Tottenham S1 | End of January

Comments

• subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    The last couple of games show the impressive attack this team have. But, for a change, the defense completed two clean sheets. The run of results is perfect... the team is flying and I don't see a reason why it couldn't continue. A 4 point lead with a game in hand is fantastic... It has to be the season? It will be the season!
  • WestardLord
    1396 posts Professional
    edited January 13
    Considering how Spursy the Spurs can be, I sort of agree with Sherwood. It's sort of a now or never moment for Poch. He really is right on threshold of legendary status.
  • Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    DB1512 wrote: »
    From the neutral point of view a great game against Dortmund! From Spurs' perspective not a very good result so it will all depent on the game against PSG. Will you keep the French below with a draw? After the European match two easy wins in the league with a lot of goals and cleansheets, wonder if you can keep going on this way. I agree with Sherwood on Poch his current situations, althought I wonder if one trophy will could brake the spell.

With a draw PSG will go through so I need to win OR PSV lose/draw against Dortmund to advance.
  • Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    subpop wrote: »
    The last couple of games show the impressive attack this team have. But, for a change, the defense completed two clean sheets. The run of results is perfect... the team is flying and I don't see a reason why it couldn't continue. A 4 point lead with a game in hand is fantastic... It has to be the season? It will be the season!

I'm trying to not be over confident but the way the league is going, I have to win it this season. City/United have been poor, Chelsea is falling behind and Arsenal are dreadful. Only way I lose the league is by a massive collapse.
    Considering how Spursy the Spurs can be, I sort of agree with Sherwood. It's sort of a now or never moment for Poch. He really is right on threshold of legendary status.

Poch has a difficult decision with clear options. Go to United for money and guranteed (or as close to guranteed as it comes) to winning trophies. Or stay at Spurs and have a chance to be a club legend that he would never reach at United.

No matter what happens at United, he won't be bigger than Fergie. At Spurs he could be the best of all time.
  • Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    edited January 15
    PxgQywA.png
    Watch: UCL PSG v Spurs
    ncHTnSZ.png
    Post edited by Stlducks on
  • Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    epynTbA.png
    THJLtJN.png

xmJlXsf.png
  • subpop
    Sad that Spurs couldn't hold the advantage that would have given the team the position to be in pot 1. Once more, the great attacking power was punished by a shaky defense, something that might be a danger in knock out stages where away goals count. Still good result in a very difficult group.
  • DB1512
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    Some tough opponents you could face in the next round. As subpop said, great attacking power but the defense needs to do better if you want to play an important role in the knock-out stage.
  • Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    @subpop @db1512 you are both correct, the defense needs to improve. A silly penalty against Dele hurt me this match as I pushed the button to clear the ball away too early and ended up tackling Neymar.

The weakness is in the middle just outside the box. You can see two goals were scored from that spot this match and the last few matches. I need to find a way to close out on those positions to block the shots.
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think it doesn't make much of a difference first and second in the Champions League because all the teams are great these days. The team showed it can compete against PSG in a tough game deserved to win but they slipped at the end
  • Danimal5981
    2130 posts Fans' Favourite
    Any of these potential opponents you'd fancy?
  • Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    I think it doesn't make much of a difference first and second in the Champions League because all the teams are great these days. The team showed it can compete against PSG in a tough game deserved to win but they slipped at the end

Man City, Man Utd and PSG have been problems for me which is a concern that we cannot beat the good teams. Luckily in the league the other big clubs are dropping points to lower teams so I have the advantage.
    Any of these potential opponents you'd fancy?

Any match up will be tough/exciting. Inter, Roma and Valencia would probably be the "easier" opponents but I'm hoping for Atletico Madrid. I played them in the semi's back in FIFA 15 in Europa League and they advanced by a last minute goal. Probably the most exciting two legs in my FIFA career.
  • Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    PxgQywA.png
    Watch: Spurs v Burnley
    ILQdnb5.png
  • Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    edited January 17
    PxgQywA.png
    Watch: North London Derby Pt 1
    of6OWR1.png
  • subpop
    After rolling over Burnley, in a game that seemed very easy for Spurs, a defeat against Arsenal in the derby. The image shown against Burnley was great, creating lots of chances and even the result was too short.

