How many % of the goals you concede are timed finesse shots?

Richard
11394 posts Has That Special Something
Choose the number closest to what you believe.

How many % of the goals you concede are timed finesse shots? 105 votes

10%
9%
Andy99TradeZPiemanMasscheranoWhomanSupaNoodle1990FinneganFachDutch007GoonerJoe88AlexM1218GriezLightning 10 votes
20%
6%
LeonidasJBbhafc1901Dave HockadayRyan10gcoldri1Retro_GEl_Nino 7 votes
30%
17%
JJSmudgeDiggyThe Kennys 22Muzza11DurbanFC Pughy30tom00KnowlesdinhoSkywalker XVIITheDreamerF1FA_WaRmggege17Moe_SzyslakMojoJojo2easym8BaccaTheNetTorn4do 18 votes
40%
6%
AnDrEwThEdOnRichardFinesse_4daysShutupMcRavenColt_seeversAjaxLegends 7 votes
50%
10%
DarthGrowlerUgriholloway22Bbbbbbbbtherealmerk33aceofknaves73FatZedFrankFrankThunder001RebelRobPsyclon13 11 votes
60%
7%
Bobb ChrisLFCAddicksfanBarley15BiigDeeRoosGianniKnrdxHollandman 8 votes
70%
11%
DoddsCR7>007Mathew1606fifaUTbenManTrainKeanosturges12345WattaguntPhil0501Mike010Duncan1972Geordielad123 12 votes
80%
13%
NenTh3 UK SmurfsamthederbyramEquinox 85JohnDoeEverton1878JayzynathswfcDr_GreenthumbCarlos181hjdjydyufuBeroeFarPostGhostmonthepars 14 votes
90%
10%
RynoALZAYYYDOMinantCrazy Creaky JrRecobao ShifTyZz o'96dc2CovLee_CandiceAsht1981mjusticJohns 11 votes
100%
6%
AdamskiPepe Le DiLzZ ReusSummer69ImmigrantMentalityccooaattssyySmokerapper 7 votes

Comments

• AjaxLegends
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    40%
    Not sure but less than half of them or timed finesse.
  • Knowlesdinho
    9221 posts League Winner
    30%
    If the poll was how many times do people attempt timed finesse shots I’d answer 100%.
  • Dodds
    7644 posts League Winner
    70%
    The goals that aren't, usually start off as a finesse and then end up with a rebound or a corner.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    13538 posts Has That Special Something
    10%
    Barely concede them cos I move the keeper quite well.

Most I concede are rebounds or from weird deflections
  • Carlos181
    3594 posts National Call-Up
    80%
    Can’t remember the last time I conceded a simple through ball pass.
  • Pughy30
    24843 posts Club Captain
    30%
    I play at a **** elo where people don't do them a lot but when i watch streamers and pro's it feels like 90% of all goals are timed finesse shots
  • 100%
    i'm incredibly skilled at the game but don't believe in moving the keeper or using timed finesse.
  • BiigDee
    4329 posts National Call-Up
    60%
    Over half, the rest are own goals from ping pong in my box and cut backs. It’s been a while since I had a goal against me that left me feeling it was a good goal.
  • Richard
    40%
    i'm incredibly skilled at the game but don't believe in moving the keeper or using timed finesse.

Quality stuff Dave.
  • RebelRob
    4618 posts National Call-Up
    50%
    Can only approximate due to not keeping stats.

The other 50% are rebound goals or ones where I’ve talked them but they still get through my defence.
  • Richard
    edited December 2018
    40%
    RebelRob wrote: »

The other 50% are rebound goals or ones where I’ve talked them but they still get through my defence.

"Hey you, don't go through my defence"
  • Bob_Dylan
    19184 posts World Class
    0%
  • nickmack
    458 posts Sunday League Hero
    BiigDee wrote: »
    Over half, the rest are own goals from ping pong in my box and cut backs. It’s been a while since I had a goal against me that left me feeling it was a good goal.

