Rebound goals.

NoWayJose
42 posts Park Captain
I don't know whats happened lately, but 80% of the goals I am conceding are stupid rebound goals.

It needs to be nerfed in the next patch, along with tackling.

You literally get punished for defending properly in this game.

Comments

• Eisenhardt
    4178 posts National Call-Up
    I feel ya man, I concede a lot of them as well and they can be frustrating. I almost put together a compilation of the goals I score vs the ones I concede the other night but decided it would be just a waste of time.
  • Thomas
    3044 posts National Call-Up
    Best part is the stupid ai, gk saves and thr rebound lands 1 inch from your players feet, he won't clear the ball, and you can't switch to the player, and shortly after your opponent get a free goal
  • GA85
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sometimes the rebound is so so so so so so accuracy to the opponent striker you even think wtf is happening in this game.
  • TurdFerguson
    2593 posts Fans' Favourite
    I know rebound goals are frustrating, but it’s honestly a part of the game, rebound goals are pretty common irl
  • GA85
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I know rebound goals are frustrating, but it’s honestly a part of the game, rebound goals are pretty common irl

Rebounds are very frustrating, rebounds who looks assists are even more.
  • Eisenhardt
    4178 posts National Call-Up

Let's just say they're way too common in this game and could use a bit of tweaking. Nobody is saying to take them out of the game completely.
  • NoWayJose
    42 posts Park Captain

They are way too common in this game though it's almost one a match at this stage. I'm not saying take them out, just tone down the frequency.
  • Xguti002
    2020 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don’t even rage anymore, in fact I don’t feel pain nor do I celebrate my goals anymore. Years of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in fifa I guess.
  • gutman22
    681 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited January 2019
    I think this brute ammount of rebounds are related to the input delay. Yesterday I lost a match 5x1 which 4 goals of the oposition were rebounds. I was thinking about a strategy to overcome it. Next time I'll kick the ball to the sideline and pause the game because a standart clearence would result in more rebounds.
  • NoWayJose
    42 posts Park Captain
    still conceding a ridiculous amount of these. Needs to be addressed in the next patch.
  • gutman22
    681 posts An Exciting Prospect
    NoWayJose wrote: »
    still conceding a ridiculous amount of these. Needs to be addressed in the next patch.

The problem is, what is the cause?
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2194 posts Fans' Favourite
    Think it's delay. Sometimes they shoot and it hits the defender who is still doing the delayed block/tackle animation while it's rolled back to the attacker for a free finesse in to the top corner. Really annoying when your defence won't react.
  • BGAlum
    1447 posts Play-Off Hero
    Xguti002 wrote: »
    I don’t even rage anymore, in fact I don’t feel pain nor do I celebrate my goals anymore. Years of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in fifa I guess.

Yeah... I feel you there. I get more upset at the stupid things like playing someone that insists watching even the replays of the misses and fouls and everything in the game, let alone three goals.

I don’t score many, but I don’t celebrate them either, even the ones I know I or feel like I earned vs some divine EA AI intervention in allowing the ball to go in the goal. First , it is a waste of time, second goals are way more frequent and more games are played, so I point back to #1, and finally, why bother when we all know the AI is going to flip the “luck logic” and that high is going to be turned to a low soon enough.

No need to be on a roller coaster unless you like that emotional ride.
  • BGAlum
    1447 posts Play-Off Hero
    Think it's delay. Sometimes they shoot and it hits the defender who is still doing the delayed block/tackle animation while it's rolled back to the attacker for a free finesse in to the top corner. Really annoying when your defence won't react.

It is not just defense for me, but it is very common to not be able to switch to the player closest to the ball in many instances. Even if I am in possession and get a ball forward intending it for say the wing who is out front, but a mishit pass puts it closer to a center forward or streaking player... try as I might to switch, I can not.