How to improve on FUT?

RobBanner
236 posts Sunday League Hero
I've just been promoted to division 3 and I envisage this will be my peak unless I look to improve in ways other than playing game after game.

I've watched videos from the likes of Dhtekkz and Gorilla who both show how effective timed finishing is (not to mention that the majority of goals I concede are timed finesse shots from outside the box). I've not used timed finishing myself yet, however it seems I should get to grips with it to improve, what's the best way to practice timed finishing? (Arena or in game?)

And does anybody else have any other advice on improving? What skill moves are effective etc.

Thanks

Comments

• RobBanner
    BUMP
  • RobBanner
    RobBanner wrote: »
    BUMP

• Smudge
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    Advanced shooting skill game
  • BeardGang
    1879 posts Fans' Favourite
    I just wanna know how all the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ defend and let the computer tackle me every time
  • Romassi13
    46 posts Park Captain
    - learn Timed Finesse
    - Learn goal keeper movement
    - Watch Tutorials and Focus on one new thing you want to add to your Game this Session (for example a new Skill Move, Defending strategy)
    - Dont Play when angry (!!!)
    - advanced: Record your games and Rewatch them, you will find so many mistakes this way
    - practise a lot

These helped me
  • RobBanner
    Thanks guys
  • I need more help just dont have a clue on DIV 6 keep losing to counter high pressing teams really frustrating´.
    always just manage Silver 3 :(
  • Jonboyparker
    6100 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2018
    I need more help just dont have a clue on DIV 6 keep losing to counter high pressing teams really frustrating´.

Watch your opponent and predict their plays. Most people stick to one way of playing. The more you play, the more you see.

Pressing teams will go for the ball quick and intercept your fast passes. Take control and pass away from them. Look for their spaces. They will constantly leave the same space.

Have you found some custom tactics you like using? What console are you on?
  • RobBanner
    I need more help just dont have a clue on DIV 6 keep losing to counter high pressing teams really frustrating´.

Best thing to do is keep playing games at that level imo. Can improve a lot by just playing as opposed to learning timed finishing etc
  • Cheesyballs1970
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    edited December 2018
    think i get better like today then get thrashed a few times struggling always against high pressing counter teams tried deeper defending pressing etc but always keep losing the ball keeping conceding goals really frustrating

Im on Xbox one always like my 4 4 2 i cant playwith 4 4 3 at all tried other formations :(

i treid deeper defending and fast build up sometimes work but too press on losing the ball or balanced but sometimes nothing works
  • Jonboyparker
    edited December 2018
    RobBanner wrote: »

Best thing to do is keep playing games at that level imo. Can improve a lot by just playing as opposed to learning timed finishing etc

Defiantly. Just learning basic fifa mechanics and controlling the ball will help. I not taking about the OP stuff. The more you play, the more you see as I said.

Also, try to pick up a new skill every week. Losing a few games practicing is worth it in the long run.
  • Jonboyparker
    think i get better like today then get thrashed a few times struggling always against high pressing counter teams tried deeper defending pressing etc but always keep losing the ball keeping conceding goals really frustrating

Chances are when you lose the ball, you give it straight back. Passing too fast is a big mistake in this game. Pass into space. Make sure you look where your passing. Get the ball and move it away from their players. Take control and then you can start your attack
  • Cheesyballs1970
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    edited December 2018
    i like defend and the ball bounces straight back to the others yes. tried slower passing but u get pressed so fast you have no time :(

what also frustrating is the others always seem to defend that they press on your strikers yet my defenders seem to be miles away :(