Squad Battles Difficulty

Louie_Serene
43 posts Last Pick at the Park
Anyone else find squad battles difficulty is very off balance? I have only just started the game so I only have an 82 rated team but 100 chemistry. I play on amateur and win 7-0 and upwards. I then try on semi pro, which is one more level up and it becomes impossible to score and I either draw or lose. That to me is very unbalanced. Would be good if this was rectified as I think it spoils the game mode a bit. Thoughts?

Comments

• TopClass13
    1129 posts Professional
    Patience is the key.

Pass around, the higher the level the more patience is required.
  • Remember, if you hold down speed button, so will AI.
    Keep patience and not chase the ball when you lost it or the AI zip zap through your defends...
  • Louie_Serene
    I’ve learnt not to run constantly and chase ball etc and learnt to dribble more slowly and in control. However, squad battles is matching me against teams that are way above me in skill rating. I have rating 82 and they gave me a match up with an 89 team very expensive players. I won 1-0 on amateur. I shouldn’t even be playing games against such good teams lol I’ve been playing for a week. Dumb server match ups if you ask me. EA need to find more balance from beginners to professional in this mode.
  • CeeQue
    10961 posts Has That Special Something
    Start off in WC just to get the feel of it and go to Legendary. It's easier on Legendary than WC, to be honest.
  • Pieman25
    16236 posts World Class
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Start off in WC just to get the feel of it and go to Legendary. It's easier on Legendary than WC, to be honest.

But the OP isn't winning on semi pro.
  • Louie_Serene

Well if this doesn’t scream unbalanced game mode then I don’t know what does lol.

Tbf you’re right SuperK rivals is much bettwr rewards and I’m rank 2 already so if can get to rank 1 would be acr and good rewards. I just do squads to get that extra coinage and a couple more packs as I’ve legit only been playing FUT one week.
  • Gazbell76
    291 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pieman25 wrote: »

I've played squad battles since the start played over 1000 games and trust me you can lose on any level semi pro and above . E2 or E1 every week i tried for stressless week and tried semi pro and got hammered 6 - 3 then next game went back up to wc and won 5 -1 so theres defo a problem with difficulty inconsistency in the game . And most recently since xmas day defending is non existing in this mode constant pressure with no stamina loss for cpu ai yet my players are draining pretty fast even thoe am not using press tactics ? Intensity has been increased greatly making game bit to stressful .
  • Louie_Serene

Gazbell76 wrote: »

I've played squad battles since the start played over 1000 games and trust me you can lose on any level semi pro and above . E2 or E1 every week i tried for stressless week and tried semi pro and got hammered 6 - 3 then next game went back up to wc and won 5 -1 so theres defo a problem with difficulty inconsistency in the game . And most recently since xmas day defending is non existing in this mode constant pressure with no stamina loss for cpu ai yet my players are draining pretty fast even thoe am not using press tactics ? Intensity has been increased greatly making game bit to stressful .

It’s crazy isn’t it. Hopefully they sort it out. I wouldn’t even mind if it matched me up with same rating teams but I’m going up against superstars 3 out of 4 games ffs.
  • TopClass13
    1129 posts Professional
    Progressively, the last team is always 84 or above on 100 chem.

The most difficult teams are those with low rating but all gold, because they play tiki-taka.
  • Gazbell76 wrote: »

I gotta disagreed.
    I cant loose at beyond Professionel level. Still sometimes AI cheats and push me to a only a win by only 1 goal, when I should had won by 10. But I literally never loose.
    Thats why I prefer Professionel, as its the only thing I can control somehow in this game.
    WC and Legendary is a lottery. Yes.
  • Gazbell76
    edited January 4

It’s crazy isn’t it. Hopefully they sort it out. I wouldn’t even mind if it matched me up with same rating teams but I’m going up against superstars 3 out of 4 games ffs.

Dont play bronze bench teams on difficulty higher than professional and play teams lower than 79 on wc . You probably hit elite 2 .
  • Pieman25
    16236 posts World Class

Appreciate the input, I wouldn't play on less than legendary and always hit Elite 1 by Friday but as I don't go lower don't have the experience of losing to semi pro that you're referring to. Don't lose the stamina as I don't use the run button a lot but again that's only my experience of the mode.
  • Gazbell76
    Crysister wrote: »

I gotta disagreed.
    I cant loose at beyond Professionel level. Still sometimes AI cheats and push me to a only a win by only 1 goal, when I should had won by 10. But I literally never loose.
    Thats why I prefer Professionel, as its the only thing I can control somehow in this game.

How can you disagree are you playing my game on my console mate no your not am only saying how the game is for me at the minute not everyone else will be the same . We all have losing streaks and its down to your pay tear i.E pay to win .
  • Gazbell76 wrote: »

I gotta disagreed.

How can you disagree are you playing my game on my console mate no your not am only saying how the game is for me at the minute not everyone else will be the same . We all have losing streaks and its down to your pay tear i.E pay to win .

Yes I paid to win and now I never loose on Professionel 😁👍
  • TheFreshOne3
    1099 posts Professional
    I find professional a lot harder than world class. Can score more on world class for some reason like yesterday I won 12-1 but i feel on professional difficulty they one touch pass a lot and their passes are very fast and accurate plus their shooting is great. Had a player with 53 shooting score from 25 yards before. Crazy
  • Louie_Serene

Dont play bronze bench teams on difficulty higher than professional and play teams lower than 79 on wc . You probably hit elite 2 .

