Whats the better league?

Summer69
1311 posts Professional
I was chatting to a friend and wondering which country had the better standard of league - Scotland, Netherlands or France (minus PSG) ?

Just wondered what peoples thoughts were.

Comments

• Azof
    16418 posts World Class
    You cant ask a question like that and then disqualify teams from one of the leagues
  • SomeNextGuy
    2607 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 3
    1. France
    2. Netherlands
    3. Scotland

Pretty obvious in my opinion.
  • Summer69
    1311 posts Professional
    Azof wrote: »
    You cant ask a question like that and then disqualify teams from one of the leagues

I thought it was too easy with PSG in there.

Say if you had Celtic vs Lyon vs Ajax who would come out top - just a talking point really
  • G12OGN
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 3
    1. France
    2. Netherlands
    3. Scotland

This.
    Summer69 wrote: »
    Say if you had Celtic vs Lyon vs Ajax who would come out top - just a talking point really

Well two have made it out of the group stage of the UCL. The other didnt qualify.

Scottish league is a pub league.
  • SomeNextGuy
    2607 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 3

So the question is would the best team in Scotland beat the second best team in the Netherlands and the third best team in France?

Being generous, Celtic would struggle to achieve top five in Ligue 1, and top three in the Erdivisie.
  • AjaxLegends
    1725 posts Play-Off Hero
    1. France
    2. Netherlands
    3. Scotland

• Summer69
    1311 posts Professional

So the question is would the best team in Scotland beat the second best team in the Netherlands and the third best team in France?

Being generous, Celtic would struggle to achieve top five in Ligue 1, and top three in the Erdivisie.

hmm interesting, I don't think the dutch league is all that, I think ajax would beat celtic but reckon celtic could get in the top 3 in Holland. I thought ajax were the best team in the Netherlands or am I mistaken as you say the second best team there?
  • Pughy30
    25709 posts Player of the Year
    1. France
    2. Netherlands
    3. Scotland

• xGeorgeSmithx
    5693 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 3
    Let’s be honest here, calling the Scottish league a “pub league” is nothing but brainwashed Premier League fans.

The correct order would be France, Netherlands and then Scotland but then ask yourselves the question “which league has the most money invested in it”.... you’re looking at the same order.

The more money in a league, the better it will be.

Each league has it’s positives and it’s negatives.
  • AjaxLegends
    1725 posts Play-Off Hero

hmm interesting, I don't think the dutch league is all that, I think ajax would beat celtic but reckon celtic could get in the top 3 in Holland. I thought ajax were the best team in the Netherlands or am I mistaken as you say the second best team there?

PSV would have zero trouble with Celtic. Feyenoord would be interesting.
  • Summer69 wrote: »

PSV is the nr1 in the league at this moment, haven't lost match in the first half of the competition, Ajax lost to them in Eindhoven 3-0. So nothing is set in stone, personally I think the way Ajax plays this season they are by far the best, but PSV supporters would disagree and point to the 3-0 victory earlier this year (which happens every year, PSV loses in Amsterdam, Ajax in Eindhoven).

I don't think Celtic would beat Ajax or PSV. Feyenoord is....well...traditional top 3, but they are running so far behind that I could see them lose to Celtic.
  • Summer69
    1311 posts Professional

PSV is the nr1 in the league at this moment, haven't lost match in the first half of the competition, Ajax lost to them in Eindhoven 3-0. So nothing is set in stone, personally I think the way Ajax plays this season they are by far the best, but PSV supporters would disagree and point to the 3-0 victory earlier this year (which happens every year, PSV loses in Amsterdam, Ajax in Eindhoven).

I don't think Celtic would beat Ajax or PSV. Feyenoord is....well...traditional top 3, but they are running so far behind that I could see them lose to Celtic.

ah ok thanks for the update on psv - I only really pay attention to the champions league and I know ajax are doing ok there hence me thinking ajax were number 1
  • Andyh60
    449 posts Sunday League Hero
    1. France
    2. Netherlands
    3. Scotland