fifa 19 final player reviews is he worth it FT cr7,petit,bale,nedved etc

ManyakFC
2063 posts Fans' Favourite
edited December 2018
So this week marks my final week of fifa and weekend league so i thought id give a review of the players ive used and if they are worth the coins.

having been fortunate enough to accumilate a significant amount of coins this year here are the expensive players ive tried and postitions they played and if they were worth it.

please note : i have not used the timed finesse shot all year so i dont know how these cards play with the abuse of that mechanic, i just shoot with the old fifa mechanic so pretty much 80% of my goals are power shots.

Let me start with the best player i used this fifa and that is CR7

cost atm : 2.1mil formation : 4-2-3-1 used for: 30 games, scored 49 goals, assisted 17 goals

he is literally unstoppable. when you are patient and wait for his run there is no stopping him. and from near post corners he is the most OP headerer of the ball. i cant even count the amount of goals i scored with him just from corners this WL. he scores goals with ease with the shot power and his pace really sets him above other players and even icons in the game. what a fantastic card

Gareth Bale

played wide Cam for me on the left and ive used him for over 340 games he has 262 goals with 113 assists

bales height and jumping set him apart from other wingers since he wins 8/10 headers you send to him. especially when he is out wide VS LB/RB not many who can knock on like he can. for the 240kish hees going for right now absolute bargain. personally i like strong fast players so he suits my playstyle along with a rocket shot on him accross goal. most people wonder Bale or Mbappe but the truth is they are two diff players. bale is a powerforce whereas mbappe is the better dribller and more agile so depending on your playstyle pick and choose.

Johan Cruyff 89 version

Played at ST for me in a 4-4-1-1 probably not best suited as a lone striker but being a new icon i had to try him all i can say is if you have the coins and want a player that will bring fun to the game then you must try out this card. so fun to skill with, great shot, and his dribbling animations are sublime!

91 Ronaldinho played at CAM and ST

i bought him for 2.2mil at the time, sold him for 2.8mil which is around how much he costs these days give or take a few 100k. at the time he was a machine for me scoring finesse shots and power shots galore, agile, great strength and dribblng animations, he is also very fun to use! if you have the coins i do recommend him as he does bring fun to the game especially if you use skills. and i recommend playing him at CAM as i found him to be most effective there with his passing and shooting.

Pavel Nedved 86 + 89 versions

Nedveds 86 card was great on the wing in a 4-3-2-1 formation, scores with both feet etc used him start of fifa so not many defensive options for people back then to contain him dont really have much to say im sure there are plenty of better cards now then that 86 winger so probably not worth it HOWEVER

the 89 version used as my CCAM on 7 chem is incredible! worth every penny of that 1mil or so you spend on him. the 5* WF and 4*skills really help, hees strong on the ball, has a rocket shot and fantastic passing, agility, and finishing. if you ever needed a CAM that can do it all he is your guy

89 MVB

not much to say about this card, scored an incredible amount of goals for me pre patch, didnt use after patches as i prefer 4* skills on a striker at least. but he was a goal machine that scored from every angle deffo worth it though as everyone still raves about him in icons thread.

86 varane and VVD

86 varane was the best CB ive used this year. hees pretty much an icon level CB, alongside big virgil best CB partnership for me so if you ever find yourself in a choice between Varane and ramos just go for varane definetly the best option.

and finally the creme de la creme of worth it cards 88 Petit

The BEST defensive mid i have used this year. the guy is EVERYWHERE he has it all, never gets tired, strong, wins 9/10 headers, decent paced on the ball, fantastic passer, long shots for days. for 1mil or so he is worth every penny if you need a icon CDM or even if you dont. there are times where he just comes out of nowhere to make a block honestly anyone who has used this card will understand how pivitol he is for a team HIGHLY recommend this card if you have the coins.

Honorable mentions:

90 henry - great on the ball, great finesse shots, quick, agile used him as a Striker but for the 1.5mil he costs you can find better alternatives and ways to spend your coins.

90 Bergkamp- also a great card, if you are on a budget he can be a great CF/lone striker he has the strength and shooting to do a great job for you recommend giving him a go because when i had him he rarely missed a shot

POTM sterling- used mainly as a sub but he is surprisingly strong on the ball (because of his high dribbling) and he has quite a rocket shot (maybe because of chem style or whatver cos base stats dont suggest so) but he does play like an elite winger for anyone who was able to complete him. i dunno but for me the pace and ability to shoot accross goal makes me say he deserves a mention.

oscar de marcos - 82 IF you cant go wrong with this card, 6ft, fantastic jumping and defending and strength, for 25k he is an absolute bargain if you need a la liga RB.

Hope this helps you guys that will continue to play this game. as for me i just cant be bothered for it anymore. the timed finesse they introduced this year really put me off fifa so im going to give my account to my mate and switch over to ps4 to try some games such as god of war and spiderman.

oh and one more thing.

Happy New Year to you all!! , may it be a joyous and fruitful one for you and your families!
Post edited by ManyakFC on

Comments

• hjdjydyufu
    7506 posts League Winner
    First...thanks!

Second...why are you done playing?

Hate to see a team like never get used again.
  • lewspaz
    681 posts Semi-Pro
    Nice reviews and really helpful on a couple players I was looking at. Nice one mate happy new year to you too.
  • ManyakFC
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »
    First...thanks!

this is the team i ran this weekend league, managed to snag gold 1 in my last game, truth be told im tired of putting time and effort into a game and still being at the same level because of new game mechanics etc. those timed finesse shots really are a joke. i actually enjoyed the game at the start until people abused the game mechanics really shows how bad the gameplay actually is with all the AI defending longshots and if one somehow gets through it hits the post/bar all the time. id rather play something fun not stressful to be honest.

also im switching over to ps4 and giving my account to my mate so at least he will make use of the team

65e83c5854e0fa472d4975e76bf969c6.png
  • ManyakFC
    lewspaz wrote: »
    Nice reviews and really helpful on a couple players I was looking at. Nice one mate happy new year to you too.

glad i could be a help, what players specifically you looking at maybe i can go more in depth for you
  • hjdjydyufu
    7506 posts League Winner
    ManyakFC wrote: »
    First...thanks!

this is the team i ran this weekend league, managed to snag gold 1 in my last game, truth be told im tired of putting time and effort into a game and still being at the same level because of new game mechanics etc. those timed finesse shots really are a joke. i actually enjoyed the game at the start until people abused the game mechanics really shows how bad the gameplay actually is with all the AI defending longshots and if one somehow gets through it hits the post/bar all the time. id rather play something fun not stressful to be honest.

also im switching over to ps4 and giving my account to my mate so at least he will make use of the team

@ManyakFC Got you!

I agree timed finesse suck. I hate coming up agaisnt them and I havent figured them out myself yet.
  • ManyakFC
    ManyakFC wrote: »
    First...thanks!

@ManyakFC Got you!

I agree timed finesse suck. I hate coming up agaisnt them and I havent figured them out myself yet.

im sure if i tried to figure it out i would but its just so repetitive theres no fun left in the game with that . its literally getting it 25 yards from goal with any player on his strong foot and finessing. all the goals are the same lol wheres the fun in that