Please suggest a CDM for my team

greif44
2359 posts Fans' Favourite
Cheers mates.
Looking for CDM for my squad, running 352 with RTTF SMS and RTTF Marcos Alonso as CDMs. Both go forward too much even if I instruct them to stay back. I need someone who will work more in the defense rather that support the attack (M/H or M/M if that works). I already have SMS as big guy, so it can be someone more agile, just want him to do the dirty work and be more defensive.
I was thinking about doing Keane (how is he?), but open to other options - icons <1 million, Brasil, Spain or maybe even BPL.
Any suggestions?

Comments

• P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13001 posts Has That Special Something
    Prime Keane
    IF L.Leiva
  • FijiBoy
    262 posts Sunday League Hero
    Kante is a beast in defence.
  • BaccaTheNet
    896 posts Professional
    Keane
  • greif44
    Prime Keane
    IF L.Leiva

Leiva looks good and will perfectly fit into my team, is his stamina an issue? I want my CDM to last 2 full games without being subbed before I apply squad fitness.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    greif44 wrote: »
    Prime Keane
    IF L.Leiva

Leiva looks good and will perfectly fit into my team, is his stamina an issue? I want my CDM to last 2 full games without being subbed before I apply squad fitness.

Wasn't an issue for me mate, but I don't just control my CDM and run 100mph with them at my opponents...lol if your like me he'll do just fine for you dude
  • greif44
    edited December 2018
    Prime Keane
    IF L.Leiva

Wasn't an issue for me mate, but I don't just control my CDM and run 100mph with them at my opponents...lol if your like me he'll do just fine for you dude

Thanks mate, I'll give him a try. Still tempted to do Keane though lol
  • JMUIRHEAD
    506 posts An Exciting Prospect
    IF Leiva is perfect if you want someone to stay back. I use Nainggolan as he just gets everywhere
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Prime Keane
    IF L.Leiva

Keane is a perfect CDM
  • greif44
    JMUIRHEAD wrote: »
    IF Leiva is perfect if you want someone to stay back. I use Nainggolan as he just gets everywhere

I have TOTGS Parolo and he's been better than Nainggolan to me. But I'm looking for someone who won't contribute to attack that much
    MHoney1234 wrote: »
    Prime Keane
    IF L.Leiva

Keane is a perfect CDM

probably will do him in a week or two, just did Costa and almost out of coins atm
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    Prime Keane
    IF L.Leiva

I had IF Leiva for over 100 games before I packed UCL nainggolan untradeable. Recently done Keane myself and he's brilliant mate. I'd definitely do the loan Keane and try him for yourself. It's cheap and you can then try both of them for yourself
    @greif44
  • SKILLED_NOOB1
    1945 posts Play-Off Hero
    I just bought prime Makelele and he's incredible. Payed a bit Bit over a million, I got one on bid for 1,000,030.

Staying till tots if not the whole year, he's been that good for me. L/h too so he's always in position. With anchor he's rapid, strong, aggressive, the whole lot.
  • tezmacfifa
    1899 posts Fans' Favourite
    Keane for me, had him before the hype and he was amazing, so pleased he's in the SBC as well
  • TopCat
    533 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just get UCL Allan and improve elsewhere
  • greif44
    TopCat wrote: »

I had NIF for a while, he was ok but his passing is ****. And that was in October.
    I just bought prime Makelele and he's incredible. Payed a bit Bit over a million, I got one on bid for 1,000,030.

Staying till tots if not the whole year, he's been that good for me. L/h too so he's always in position. With anchor he's rapid, strong, aggressive, the whole lot.

Thanks for the option. Not sure what should I aim - buy Makelele or do Keane SBC. Statswise I like Keane better tbh
  • SKILLED_NOOB1
    1945 posts Play-Off Hero

I had NIF for a while, he was ok but his passing is ****. And that was in October.

Thanks for the option. Not sure what should I aim - buy Makelele or do Keane SBC. Statswise I like Keane better tbh

Depends what stats you look for. I prefer Makelele.
    The nerfing of chem styles this year has made my choice of players even more limited.

Makelele is alot faster and more agile, I'd have to use shadow on Keane and lose out on physical boosts. But Keane has mach better passing and shooting, scored a screamer against me the other day.

I got Petit at Lcm to win headers in midfield. Makelele is basically Kante on steroids.

Probably can't go wrong with either. Or both!
  • greif44

Depends what stats you look for. I prefer Makelele.
    The nerfing of chem styles this year has made my choice of players even more limited.

Makelele is alot faster and more agile, I'd have to use shadow on Keane and lose out on physical boosts. But Keane has mach better passing and shooting, scored a screamer against me the other day.

I got Petit at Lcm to win headers in midfield. Makelele is basically Kante on steroids.

Probably can't go wrong with either. Or both!

I think I`ll go with loan Keane first to see if he can give what I need. Don`t really need both, I`d like one of my CDMs to be like SMS/Pogba who can support attack, shoot, win headers and do skill moves. Appreciate your input, mate!
  • Batman_Llanber
    1161 posts Professional
    Keano
  • 88Has
    478 posts Sunday League Hero
    Why not just buy kante nif and play alongside pogba..
  • greif44
    88Has wrote: »
    Why not just buy kante nif and play alongside pogba..

tbh I hate Kante just because he`s in every **** team, I try to stay away from meta things in game