How to optimise finishing in 1 on 1 Situations?

BorussenBernie09
1366 posts Professional
Fellow FUT-Addicts,

i need your help, cause my finishing in 1 on 1 Situations with the goalie is terribly bad. I have like 10-15 Shots on target and can't manage to score more than 1 or 2 Goals. Since everyone is moving the Keeper (unfortunately a lot of my opponents are damn good at it), i've tried everything. Fake Shot, La Croqueta, Ball roll, Berba Spin...nothing works properly.

I'm using tf in the box, normal low driven finesse and L1+R1 to finish.

Does anyone have a hint for me, what i can do better to maximize my efforts (Exept "git gud" :D)?

Thx in advance,

Cheers B3N

Comments

• Did you watch the movie: Bird Box?
    Try that when playing FIFA and you might end up scoring more goals when 1on1...
  • BorussenBernie09
    1366 posts Professional
    Crysister wrote: »
    Did you watch the movie: Bird Box?
    Try that when playing FIFA and you might end up scoring more goals when 1on1...

I score very often with Eyes closed in RL!
  • emylonas
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    Do the drills
  • FCBlunt
    1854 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 4
    Finesse, just need to find the right power while close. I havent found the perfect power at all this year.

If you like right infront of each other, regular shot with 2 bars towards the far bottom corner. It will act like a low driven with less power, it works if you use it right.

Also, just mix up your shots going for every corner.
  • BorussenBernie09
    1366 posts Professional
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    Finesse, just need to find the right power while close. I havent found the perfect power at all this year.

If you like right infront of each other, regular shot with 2 bars towards the far bottom corner. It will act like a low driven with less power, it works if you use it right.

Also, just mix up your shots going for every corner.

I'm really trying to use different kinds of shots, but nothing is really working well. It's not the i shoot wide very often, i'm constantly hitting the damn post like 5-6 times during the game.
  • Recoba
    3570 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 4
    L2+L1+R1+O = Low driven finesse
  • Pranav
    770 posts Semi-Pro
    if you see a keeper coming out fake shots ball rolls or la croqueta to round the keeper. timed finishing helps finesse shots are usually good enough also low driven are decent once again when timed. best way to improve finishing imo is skill games.
  • FinneganFach
    2123 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 4
    I do pretty well one on one really, I'm not sure I understand why people are so triggered by this. Timed finesse from thirty yards is op, yes, but that doesn't mean by default that one on one's are broken.

Depends on the angle and what the keeper does.

The worst angle, the one to avoid, is probably coming 100% head on so maybe it helps I play a two striker system idk.

Low driven if on your strong side, cut in to finesse if you're on your weak side, go near post if they're moving the keeper laterally and chip shot if they keeper rush.

The most important thing in all of that is to try and stay calm, watch his keeper (on the radar if necessary) and make your decision based on what he's doing.

Edit: oh and if you're under too much pressure from a defender, keep it simple. Couple bars power with a normal shot to whichever corner is more open. Don't over think it.