• Louie_Serene
    edited January 4
    I’m about 700 points off Elite 3 with one day of games left. Should get to it but doubt I’ll get to Elite 1 with the team I have and being up against 89+ teams. Seems a bit ridiculous when my team is 82. Thats my whole point. I don’t get to play many bronze teams they are all 85-90 rated teams lol. Very dumb when you can’t match the players strength and skills.
  • Pieman25
    16236 posts World Class
    I’m about 700 points off Elite 2 with one day of games left. Should get to it but doubt I’ll get to Elite 1 with the team I have and being up against 89+ teams. Seems a bit ridiculous when my team is 82. Thats my whole point. I don’t get to play many bronze teams they are all 85-90 rated teams lol. Very dumb when you can’t match the players strength and skills.

If there were more bronze the average score would be higher and more difficult to reach anyway.
  • Gazbell76

I gotta disagreed.

Yes I paid to win and now I never loose on Professionel 😁👍

I didnt say you pay to win mate . But you must now how this game works ? Example i can win div 1 single player mode winning on ultimate difficulty ok now when playing squad battles like your self i do struggle past professional difficulty . And as i said since xmas day this mode has become a nightmare for ME . Its inconsistency in difficulty Players are having a problem with .
  • Louie_Serene
    I think it will be a lot better once I’ve managed to save up enough coins to get a better squad.

What do you guys pick from the options??

Coins, packs or unreadable packs? I was thinking about just saving up as much as I can for a couple months and doing sbc’s.
  • Pieman25
    16236 posts World Class
    I think it will be a lot better once I’ve managed to save up enough coins to get a better squad.

Coins, packs or unreadable packs? I was thinking about just saving up as much as I can for a couple months and doing sbc’s.

You don't get to choose in Squad Battles buddy, it's 1 set reward for each tier.
  • Louie_Serene

You don't get to choose in Squad Battles buddy, it's 1 set reward for each tier.

Oh **** yeah I mean rivals then? Maybe I should make or look for another thread about that lol
  • Gazbell76

Appreciate the input, I wouldn't play on less than legendary and always hit Elite 1 by Friday but as I don't go lower don't have the experience of losing to semi pro that you're referring to. Don't lose the stamina as I don't use the run button a lot but again that's only my experience of the mode.

As you already kno mate you get the od shock sometimes maybe it was just my turn that day . On different note you kno mike ashleys costing me and you IF toon players in this game for last two years and i hope your boycotting home games before are clubs completely ruined ASHLEY OUT !
  • Crysister
    960 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 4

Just play alots of games, try make some Trading profit and pick up rewards as you go.
    Personally i go for coins, but you might be lucky with a great pull from packs.
  • Louie_Serene
    Yeah I was thinking just take the coins as I’ve worked out can save a million in around 9 weeks of play. This would give me enough to buy the decent players that I’ve got my eyes on. Not sure I trust the packs. Not had much luck with them so far. All crap.
  • Louie_Serene
    This game is absolutely ridiculous!! Sorry to vent again but its just pure crap. How can it go from me scoring and beating amateur teams in SB to 10-12 goals. I go up one difficulty to pro now against the worser teams than me and manage to score one goal. Every other shot saved by keeper. I could go on forever but its sooooo infuriating how the defensive AI goes up so much one difficulty level up. Like where the **** is the balance man. Making me not want to play the game. EA sort this stupid crap out.
  • Jacques89
    The game would be just as boring if you could breeze through levels and win every game 12-0
    Spend a bit of time working on some of the fundamentals, good 1-2 passing, holding possession, triggering runs from your attackers. Spend some time learning some skills moves like heel to heel and croqueta, these will become a reflex after a while and are very OP in all levels. The timed finesses are super easy up until the highest levels so learn the angles and you should be able to level up to WC fairly quickly.. frustration is a built in mechanic in this game FYI.. get used to it
  • mdizzl3
    12407 posts Has That Special Something
    A couple of tips and things to consider:

- Difficulty from one match to the next can vary a little. Some games may feel like semi-pro, the next might feel like professional difficulty.

- The AI will typically play quite defensively whilst the game is level or they are winning.

- The AI will become more attacking once they go behind or when the game reaches the 60th minute. You will find it easier to grab a goal then. Just make sure to defend well.

- Try out a few different formations to see what works best for you. Formations with wide players work better for me.

Can you post your current team so we can suggest improvements?
  • nicitel32
    1580 posts Play-Off Hero
    well if u cant win on semi-pro u should go to arena and train a bit..because even with 82 rated team u should win at least 9 from 10 on profesional....teams with 74 and lower u should always play on legendary...
  • Louie_Serene
    nicitel32 wrote: »
    well if u cant win on semi-pro u should go to arena and train a bit..because even with 82 rated team u should win at least 9 from 10 on profesional....teams with 74 and lower u should always play on legendary...

I win on semi pro I’m saying the difficulty fluctuates wildly. Like I just won 5-0 in a squad battle. Earlier I played a tram with a worse rating than this and scored 1-0 and the defensive was rock solid.