Roy Keane review

88Has
478 posts Sunday League Hero
Hi guys

Was wondering what Roy Keane is like..

Wanted to use with kante and matuidi futmas.

Is it worth the coins and 700k? Or is pogba better?

Comments

• P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12988 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2018
    I did loan card and only lasted 8 games before realising he's legit for a CDM role. So done him. Hrs class for me. Breaks up play brilliantly
  • 88Has
    I did loan card and only lasted 8 games before realising he's legit for a CDM role. So done him. Hrs class for me. Breaks up play brilliantly

As good or better than kante?
  • raeserbil
    105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have Kante and Pogba as CDMs in a 4-2-3-1. Used his loan card for 20 matches as CDM instead of Pogba and I must say I am tempted to do his SBC. I found him much better than Pogba in that position. Pogba is better in attacking and providing alternatives in the offense but as a CDM I think that prime Keane is better.
  • BaccaTheNet
    896 posts Professional
    I have done Keane and don’t regret it at all will only replace him with prime petit or viera
  • Raider
    3449 posts National Call-Up
    great defensively and passing wise, runs for ages as well, however i dont think he's worth doing, there's plenty of decent defensive minded cdms, yet they all lack finishing, and keane isnt an exception
  • MUFC_420
    1873 posts Play-Off Hero
    Absolutely brilliant for me no complaints at all loved watching him growing up so it's great to have him in my team. However as much as I loved him he will be going into the Vieira SBC when it comes along as I really want Vieira this year I've always been PS4 and quit early last year so never had him in my team.
  • MortiferVaughan
    194 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've only got the 87 team to do, but only have about 39k coins and no one of worthy to sale, so just debating whether to choose coins every week as my rivals rewards to build enough or risk it on the tradable packs.
    I've got enough time to make it, and it may seem silly to invest so much time in trying to complete a SBC for a CDM (when actually Futswap Lerma is doing a great job) but as a United fan as soon as I saw his SBC pop up I decided I needed him to captain my team :)
  • 88Has
    Yeah seems like he's only for a short period.. maybe I'll give it a miss even tho I'm a United fan
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12988 posts Has That Special Something
    88Has wrote: »

They are different types of CDM's imho. Keane is a ball winning grafter with an eye for a pass
  • 88Has
    88Has wrote: »

They are different types of CDM's imho. Keane is a ball winning grafter with an eye for a pass

End game material or just another midfielder?
  • SPN1987
    2044 posts Fans' Favourite
    Why do ppl want to do his SBC? He is not that much cheaper than his tradeable version. I hate being stuck with players. I barely complete untradeable SBC's.
  • Furrag85
    1751 posts Play-Off Hero
    I enjoy playing against Keane, and was bouyed this WL to see so many using his loan card.

Nainggolan, Kante, Fabinho and Matuidi are far more annoying to play against.
  • MUFC_420
    1873 posts Play-Off Hero
    SPN1987 wrote: »
    Why do ppl want to do his SBC? He is not that much cheaper than his tradeable version. I hate being stuck with players. I barely complete untradeable SBC's.

Cost me 300k after packs and untradables so for me it was well worth it.
  • Foxsake
    1930 posts Fans' Favourite
    But you could have saved the untradables for something better. So it don’t really cost 300k fed up with people trying to make the sbc sound better for them as they know the card ain’t all that.
    MUFC_420 wrote: »

• xFATAL
    4042 posts National Call-Up
    Cost me 470k after the packs. So I essentially got a useable icon for 470k that I can submit later on for a 100k pack and progress towards a bigger icon down the road. Pretty much a no brainer for me.
  • Cbn
    594 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2018
    4231 and Torrera outshines he in every game as a second CDM. Done it for next big icon sbsc
  • mosmartin
    377 posts Sunday League Hero
    Foxsake wrote: »
    But you could have saved the untradables for something better. So it don’t really cost 300k fed up with people trying to make the sbc sound better for them as they know the card ain’t all that.

