Unpacking Icons?

ShadowofEnigma
204 posts Has Potential To Be Special
So I have quite a few friends who play FIFA, including myself.
I'm sure I'll catch flak for this but we spend money on points for packs.
Across all of us , I've never witnessed an unpacking of an Icon.
Thats fine with me, Im just wondering if anyone knows the chances, or if I'm mistaken?

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have the TOTW Messi over an Icon, but all the same, Im wondering why I have never seen one unpacked. (I've probably seen about 3-500 unpackings so far across myself and my friends)

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Steelcitysniper
    1731 posts Play-Off Hero
    Please ea! I’ll take a 400k guy! Anything!!!
  • Tasch
    706 posts Semi-Pro
    My packluck have been off the charts lately. Baby Rijkaard, baby Inzaghi and 94 R9 in 1 single week. Never had this luck in any fifa.
  • jonkero
    7221 posts Big Money Move
    Tasch wrote: »
    My packluck have been off the charts lately. Baby Rijkaard, baby Inzaghi and 94 R9 in 1 single week. Never had this luck in any fifa.

And how many did that cost you?
  • Mrmad1980
    147 posts Sunday League Hero
    Packed one icon since playing fut , was established November 2010 what ever fifa that was. 87 rated del piero, got it in a free 7.5k pack that you got when you opened the packs on World Cup mode.
  • bhafc1901
    2269 posts Fans' Favourite
    Since 2010 I've packed Vieira in 2017 and 87 Desailly untradable this year. Stopped spending anything on packs last year as the luck is so poor. 9 years, God knows how many packs and never a Messi or Ronaldo.
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    I packed 90 Gullit last year on Black Friday when he wa 4.6 million, I was amazed. This year, I packed Untradeable 89 Hagi—I was also amazed, but not quite the same.
  • aceofknaves73
    998 posts Professional
    I packed one icon it was untradeable Hernandez in fut 17 I think. I've 0layed fut since 09 and I've never packed anything as good as that prior or since. My best pull last year was Griezmann who was worth 250k at the time. My mate packed prime okacha from a draft a couple weeks back
  • Raider
    3759 posts National Call-Up
    Since 2011 never packed anything higher/more rare than 91 oblak this year...
  • Diggy
    15237 posts World Class
    I got 3 last year but still had zero at this stage last year I’m still hopeful
  • Tasch
    706 posts Semi-Pro
    jonkero wrote: »
    Tasch wrote: »

And how many did that cost you?

Actually I opened the packs with coins

• mosmartin
    418 posts Sunday League Hero
    Last year out of over 500.000 points didn't packed one icon. Then, during Tots when they are worthless, I packed three cheap ones from the rewards in the span of a few weeks. This year haven't spend anything so I don't even hope I pack one.
  • crackers07
    1200 posts Professional
    Was not going to buy fifa 18 but had a go at the trial. Packed bergkamp so had to buy the game after that.
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    3305 posts National Call-Up
    I’ve packed baby nedved and baby blanc this year, precious fifas I got nothing
  • Tboon
    4217 posts National Call-Up
    Ive packed base Laudrup and Overmars last year, both in a MM pack.

Last year I also packed Tots Messi in the untradable guaranteed la liga tots sbc.

Unfortunately ive used all my luck last year... no luck this year :(
  • foleywba
    152 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Played fut since it began, never packed an icon or messi/ronaldo.

My pack luck has seemed to improve the last couple of years but i think thats just cos I open more cos of rewards
  • watford110
    326 posts Sunday League Hero
    Packed Mid Hernandez last year before Christmas then after the World Cup crash packed baby crespo.

Nothing this year and opened a tonne of packs.
  • Noviembre17
    623 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Last year i packed baby rui costa but it was nearly in may so i could sell him only for 280k (: so i dont count it as a icon.

This year my best pull is prime kagawa
  • EisenErmin
    10927 posts Has That Special Something
    Packed 90 Butragueno (1.4 million) last week from my WL rewards out of a rare gold pack.
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    I've packed 3 icons in my time.

Lljunberg and Carragher in 2016 (I think)

Then u tradeable prime Deaillyvthis year.

I've opened A LOT of packs over the years.

3 icons but never Messi or Ronaldo
  • BigEneh
    347 posts Sunday League Hero
    Have got one icon every year last three years. Baby Rijkaart, middle Rijkaart and then Prime Rui Costa this year. Open alot of packs though.

Packed Messi in a 5k pack in 2015, been playing since 2011 never packed CR7.
  • BiigDee
    4972 posts Big Money Move
    Packed Deco an Prime Keane in 4 years and until this year I always spent silly money. Both came from Jumbo Premium Gold packs
  • deang07
    8429 posts League Winner
    packed every player known to man
    inc
    toty ronnie
    tots ronnie
    nif ronnie
    nif messi
    tots messi

and all big cards plus thier specials
    but never an icon .
    also had gr8 luk this yr but still no icon.
    fut since 2010 .
    fifa point spender.
    was xbox for 17 and ps4 18 19
  • AjaxLegends
    3891 posts National Call-Up
    Never packed an icon and never will.
  • MarchOrDie
    367 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2018
    I play FUT since 2015,never spended money, i didnt packed icons either but i packed this year cr7
  • joehuk
    5755 posts Big Money Move
    Never packed an icon and I've spent a decent amount of money in previous editions.
  • Dariusz877
    162 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Packed a sif ronaldo last year from a free pack but nothing of note worth more than 100k other than that
  • truegunn3r
    12041 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2018
    joehuk wrote: »
    Never packed an icon and I've spent a decent amount of money in previous editions.

Yeah but have you ever unpacked an icon?