The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

Once again, players swapping positions

JuliantbX
2778 posts Fans' Favourite
Will this ever be fixed? pogba running around as striker, salah as cdm. This game is so amazing

Comments

• Tymsy83
    882 posts Semi-Pro
    It won’t ever be fixed, it’s EA, total scum bags
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6434 posts Big Money Move
    Doesn't happen if you actually sort your formations properly in the menus, i've played stupid amount of games and never seen it once.
  • Tymsy83
    882 posts Semi-Pro
    Doesn't happen if you actually sort your formations properly in the menus, i've played stupid amount of games and never seen it once.

That makes it ok then
  • Thomas
    3044 posts National Call-Up

That is not true.

I had my striker(mertens with low/high), with instructions to stay forward play as a cb.

Next game he was a left midfielder.

It is random, and annoying as hell.
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6434 posts Big Money Move
    Thomas wrote: »

That is not true.

I had my striker(mertens with low/high), with instructions to stay forward play as a cb.

That's probably because you haven't gone into the custom tactics and set the positions players for each individual Game Plan, i had this exact argument with a friend of mine who was convinced that it was randomly moving his players to random positions, i forced him to sort out his game plans 1 by 1 and since then he hasn't mentioned it happening once...
  • The king
    405 posts Sunday League Hero
    At least you got him as cdm , mine is playing as lb and alonso as lw !!
  • The king
    405 posts Sunday League Hero

That is not true.

That's probably because you haven't gone into the custom tactics and set the positions players for each individual Game Plan, i had this exact argument with a friend of mine who was convinced that it was randomly moving his players to random positions, i forced him to sort out his game plans 1 by 1 and since then he hasn't mentioned it happening once...
    It is happening to the main formation not the attack or defense.
  • Thomas
    3044 posts National Call-Up

That is not true.

I have done that. Given position+instructions to every player on every game plan(ultra defensive all the way to ultra attacking).

Doesn't fix the random position changed
  • Supermario911
    1245 posts Professional
    Nope - they won't sort it

too busy planning which packs to release for TOTY
  • Smiley_Utd
    1832 posts Play-Off Hero
    someone said above if you set you formations correctly then it doesn't happen, that is true ive never had this issue when my set up is correct. but when you sell a couple of you players an change it up slightly just for a game or two then all hell breaks loose! I cant understand how something so basic is so ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up I had Mahrez playing CDM for 60 mins of a game because of this an it laterally drove me insane.

were 4months into this game, this should NOT be happening esp when its had half a dozen updates already!!

I'm not one to rant usually but this pisses me off
  • BiigDee
    4687 posts Big Money Move
    Mine is all set up correctly for four different formations and I was using 41212 and all players were out of position. I had used all my pauses and couldn’t change it so it is happening. All last year I had similar problem with that formation
  • Kalhead
    519 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Something weird happens when you switch player positions after changing tactics and making subs. Not sure what causes it but its very real.
  • Galayn
    518 posts An Exciting Prospect
    happened to me today for the first time (only once, luckily), I paused the game and put them in the right positions, did not work ...
  • Mini_Miudo
    9984 posts Has That Special Something

This isn't the issue. At least for me. My players are always in their correct position when I switch to an unchanged gameplan. However, if I then make subs and swap players around in game, sometimes it becomes messed up. Easy fix is to pause it when this happens and swap 2 players around, it'll be fine then, but still a dumb bug.
  • Porsgaard85
    975 posts Professional
    edited January 2019
    Mine does it when i make a substitution. So i played all 30 wl games without subs. So ❤️❤️❤️❤️ g annoying. But better than partey ST and messi and Ronaldinho as cdm’s

Fk ing joke of a game!
  • Mini_Miudo
    9984 posts Has That Special Something
    Mine does it when i make a substitution. So i played all 30 wl games without subs. So **** g annoying. But better than partey ST and messi and Ronaldinho as cdm’s

Fk ing joke of a game!

When that happens just pause it and swap 2 players around you don't mind playing flipped. I typically just switch my 2 CDMs around.
  • fifaplayerbol
    4372 posts National Call-Up

That is not true.

this is wrong, it is a glitch in the game, i don't even have to change my individual game plan - if i change something in custom tactics alone - like switching to constant pressure, my players move around randomly
  • Porsgaard85
    975 posts Professional
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    Mine does it when i make a substitution. So i played all 30 wl games without subs. So **** g annoying. But better than partey ST and messi and Ronaldinho as cdm’s

Fk ing joke of a game!

When that happens just pause it and swap 2 players around you don't mind playing flipped. I typically just switch my 2 CDMs around.

If its RF and a CDM that swaps and o just pause and swap these two. Then it swaps so that st’s play CDM and cb and CDM plays st and wings. It just so messed up!

Should record it