This. I've played long enough now to know the difference between someone who can create and score a decent goal against me and a 'gift' from EA or an exploit, which most seem to be.
  • FinneganFach
    2103 posts Fans' Favourite
    10%
    I put 10% but only because you didn't include a <10% option.

Anyone that's put >30/40% is probably over estimating via confirmation bias and anyone putting >60/70% is just simply chatting rubbish to be honest.

Timed shooting is terrible, it's a problem, it should just be removed and I'm a big fan of seeing it gone.

But wild exaggeration isn't really going to help anyone either.
  • Richard
    40%

Anyone that's put >30/40% is probably over estimating via confirmation bias and anyone putting >60/70% is just simply chatting rubbish to be honest.

Timed shooting is terrible, it's a problem, it should just be removed and I'm a big fan of seeing it gone.

Where do you finish in WL and what division in rivals are you in? There is a correlation between that and timed finesse goals, trust me.
  • RebelRob
    4618 posts National Call-Up
    50%
    Richard wrote: »
    RebelRob wrote: »

"Hey you, don't go through my defence"

Man, rage typing make me stoopid 🙈
  • ccooaattssyy
    5294 posts Big Money Move
    100%
    Such a gimmicky feature.

I get the idea but it’s impossible to balance.
  • FinneganFach
    2103 posts Fans' Favourite
    10%

Where do you finish in WL and what division in rivals are you in? There is a correlation between that and timed finesse goals, trust me.

I can accept that, maybe the dig at people claiming 30/40% is a bit unfair. I imagine people better at defending than I am concede a higher ratio of timed long shots.

You're right, I only ever finish in the Golds in WL.

But really, people are seriously conceding 7 out of 10 goals as timed finishing from twenty yards? I'm not buying it.
  • McRaven
    3925 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2018
    40%
    First Fifa where I don't want to get better or go in a higher division because of all the timed finesses. Div 4 is all right. Just playing football and having fun. The higher I get the sweatier it gets and I reallyyyyt hate timed finishing. Sure low drivens were a bit OP, but atleast players had to get into your box. Now all everybody does is dragback and finesse outside your box. That's not football :joy:
  • Retro_G
    26730 posts Player of the Year
    20%
    The most common goals I concede are first time finesse shots, without timed finishing.
  • BrentfordFC
    10736 posts Has That Special Something
    I’d probably say less than 10%. As others have said. Mostly rebounds or deflections go in vs me.
  • Muzza11
    7469 posts League Winner
    30%
    Most of the goals I concede are rebounds or deflections.
  • Richard
    40%

I can accept that, maybe the dig at people claiming 30/40% is a bit unfair. I imagine people better at defending than I am concede a higher ratio of timed long shots.

But really, people are seriously conceding 7 out of 10 goals as timed finishing from twenty yards? I'm not buying it.

Very much agree, 40% sounds reasonable for me all bias aside.
  • hjdjydyufu
    6785 posts Big Money Move
    80%
    I hate it. Probably hate it more bc I can't successfully do them yet
  • ChrisLFC
    6841 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2018
    60%
    My rating hovers around 2000. At a level that high its just **** spamming time finesse with icons/Mbappe/Ronaldo
  • iitalic
    1708 posts Play-Off Hero

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CompassionatePertinentAvocet-size_restricted.gif
    https://thumbs.gfycat.com/VelvetyDismalDegus-size_restricted.gif

why would you try to score any other way when this is so easy/affective
  • holdenwait
    53618 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    I saw that aa9z whatever guys30-0 video, I felt so disgusted all his goals with Cruyff were exactly same .. Bs timed finesse from top of the box, yawn
  • Pauldejong6
    6156 posts Big Money Move
    60% is my guess, 15% ko goals, 20% bs in any way. That leaves 5% 'valid' goals against.
  • Ryan10g
    1501 posts Play-Off Hero
    20%
    Not as many as I would think. But one timed finesse would be alot higher
  • LeonidasJB
    14865 posts World Class
    20%
    Not that many. Probably concede as many cutbacks and also headers from corners, dinked crosses.