The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Who is the most important player in Fifa ?

cn coyb
333 posts Sunday League Hero
Who is the most important player to buy? Not necessarily the best player but the most vital for a team E.g Viera isn’t as good as R9 but is he more important due to his position

Comments

• iRusty_yo
    3981 posts National Call-Up
    GK
  • Steelcitysniper
    1566 posts Play-Off Hero
    Any player with timed finesse
  • cn coyb
    Any player with timed finesse
    True 😂
  • bullettoot
    585 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The AI.
  • cn coyb
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    GK

I used prime Yashin and he felt only a bit better than De Gea is he really that essential
  • bullettoot
    585 posts An Exciting Prospect
    On the serious note. Used to think tha midfield is most important. Tried Ballack, Gerrard, Keane and a lot others midfieldrs, they undoubtely change the game, but after trying CR7 for sure I can say he is most important.
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    If anyone CR7 probably.

Strictly from a price perspective, Vieira is good but you can get players like kante, matuidi, naingolon who are not exactly as good as Vieira but can do 75% what he can. CR7 will literally bag you in an extra goal/ goals you don't deserve every game.

But this is really down to preference, i've always valued attackers more
  • cn coyb
    bullettoot wrote: »
    On the serious note. Used to think tha midfield is most important. Tried Ballack, Gerrard, Keane and a lot others midfieldrs, they undoubtely change the game, but after trying CR7 for sure I can say he is most important.

Ye CR7 is unbelievable I’m just wondering if it’s worth seeing how important viera is because he’s over 3 mill for a defensive player which is rare
  • cn coyb
    Stkyfngz wrote: »
    If anyone CR7 probably.

Strictly from a price perspective, Vieira is good but you can get players like kante, matuidi, naingolon who are not exactly as good as Vieira but can do 75% what he can. CR7 will literally bag you in an extra goal/ goals you don't deserve every game.

Stkyfngz wrote: »
    If anyone CR7 probably.

True, thanks
  • ShadowofEnigma
    204 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What formation are you guys using with CR7? I've tried multiple formations, multiple teammates, and can't seem to do much with him? Yeah I've gotten a few goals that were awesome with him, but not making me extra goals like you guys seem to be getting with him.
  • Gustawsson
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    CR7 and his ❤️❤️❤️❤️ factor. Playing him as ST in 4231
  • KinggHuss
    2057 posts Fans' Favourite
    CR7
  • Eroberto
    1506 posts Play-Off Hero
    Middle or prime gullit and prime matthaus are probably the most important.
  • EA
  • Vaporduff777
    572 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Messi.
  • Leyboi86
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    Normal laxazette
  • Antiseen
    1383 posts Play-Off Hero
    Value for money cb matthaus, play 5 atb switch him to cm/cdm in game tactics.
  • delpieroalex
    463 posts An Exciting Prospect
    CR7.
  • cn coyb
    What formation are you guys using with CR7? I've tried multiple formations, multiple teammates, and can't seem to do much with him? Yeah I've gotten a few goals that were awesome with him, but not making me extra goals like you guys seem to be getting with him.

I used 41212 narrow woth UCL Aguero up top
  • cn coyb
    Eroberto wrote: »
    Middle or prime gullit and prime matthaus are probably the most important.

Ye Gullit looks rediculous definitely someone I need to try he’s second on my list after middle R9
  • SimenHP
    2096 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gullit is always the most important. He can play every single position, even a gk because of his height. Yes I actually tried him there for fun in Fifa 18 :wink:

He can shoot, dribble, bully defenders, defend, pass, win header, play without getting tired through the whole game and everything else you want and need.

Best in every position (their best card atm):

GK: De Gea
    LB: Carlos and Marcelo
    CB: Maldini, Ferdinand and Blanc
    RB: Zanetti, Cancelo and Lala. Flashback Alves is great too, but can be attacking to much.
    CDM: Vieira
    CM: Gullit and Matthaus
    CAM/CF: Gullit, Messi, Cruyff, Neymar and Pele and Socrates
    ST: R9, CR7, Emilio, Eusebio, Cruyff.
    RM/RW/RF: Best, Messi, Figo
    LM/LW/LF: Neymar, Nedved, R10 and Hazard
  • cn coyb
    SimenHP wrote: »
    Gullit is always the most important. He can play every single position, even a gk because of his height. Yes I actually tried him there for fun in Fifa 18 :wink:

He can shoot, dribble, bully defenders, defend, pass, win header, play without getting tired through the whole game and everything else you want and need.

RB: Zanetti, Cancelo and Lala. Flashback Alves is great too, but can be attacking to much.

Think you’ve convinced me to get Gullit next thanks haha
  • RexAnglo1066
    2482 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2018
    All positions are equally valid.

None are more or less important.

Terrible defence leaks goals, making it an uphill battle regardless of your attacking talent.

Awful goalkeeper costs you matches, great keeper win you matches as much as any striker.

The question is more which kind of players are the best and how to balance then in a team.

I play 3 at the back, with a screening, deep lying defensive midfielder sitting in front.

Then I play 4 midfield players sitting in front of the defensive mid, 2 each side, with one in a more conventional left/right centre mid role and one in a more advanced winger type role who also act as part of a 6 man attack when going forward with the front 3. .

I then play 3 forwards, one conventional striker and two fast advanced wingers...a bit like the Liverpool trio.

If money were no object my ideal team would set up like this:

DeGea
    Maldini Ferdinand Marcelo

Vieira

C.Ronaldo Gullit Messi
    Ronaldinho

Cruyff Pele
    Ronaldo

The formation is slightly tilted on the wings as Pele drops back ever so slightly and CR7 pushes up slightly.
  • Antiseen
    1383 posts Play-Off Hero
    cn coyb wrote: »
    SimenHP wrote: »

Think you’ve convinced me to get Gullit next thanks haha

I’d add mbappe and Alex Sandro and get figo out