• Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    pHgOuys.png
    BONZai8.png
    RH1iepB.png
    i2EFUoS.jpg
  • DB1512
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    A convincing win against a well performing Bournemouth and a solid win against relegation candidate Wolves. You have already greated a big gap between you and the ones chasing you, Poch is on his way to become a Spurs legend. Remarkable Wolves are on the bottom of the league standings, in my carreers they always perform midtable.
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    tzLDb21.png
  • subpop
    3040 posts National Call-Up
    The great run continues, but Poch himself put dark clouds on the club. How can a serious manager sell himself like this in this moment? He defines himself... what a lack of respect for the fans. I can't say I'm surprised though... once a 'Perico', always a 'Perico'. Poch = Judas.
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    DB1512 wrote: »
    A convincing win against a well performing Bournemouth and a solid win against relegation candidate Wolves. You have already greated a big gap between you and the ones chasing you, Poch is on his way to become a Spurs legend. Remarkable Wolves are on the bottom of the league standings, in my carreers they always perform midtable.

Wolves were very good in my last career so I'm surprised they are so poor this time. Poch has to decide to become a legend or go the expected route and join Madrid one day.
    subpop wrote: »
    The great run continues, but Poch himself put dark clouds on the club. How can a serious manager sell himself like this in this moment? He defines himself... what a lack of respect for the fans. I can't say I'm surprised though... once a 'Perico', always a 'Perico'. Poch = Judas.

Haha I thought you would say something like that. I even thought of starting a rumor of Barcelona wanting him just for your enjoyment. :)

Like I mentioned in Danimal's Ajax thread, the league is almost becoming too boring with Spurs. Playing on the hardest difficulty but other teams are playing so poor that I'm already 7pts ahead. Drama was needed and a possible new interim manager will be coming. Or maybe Poch stays?
  • JoshDFC
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    Poch being linked with Madrid with the way Tottenham is playing is no surprise. If Poch leaves it won't look good for Tottenhams next manager going to a club that refuses to fund their manager regardless of how successful they are
  • subpop
    Stlducks wrote: »
    DB1512 wrote: »

Wolves were very good in my last career so I'm surprised they are so poor this time. Poch has to decide to become a legend or go the expected route and join Madrid one day.
    subpop wrote: »

Haha I thought you would say something like that. I even thought of starting a rumor of Barcelona wanting him just for your enjoyment. :)

Like I mentioned in Danimal's Ajax thread, the league is almost becoming too boring with Spurs. Playing on the hardest difficulty but other teams are playing so poor that I'm already 7pts ahead. Drama was needed and a possible new interim manager will be coming. Or maybe Poch stays?

There's no way in life that a manager like Poch would end at Barcelona after the things he said... pretty much as Mourinho. In the case of Pochettino not because he is not a good manager, but for the things he said. Seriously now I don't care if he has a past, everyone has it. Luis Enrique once played for Real Madrid and Valverde himself played at Espanyol. It is because of the cheap populism of his words against us... which surprises me a bit because in general I consider him a serious man, unlike Mou.

On the story itself... I don't know. I am so poor at playing that I still find competition. Perhaps adjusting sliders... making it more manual, more injuries... whatever. I don't know how superior you feel.
  • Danimal5981
    1983 posts Play-Off Hero
    In real life, I'd say he's the ideal man to help Milan on the right track..., if not Mourinho.
    In game, I second @subpop - go level up, adjust sliders. My criteria are always to get close to realism.
    In my case with Ajax: domination in the Eredivisie, while really fighting in the Champions League is where Ajax is at with the current batch of players. But, if this was a smaller team I would of course adjust it to what reality would imply.
  • DB1512
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I don't know if you play with passing, shooting and crossing on manual instead of CP assisted, but this will improve the difficulty of the game a lot. Maybe you can try this to get a more challenging experience, at first it will be very annoying because every pass seems to go wrong but after some practice you have to be really focussed to create chances but it is also possible to present some really nice fieldplay.
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    @Danimal5981 and @db1512, I do play full manual and I'm by no means a great FIFA player, I just feel Spurs are overrated in the game. But I have adjusted sliders after checking out Operation Sports and have made it more difficult to create a challenge.
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    uq8kL9N.jpg
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    Rb8Ew66.png
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    XzfJbbS.jpg

Team of the Month
    Y264vVK.png
    Stats and Standings
    7oc3ZNf.png
    Top plays of the Month
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    skysports-transfer-window-graphic_4385641.jpg?20180810091733
    d6hWQHy.png
    KTXiam5.png
  • subpop
    Good results in this month again... sadly, the month was closed by that unexpected defeat against Watford. Still, the team enjoys a good lead in the league table.

Thankfully, the internal problems didn't have an impact in the results. In terms of signings, Lucas Alario seems a very interesting choice... however, I'm surprised with the signing of Sergi Samper. I wish I could say a different thing, but I doubt he has the level of a team like Spurs. All the best for him though.
  • Ashy
    8226 posts League Winner
    Realistic enough transfers, I feel Poch would have wanted better players than those bought, the Real Madrid rumours will still creep around as long as they fail to deliver the title or UCL, but as for Spurs he need to see this season though, the title is there for the taking and a good European run will be massive for the clubs finances next summer
  • Wyojasond
    9074 posts League Winner
    Some solid signings for sure. Team is comfortably ahead in the league but if Liverpool stops drawing all the damn time they will be right there
  • JoshDFC
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    Some good signings but not signings that I feel will greatly improve the team with better players already in them positions although Spurs do need some more depth