebuild!
  • GeorgeGervin
    1511 posts Play-Off Hero
    I would like to try:

Sandro - IF Marquinhos - Thiago Silva - TIF Lala

Would be solid at the back with easy links to midfield and wings
  • Juked By Neymar
    y'all really like these Ligue 1 CB's huh? I've never liked them in past years but never tried them this year
  • GeorgeGervin
    1511 posts Play-Off Hero
    y'all really like these Ligue 1 CB's huh? I've never liked them in past years but never tried them this year

All the big leagues have some great CB combo options this year. Lots of hybrids are workable. I should try some others. Just sticking to what I am used to atm.
  • Sm0key_J0e
    360 posts Sunday League Hero
    It all depends on your budget.
    I am using mainly la liga defenders with the two following setups:

ALBA TOT - UMTITI - PIQUE RTF - ALVES FB

MARCELO - GIMENEZ CL - GODIN CL - CARVAJAL TOW

With these I have Courtois with Shield chemistry who works great with thiis setup.
  • Aspral
    3378 posts National Call-Up
    Alves never stays back and neither does Alba. Azpi is small.

Davi Sanchez and VVD as a pairing is pretty OP
  • Italionstallion91
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    I put Ramos and varane and haven't had issues since.
  • Juked By Neymar
    Aspral wrote: »
    Alves never stays back and neither does Alba. Azpi is small.

Davi Sanchez and VVD as a pairing is pretty OP

Davi Sanchez just doesn't fit for chem, he'd be 6 as would Fred/Alba otherwise I would :\
  • Noob_FC
    3148 posts National Call-Up

Replace Azpi and Arnold... Azpi is too short... And Arnold is too weak
  • Juked By Neymar
    Noob_FC wrote: »

Replace Azpi and Arnold... Azpi is too short... And Arnold is too weak

any suggestions? Bailly and Semedo are the only ones that fit on full chemistry for everyone right now..
  • Cheesyballs1970
    606 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Im using RTTF Luis Ramos RTTF Nacho and Flashback Juanfran GK Coutois

Team 2 RTTF Alonso RTTF Mathieu (chem) Prime Campbell and RTTF Auriel GK Lloris
  • Crysister
    798 posts Semi-Pro
    Whatever you do, you'll still loose...
  • Juked By Neymar
    Crysister wrote: »
    Whatever you do, you'll still loose...

Yea, but I'd prefer to lose a bit less :lol:
  • Free12345
    216 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Started off a nice 4-0 this WL last night before losing my first 6 today and my defense is getting torn to shreds.

Through balls especially I can't handle. Can't find a width that handles people getting in behind either down the line or through the middle. Played around a little with the depth as well but it's been a mess today.

Current back line is Alba - Azpi - SIF VVD - IF Arnold

Open to suggestions if anyone has them

All your defender don't have "high" defensive work rates.
  • Free12345
    216 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Your width has to be 6 width because like everyone play 4231. You play too narrow and you wrecked on the wings
  • CtldChaos
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 6

I am going to 2nd this idea. I have played a 5 ATB with Azpi in the Middle CB with aggressive interceptions. He acts just like a CDM there and will move in front of the strikers to get those "out balls". The 5 in the back are your D in a solid line. The other 5 make offensive 5-3-2 is unexpectedly good.

Try this back line.....

Marcelo (will link with Fred) or Alba, Ramos, Azpi, VVD or Sanchez (maybe Bailly for Chem reasons), Valencia
    You can use De Gea in Goal on full chem.

Not sure how the chem on your attackers would look with this, but you can use a 5221 and get (I think) everyone on full chem with that back line.

• Juked By Neymar
    CtldChaos wrote: »

I am going to 2nd this idea. I have played a 5 ATB with Azpi in the Middle CB with aggressive interceptions. He acts just like a CDM there and will move in front of the strikers to get those "out balls". The 5 in the back are your D in a solid line. The other 5 make offensive 5-3-2 is unexpectedly good.

Try this back line.....

Marcelo (will link with Fred) or Alba, Ramos, Azpi, VVD or Sanchez (maybe Bailly for Chem reasons), Valencia

Not sure how the chem on your attackers would look with this, but you can use a 5221 and get (I think) everyone on full chem with that back line.

Pogba has been awful for me and I plan to sell him so I can get rid of fred aswell which gives me a bit more flexibility

You prefer the 532 or the 5-2-1-2?
  • CtldChaos
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 6
    CtldChaos wrote: »

Try this back line.....

Pogba has been awful for me and I plan to sell him so I can get rid of fred aswell which gives me a bit more flexibility

You prefer the 532 or the 5-2-1-2?

I am the one in the other thread telling you to keep Pogba and keep at him. I prefer the 532. In this formation put Pogba as the central CM. From there I think you will see why most people find it hard to get rid of him. For the 3 CMs, get ones with balance, not all attack or all D. If you must, get 1 B2B (like Pogba), one defensive (like Kante) and one attacking (like Eriksen or KDB). You want balance in the Midfield. For the attackers, go to town, whatever works for you. Alli I have found as a solid choice, 87 Firmino is surprisingly good as a CM. If I was rebuilding a 532 PL, I would look at Pogba, 87 Firmino, and Eriksen (a bit better on D than KDB). Drop Aguero and Auba as STs. If you cannot score with that 5, I do not think we can help....

For the backline, LB of your choice, VVD, Azpi, Sanchez, Valencia or Walker.