Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

5221 Wide Targetman Guide - sponsored by Big Sam’s Pint of Wine & The Tony Pulis Baseball Cap

Comments

• Please do try and learn how to break down the defence and score instead of using and abusing noob tactics; what is the point in saying you are a poor player but you can hold your own in Div 3?

Be good enough to be in that division by playing proper football. I hate crossers the most; I don't mind timed finesse shots because I've learned how to anticipate and move the goalkeeper.

The challenge is to learn how to dribble, pass, skill and score...not run down the side and YOLO cross for a goal. You don't need Wout or whatever his name is, I've had pygmies outjump my Varane.
    Well, i’m Poor/average at exploiting the meta but pretty good enough tactically for div 3. Just because I don’t copy a ‘pro’ tactic from YouTube doesn’t make them ‘noob’ tactics. If it were that easy everyone would be using them.

“Proper football” - interesting concept that. Also interesting you don’t mind facing what most players attempt but something different gets under your skin. You sound a bit like Wenger after his Arsenal team gets beaten by Stoke/Bolton.

Without wanting to sound rude I have to say you are completely incorrect with your last paragraph. The object of the game is to ouscore your opponent, how you attempt to do that is completely up to the player.

Tactics for crossing? Anyone can do it, here it is...pacey winger, lob it in with his good foot (early), even the shortest pygmy will outjump Varane to score. I tested it with a blind 180 deg turn cross and it still worked; I refuse to cross, only pathetic noobs who are desperate for a win to boost their low self-esteem do this just like the ones who celebrate and gloat instead of hitting LBRB.
  • RayS
    21641 posts Club Captain
    Best Prem option for the target striker? Would IF Lukaku work?
  • Headshrinker363
    3125 posts National Call-Up
    Please do try and learn how to break down the defence and score instead of using and abusing noob tactics; what is the point in saying you are a poor player but you can hold your own in Div 3?

Be good enough to be in that division by playing proper football. I hate crossers the most; I don't mind timed finesse shots because I've learned how to anticipate and move the goalkeeper.

The challenge is to learn how to dribble, pass, skill and score...not run down the side and YOLO cross for a goal. You don't need Wout or whatever his name is, I've had pygmies outjump my Varane.

In short:- I haven’t figured out how to beat this system so you suck!

Hey genius, did you go to college?

No.
  • RayS
    21641 posts Club Captain
    edited January 7
    Please do try and learn how to break down the defence and score instead of using and abusing noob tactics; what is the point in saying you are a poor player but you can hold your own in Div 3?

No.

@Johnlondon5420
    Playing FIFA doesn’t require a college education so I don’t see how that is even relevant here except to troll someone.

Even if u did go to college... so have millions of others. It doesn’t exactly make you an intellectual elite, my guy
  • Johnlondon5420
    38 posts Ball Boy
    edited January 7
    RayS wrote: »

No.

@Johnlondon5420
    Playing FIFA doesn’t require a college education so I don’t see how that is even relevant here except to troll someone.

Even if u did go to college... so have millions of others. It doesn’t exactly make you an intellectual elite, my guy

"My guy"? In other words, you didn't go as well.
    Post edited by Johnlondon5420 on
  • Headshrinker363
    3125 posts National Call-Up

Well, i’m Poor/average at exploiting the meta but pretty good enough tactically for div 3. Just because I don’t copy a ‘pro’ tactic from YouTube doesn’t make them ‘noob’ tactics. If it were that easy everyone would be using them.

“Proper football” - interesting concept that. Also interesting you don’t mind facing what most players attempt but something different gets under your skin. You sound a bit like Wenger after his Arsenal team gets beaten by Stoke/Bolton.

Without wanting to sound rude I have to say you are completely incorrect with your last paragraph. The object of the game is to ouscore your opponent, how you attempt to do that is completely up to the player.

Tactics for crossing? Anyone can do it, here it is...pacey winger, lob it in with his good foot (early), even the shortest pygmy will outjump Varane to score. I tested it with a blind 180 deg turn cross and it still worked; I refuse to cross, only pathetic noobs who are desperate for a win to boost their low self-esteem do this just like the ones who celebrate and gloat instead of hitting LBRB.

Sounds like you need to learn how to stop wingers getting into dangerous positions.
  • RayS
    21641 posts Club Captain

No.

@Johnlondon5420

"My guy"? In other words, you haven't gone as well.

making an assumption of one's level of education based on the use of a regional colloquial term is very scholarly, my guy.
  • RayS wrote: »

No.

@Johnlondon5420

making an assumption of one's level of education based on the use of a regional colloquial term is very scholarly, my guy.

