EA, be honest about button delay

gutman22
681 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited December 2018
Let's face it, a lot of people are having trouble with button delay. Since EA doesn't have the brain required to fix it I'll make a suggestion that would at least give us the choice to play or not based on one little thing that most of serious competitive games have... latency in milliseconds (ms) and server's ip. Rather than an untrustworthy latency bar we NEED to have the latency displayed during the connection and also during the game.

So basically ADD the ip of the server which we are connecting and the latency for the home and away team during the whole game. That's a very simple thing to do. If you support this idea leave your comment below.

@EA_Andy @RadioShaq

Comments

• Retro_G
    28149 posts Player of the Year
    I play on their dedicated servers between 10ms, 30ms, still have awful unresponsive gameplay. I can check the ping of the server on my netduma router. We should be able to see our opponents ping. It's no coincidence that the majority of my unresponsive games are against people from countries like Spain/Italy/Portugal etc.
  • Recoba
    3592 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2018
    Has to be a a big network/game code structural problem, they don't have a quick fix for it.
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Button delay, players on ice skates, no ball control, every tackle bouncing back to the opposition, Rio scoring 45 yard bangers, reversing patches without saying, AI chasing you down and making tackles with no user input, so many issues it’s incredibks thus game was ever released.
  • Retro_G
    28149 posts Player of the Year
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    Button delay, players on ice skates, no ball control, every tackle bouncing back to the opposition, Rio scoring 45 yard bangers, reversing patches without saying, AI chasing you down and making tackles with no user input, so many issues it’s incredibks thus game was ever released.

What's the point in buying new multiplayer games anymore? They're all rushed, unfinished and it's not only Fifa.
  • gutman22
    681 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2018
    Retro_G wrote: »
    I play on their dedicated servers between 10ms, 30ms, still have awful unresponsive gameplay. I can check the ping of the server on my netduma router. We should be able to see our opponents ping. It's no coincidence that the majority of my unresponsive games are against people from countries like Spain/Italy/Portugal etc.
    I can see the server's ip with my dd-wrt modified router. I have the same situation as you. Average of 30ms but a very inconsistent gameplay. I have a low bufferbloat as well. I have already tried everything.
  • TriXinised
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    For me the delay has been so bad this weekend too..
  • Noob_FC
    3149 posts National Call-Up
    I don't know about button delay much... But my heal to heal are not registered for 90% of the times... The players just walk in front.... Don't know what is the issue...