INTERNATIONAL MANAGER CAREER CLASH WITH CLUB CAREER

ArladArlad
21 posts Last Pick at the Park
Alright, first off this virtually never happens in the real world in today's modern game. You're either a Club Manager or you're an International Manager, rarely have we ever seen a situation where a manager would manage both club and country for an extended period of time.

That being said it's pretty fascinating to even have this option in the game, I've always ignored International Management. This time around in FIFA 19 I am Notts County, using the generic managers I picked 'Vincent Fortune' as popular South African Manager who has gained a reputation for being a tactician.

The Magpies were taken over financially (Used financial takeover) because lets face it if i'm ignoring the real world now I might as well do something different LOL. Having appointed Fortune he then set out replacing every single english player and any other player in the squad with African born stars, setting an unprecedented landmark to english football. At some point to cut this story short I made it into the Championship after 2 back to back promotions. That's what having a front 3 of Kahraba, Sio and Tau will do for you :-D

Then came the Country, Fortune could not turn down a chance to manage the International side so for the very first time on FIFA I would give International Manager and Club manager a go in the same CM save. OH MY What a disaster EA!! :D

Firstly... absolutely NONE of the young ACADEMY players coming through from South Africa match their ethnicity. This can also be said for the other countries such as Gabon. The only countries that actually match up are Cameroon, Ghana and Ivory Coast. Now don't get me wrong.. South Africa does have Caucasian players and a lot of caucasian players but.. none of them have incorrect ethnic names the way it is programmed.

A minor problem? I guess.. :-/ anyways moving swiftly onto the biggest issue with taking on International Manager role. Forward into November where I am managing a match between South Africa and Mexico On Saturday we draw 1-1 after a late equalizer and I then return to my club duties on the monday at Notts County ready to prepare for a mid-week match. I noticed that while I was away on International Duty the game had auto-simmed without me even given the chance to play Leeds Utd (A) on the same Saturday, there was no reschedule or even an option to play the match. :-/

The Calendar isn't even split or divided from Club to National sides, so had i not been keeping such a meticulous track of league matches I would not of even noticed the sneaky 1-0 win Leeds Utd had over me while I was away. :-/

This finally builds me into the final complaint that this international manager offer kind of messes up the league matches as the game/simulator isn't programmed to reschedule those games, as it happens I did accept the 1-0 loss but... it is eerily similar to the same issue of having an FA Cup 4th round game clash with a league match because the rescheduled match programming appears to be broken. Whether that is on purpose by yourself or just a bug/glitch i'll leave that up to you to decide.

Comments

• I just ran into that same situation in my CM. It's apparently been that way forever. I'm not sure if it's a bug. Maybe they just didnt expect many people to manage an international team while being in a lower league. I just figure that realistically, if I'm away on international break, I can't also be back with my squad. So the Assistant Manager or whoever has to take over for that game. That's how I rationalize it.
  • ArladArlad
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Ace1234ny wrote: »
    I just ran into that same situation in my CM. It's apparently been that way forever. I'm not sure if it's a bug. Maybe they just didnt expect many people to manage an international team while being in a lower league. I just figure that realistically, if I'm away on international break, I can't also be back with my squad. So the Assistant Manager or whoever has to take over for that game. That's how I rationalize it.

tbh we don't really have much else lol. It's the best way to rationalize it, although the same cannot be said for the FA Cup match that clashes with the league one. It is frustrating, I am continuing on with my Notts County team but in the future season episode I decided to not renew my contract after 2 successful seasons with the National Side. I just can't handle skipping that game that I want to play and now we're in the EPL he can just put it down to club commitment taking a priority. I actually enjoyed the International experience too, I wont go back to it for this reason though.
  • ArladArlad wrote: »
    Ace1234ny wrote: »
    I just ran into that same situation in my CM. It's apparently been that way forever. I'm not sure if it's a bug. Maybe they just didnt expect many people to manage an international team while being in a lower league. I just figure that realistically, if I'm away on international break, I can't also be back with my squad. So the Assistant Manager or whoever has to take over for that game. That's how I rationalize it.

tbh we don't really have much else lol. It's the best way to rationalize it, although the same cannot be said for the FA Cup match that clashes with the league one. It is frustrating, I am continuing on with my Notts County team but in the future season episode I decided to not renew my contract after 2 successful seasons with the National Side. I just can't handle skipping that game that I want to play and now we're in the EPL he can just put it down to club commitment taking a priority. I actually enjoyed the International experience too, I wont go back to it for this reason though.

In fairness, this should not happen once you're in EPL. The Premier League takes all the international breaks so there should be no clash. The lower leagues have more games and often don't stop for the international break.