EA's ignorance & arrogance regarding offline modes

NinthFall
13 posts Last Pick at the Park
edited January 4
I'm actually furious about this company. They bought as many lisences as they could get to kill off competition from other developers in the market and in return offer nothing to the players.

Their greed has never before been highlighted as much as this year. They released an update to supposedly fix connectivity issues with FUT and the very same update entirely messed up the offline modes with the -1 bug. It's been a month now and today I asked what they plan to do about the bugs and the answer was that there are no updates regarding the bugs. But as soon as FUT has an issue they work to fix it instantly. Argh!! So peeping annoying.

I'm soooooo disgusted with this company. So damn disappointing. Greedy, arrogant, ignorant piece of garbage company.

Do they genuinly not realize that career mode for instance is literally unplayable? We cannot play the game we bought! What kind of a game developers blatantly ignores a bug like this? Seriously. Ridiculous.

Comments

• tstuber
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Feel your pain! Take a break and play the greedy EA company as pacman and get most cash of your customers. And escape from your community and from bugs.
  • It seems to me that EA is forgetting about us the loyal customers that have been playing since forever. In my case I have played fifa religiously since 1999 and always been one of these guys that buys the game within 15 days of its release date.

I understand the shift in the gaming world as everything tend to evolve or devolve with time, however, we the career mode players have been less and less attended to. Many things have improve over the years but it seems like many features that made the game enjoyable and given the fact that the then technology was not as advanced as today. I truly feel like the guys at EA are just trying to please more their shareholders than the actual customers.

EA needs to understand that many markets that were irrelevant are becoming more relevant than before as most of the world is being connected to the internet. My point is that in Africa and middle east region, many players play fifa religiously and as the connectivity situation is being improved, it can have a backlash on EA customers loyalty by the time they realize that their lack of improvement of the offline mode will lose them many customers.

If Fifa is not catering to their consumers in the first world. They are potentially losing loyalty that they are unaware of in the emerging markets.

Conclusion: *FIX CAREER MODE AND OFFLINE MODES*
  • Alex_cr
    3424 posts National Call-Up
    It seems to me that EA is forgetting about us the loyal customers that have been playing since forever. In my case I have played fifa religiously since 1999 and always been one of these guys that buys the game within 15 days of its release date.

I understand the shift in the gaming world as everything tend to evolve or devolve with time, however, we the career mode players have been less and less attended to. Many things have improve over the years but it seems like many features that made the game enjoyable and given the fact that the then technology was not as advanced as today. I truly feel like the guys at EA are just trying to please more their shareholders than the actual customers.

EA needs to understand that many markets that were irrelevant are becoming more relevant than before as most of the world is being connected to the internet. My point is that in Africa and middle east region, many players play fifa religiously and as the connectivity situation is being improved, it can have a backlash on EA customers loyalty by the time they realize that their lack of improvement of the offline mode will lose them many customers.

If Fifa is not catering to their consumers in the first world. They are potentially losing loyalty that they are unaware of in the emerging markets.

It’s pretty simple. Less and less is invested in offline modes because less and less play offline. I couldn’t even tell you the last time I played on offline mode.

I get that obviously you do and obviously others. But you cater to the majority of your market.
  • TeamExtreme17
    1362 posts Professional
    What pisses me off more is they dont even fix the hundreds of bugs we report in Career Mode!! Never mind add new features!!
  • RexAnglo1066
    193 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited January 5
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    It seems to me that EA is forgetting about us the loyal customers that have been playing since forever. In my case I have played fifa religiously since 1999 and always been one of these guys that buys the game within 15 days of its release date.

It’s pretty simple. Less and less is invested in offline modes because less and less play offline. I couldn’t even tell you the last time I played on offline mode.

I get that obviously you do and obviously others. But you cater to the majority of your market.

It's not so much you or I, or anyone, choosing to play offline; most games simply don't offer that option anymore.

There's a need to force it on us; which has largely arisen because of increasing incidents of a rushed development or from greedy publishers pushing out half finished games that then require umpteen patches to get right.

That's why they force games to be online most of the time.
  • Alex_cr wrote: »

People don't play it anymore because it's literally lazy copy and paste from previous games
  • Tubbs76
    447 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Online is broken too, not just off-line
  • Alex_cr

It's not so much you or I, or anyone, choosing to play offline; most games simply don't offer that option anymore.