"Very Scholarly"... I rest my case.
  • RayS
    21641 posts Club Captain
    edited January 7

No.

@Johnlondon5420

Do you need a definition of either word?
  • BordoMavi
    708 posts Semi-Pro
    Sandell85 wrote: »
    Good guide, gonna try this. But how do you get targetman for a winger? :/
    Use custom tactics so you can swap your targetman to the wing on the dpad. In the player instructions set the winger to targetman.

The width was too much for me so I made it 5, and am playing possession which so far seems better suiting my gamestyle. Brought in Andreas Cornelius to test it with a strong and tall striker and he has 6 goals in 3 games so far.
  • BordoMavi
    708 posts Semi-Pro
    Why are you even answering him, @RayS obviously a tall striker put it in him very hard and he has some pain in behind. :)
  • FarPostGhost
    255 posts Sunday League Hero

No.

@Johnlondon5420

Dunno what’s up with you dude but I hope it gets better soon

• Berlus
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited January 8
    Do you have further crossing tips? You always cross with L2/LT ? Which are the best spots?
    I have problems to find my targetman. Which players do you use for crossing?

Thx for your help
  • Kove
    3692 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 8
    I know what you are doing here but this is clearly the best place for Mike Bassett memes and if you don't know why then shame.

• Safehands84
    2315 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nice guide and interesting, played a guy playing like this last night, He had a version of Cavani who murdered me. Might give it a go tonight as I’m in between formations at the minute, started playing 4222 enjoying it but dropped 1k skill points since switching.

Team will look like this after switch

juwh0p.png
  • shady93
    226 posts Sunday League Hero
    4 games 4 demolition jobs raul henry and figo are doing so much more than when i played 433(5) ok the midfield is bare but you just need two ball winners with decent passing i have keane and 88 seedorf there perfect ! I hate to do it but i AI defend too and with the 3 cbs its really effective.
  • gresh1978
    2315 posts Fans' Favourite
    shady93 wrote: »
    4 games 4 demolition jobs raul henry and figo are doing so much more than when i played 433(5) ok the midfield is bare but you just need two ball winners with decent passing i have keane and 88 seedorf there perfect ! I hate to do it but i AI defend too and with the 3 cbs its really effective.

Whenever I AI defend I think Moses must be in the stadium somewhere because they just part in the middle and let everyone through. Will probably give this another try. Currently using a back 4 team but have Kondogbia in midfield. Would he be able to drop back as a CB using the game plans?
  • FarPostGhost
    Which positions do you have Raul, Henry & Figo in?
  • FarPostGhost
    Nice guide and interesting, played a guy playing like this last night, He had a version of Cavani who murdered me. Might give it a go tonight as I’m in between formations at the minute, started playing 4222 enjoying it but dropped 1k skill points since switching.

Team will look like this after switch

juwh0p.png

Nice team, Lukaku’s a monster at LWB, played him there since he was released. How’s Klose? Love his stats but the heigh5 worries me a bit.

Also, do you find mil-sav a bit limited in the LCM role? I like a crossing dribbling option there.
  • FarPostGhost
    Kove wrote: »
    I know what you are doing here but this is clearly the best place for Mike Bassett memes and if you don't know why then shame.

MY TEAM WILL BE PLAYING 5-2-2 ******* -1
  • Kove

There it is

• FarPostGhost

There it is

I’m welling up

• Kove

There it is

I’m welling up

You are making me want to buy IF Wogt back!
  • shady93
    226 posts Sunday League Hero
    90 henry lw raul st and figo rw.
    6 goals from crosses 1 game i felt so dirty but its better than timed finesse from 30 yards 😂
  • FarPostGhost

There it is

I’m welling up

You are making me want to buy IF Wogt back!

Best player on the game, 492 goals in 364 games now.

And 9 assists.

• FarPostGhost
    90 henry lw raul st and figo rw.
    6 goals from crosses 1 game i felt so dirty but its better than timed finesse from 30 yards 😂
    That’s insane, who’s heading them in?
  • FarPostGhost
    Played a few rivals games tonight, Wout got 4 in two of them a hatrik in 3 and scored one in the remaining 2 (which were losses to be fair).
  • strings79
    1873 posts Fans' Favourite
    Played a few rivals games tonight, Wout got 4 in two of them a hatrik in 3 and scored one in the remaining 2 (which were losses to be fair).

whats your team ?
  • WryLucky
    701 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Lol, even more reason to do that Costa Futswap sbc.
  • win123vn
    367 posts Sunday League Hero
    my squad, I tried yesterday, Icardi had 3 goals :wink: !!!
    targetman.jpg