It's not as simple as that. If you're getting like 8 untradable packs a week and then rinsing the lower rated through gold upgrade you're bound to get a lot of duplicates if you are not submitting your cards into sbcs.
    Keane cost me about 300k or less, without packs which were pants. So I got to use keane for 2WL and will probably do Ballack for around 1M in total which is not such a bad deal considering the card is 2M on the market.
  • iRusty_yo
    3921 posts National Call-Up
    Fred performs better for me than Keane. Played 20 or so games with him. Submitted him into the Rivaldo SBC. 2 WF is so bad
  • Safehands84
    3367 posts National Call-Up
    He absolutely class as a cdm. His passing is top notch, his positioning is excellent, he strong and tackles everything . However he others nothing in the final 3rd. I’m not bothered about that though as he frees my other players to bomb on as he’s there as a shield. I used all my untradeables to get him with I’m accumulated all year. Don’t regret it
  • RayS
    25313 posts Player of the Year
    He gud
  • win123vn
    456 posts An Exciting Prospect
    hmm I also consider about him. anymore review pls
  • Adrew
    228 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2018
    He is ok, not spectacular but doing his job as CDM (loan version in 20 matches DR 5)
  • johnlaker62
    1214 posts Professional
    xFATAL wrote: »
    Cost me 470k after the packs. So I essentially got a useable icon for 470k that I can submit later on for a 100k pack and progress towards a bigger icon down the road. Pretty much a no brainer for me.

He wasn’t 470k, he was 470k plus your untradeables which hold as much value as their tradeable versions. The 200k of untradeables you used are equal to the additional 200k you’ll have to spend on your next Icon Sbc without those untradeables.
  • TopClass13
    1129 posts Professional
    Also playing his loan in my fitness team.

He's very solid defensively, can make some nice passing but that's it. He's mediocre going forward. Tried him both cm and lone cdm, plays better at cdm.
  • 3MenandaBebe
    2280 posts Fans' Favourite
    I did him and Rui Costa for 1.45m overall, including the value it would cost me to re-buy untradeables back.

I got back packs where I got Pogba, Walker, bunch of other stuff bringing the cost to 900k.

I don't intend to use either of them in game, They will go into a bigger SBC, Gullit, Vieira, R9 etc, at that point, I'm getting a 100k pack back, each).

Forget their in-game, neither are great.

450k for a (prime) Icon and 100k pack is a great, great deal.

• Tboon
    2285 posts Fans' Favourite

He wasn’t 470k, he was 470k plus your untradeables which hold as much value as their tradeable versions. The 200k of untradeables you used are equal to the additional 200k you’ll have to spend on your next Icon Sbc without those untradeables.

Maybe he got some luck from the packs...
  • Springveldt
    4512 posts National Call-Up
    Foxsake wrote: »
    MUFC_420 wrote: »

Cost me around 340K or so after packs (nothing major) and using untradables. So I get a very usable Prime Icon for 340K that I can use now but will eventually be going into a Gullit, Cruyff, Eusebio SBC down the road where I will get another 100K pack back as well.

All in all, it's a good deal for me. He's actually very good in game as well.

Maybe you would like to sit on a bunch of untradable, unusable crap for months until something comes along that catches your eye but I'd rather have a prime icon in my squad that I'm going to get a couple of hundred games out of before moving on.
  • Hrh1995
    926 posts Professional
    Started the cheap ones earlier. Completed world class and rising talent, packed RTTF Aurier and De Gea, sold both for 250k.

Used about 50k of my own coins so far, lumped in some untradeables and now just got the 87 rated team to do.

Contemplating whether to sell some of my investments now to finish it...or wait until 6.

• Springveldt
    4512 posts National Call-Up

Or he used 200K of untradables and got some tradable packs in return that he turned into coins that can be used now rather than sitting in the club as untradable trash that is utterly useless.

He's also saved 200K off of a future icon purchase if he then submits Keane into another icon SBC.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.