There's a need to force it on us; which has largely arisen because of increasing incidents of a rushed development or from greedy publishers pushing out half finished games that then require umpteen patches to get right.

No, games are online because that’s what the user wants in a competitive game.
  • Gazbell76
    291 posts Sunday League Hero

Speak for yourself mate Can't stand online games its a boring grind . Playing same teams and players every week is boring and the fact its p2w .
  • NinthFall
    13 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited January 8
    I play both, Online and offline, but since the -1 bug I stopped playing online too. I realized I really only care about the career mode and online was just to mainly play around with the market in FUT and occasionally compete against others, however in terms of game the online side of Fifa is like a side quest to me. Career mode is the reason I buy and play Fifa and can honestly say I would not be interested in the game without the career mode and would not buy it. I'm already considering moving to PES because of the different career mode and you can get licenced teams easily by downloading the patch anyway.
  • Alex_cr
    Gazbell76 wrote: »

Speak for yourself mate Can't stand online games its a boring grind . Playing same teams and players every week is boring and the fact its p2w .

I’m not speaking for myself I’m speaking for the majority. It’s fact that that’s where the gaming world has gone.
  • DavidTrezeguet
    22 posts Ball Boy
    edited January 8
    Hi guys,
    this year I decided to write something here, maybe when people understand they are more aware.

Reply about players "overallratingdiff" to -1: isn't a game issue or bug, but just an amazing feature.

Data values shared below aren't updated to latest Squads Update.
    Shared just as example, so people can understand more easily.

The bug you are asking for is the effect of "playerformdiff" table inside the main database or Squads db, inside are stored data about player's form, according to the real performance in the related league.

For example in one of latest Squads update:

overallratingdiff -1

newoverallrating 81

oldoverallrating 82

teamid 1

playerid 165229

Data related to Koscielny (Arsenal).

I repeat, these values may vary in any Squads update, perfect and amazingly correct.

Probably, when the form is negative, people do not like it.

But here I don't see people complaining about the players with +3 ovr,
    like Liverpool/Atlético de Madrid fans/players with Henrique Tavares and Griezmann to +3,
    no one asked EA to fix this +3 bug, quite right?

The community during all these years has always asked for maximum realism, now has been done.

In any case if you have a player with -2 at new career start, just train and play.
    Another solution is to edit/adjust or clean yourself the playerformdiff table inside Squads,
    before you start the new updated offline career.
    Squads editing will work only for Offline Career Mode, perfect and amazingly correct.

Another amazing table is also present: "teamformdiff", it works the same way and include:
    newattackrating, newdefenserating, newmidfieldrating, overallratingdiff (+old_values to make the diff)

However, it is always possible that there are wrong (or not liked) data in these db tables,
    especially when the interested team/players is in low/negative state.

The best solution, if you like to play with preferred OVRs, is to edit Squads,
    or at least adjust interested players via in-game editor, make the gap/diff 0 or as you like.

I hope this helps

Think about it: EA is our life.

Ask/post/write constructively.
    I hope you can now edit the thread title.
    Post edited by DavidTrezeguet on
  • Cooler08
    580 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Hi guys,
    this year I decided to write something here, maybe when people understand they are more aware.

Reply about players "overallratingdiff" to -1: isn't a game issue or bug, but just an amazing feature.

If it isn't a bug when does Corey Andress here say its a major priority for the team?

https://mobile.twitter.com/EACoreySA/status/1083232440884318208

• Cooler08 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

If it isn't a bug when does Corey Andress here say its a major priority for the team?

https://mobile.twitter.com/EACoreySA/status/1083232440884318208

It's not a feature. This didn't happen before one of the major updates. Doesn't happen on Switch version either. One does not simply introduce a new feature and doesn't talk about it. what, leave gamers to find out themselves? What kind of practice is that?

Thanks for the Twitter link though. I noticed it's from today, finally something that came from EA. Now just sit and continue to wait for a fix. Sigh it's been a month already...
  • Amazing it has taken a month for someone within EA to respond to the -1 issue.

I can only assume that they must by nearing the fix as they have responded to several questions on Twitter.

Both Corey and Zaro have stated they will look to have an ETA on the fix soon, so you never know...