Then Spurs got surprised by Arsenal. It seems that Poch blames his own tactics. However, Arsenal still is a rival to watch, so no shame in this, except for the pain of losing a derby. After 17 games, the record of Spurs is great and this defeat can only be seen as an accident.
  • JoshDFC
    The winning run was always going to come to an end just a shame it had to be against the Gunners. The team are still four points clear at the top maybe Everton will let you win to stop Liverpool winning the league :lol:
  • Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    After rolling over Burnley, in a game that seemed very easy for Spurs, a defeat against Arsenal in the derby. The image shown against Burnley was great, creating lots of chances and even the result was too short.

Then Spurs got surprised by Arsenal. It seems that Poch blames his own tactics. However, Arsenal still is a rival to watch, so no shame in this, except for the pain of losing a derby. After 17 games, the record of Spurs is great and this defeat can only be seen as an accident.

Yes the record is good but the main issue of not beating the top teams is still a major concern for me when it comes to winning a cup.
    The winning run was always going to come to an end just a shame it had to be against the Gunners. The team are still four points clear at the top maybe Everton will let you win to stop Liverpool winning the league :lol:

I hope so! I knew the loss was coming but wish it was to anyone else.
  • Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    bxCVs6z.png
    Z630AKU.png
  • Ashy
    9204 posts League Winner
    Auba with a hatrick to beat Spurs, I like it! Haha
    Very tough draw in the UCL with Juventus but good to see you get through the group, the league itself is going better than expected but the opposition isn't doing enough imo, don't even think you need to invest that much in January if I'm honest. I do like the Cook signing because they desperately need a CM there and Bailly replacing Alderweireld is a strong fix for that position but Sanchez is better I think.
  • subpop
    Extremely tough draw at the Champions League that probably made Poch regret that draw against PSV or not being able to win the game vs PSG. There will be time to think of it though.
  • Danimal5981
    2130 posts Fans' Favourite
    Here's a chance for revenge!
  • Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional

There is always shame losing to Arsenal. :) But you are right, the start of the season has been great so just need to move on.
    Ashy wrote: »
    Auba with a hatrick to beat Spurs, I like it! Haha
    Very tough draw in the UCL with Juventus but good to see you get through the group, the league itself is going better than expected but the opposition isn't doing enough imo, don't even think you need to invest that much in January if I'm honest. I do like the Cook signing because they desperately need a CM there and Bailly replacing Alderweireld is a strong fix for that position but Sanchez is better I think.

As long as Auba doesn't do it in real life! For January, I do not see many purchases unless a young midfielder or striker pops up. As it is now, the squad is in good shape.
    Here's a chance for revenge!

Exactly what I thought!
  • Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    edited January 21
    PxgQywA.png
    Watch: Everton v Spurs
    kHAPCB6.png
  • DB1512
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    Brilliant late game winner from Eriksen, crucial three points after the defeat against Arsenal. Though draw in the UCL but last season Spurs showed they could meet themselfs with Juve so I won't say you won't have a chance at all.
  • JoshDFC
    Tough draw against Juve one of the favourites to win the competition and a team with World class talent throughout the team. I expect it will be very close and it will be a case of who can defend the best at home
  • subpop
    I don't know how many games Spurs have won in the last minutes. Some call it the luck of the champions, but the truth is that shows how competitive this team is.

BTW, brillant free kick. We don't see many of them... or none at all.
  • Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Brilliant late game winner from Eriksen, crucial three points after the defeat against Arsenal. Though draw in the UCL but last season Spurs showed they could meet themselfs with Juve so I won't say you won't have a chance at all.

The 3 points were crucial, keeping the 4pt lead in the table with Bournemouth and Liverpool coming up is important.
    Tough draw against Juve one of the favourites to win the competition and a team with World class talent throughout the team. I expect it will be very close and it will be a case of who can defend the best at home

You are right, I think whoever plays better at home will advance. It is vital we score on the road to avoid losing by the away goal rule.
    I don't know how many games Spurs have won in the last minutes. Some call it the luck of the champions, but the truth is that shows how competitive this team is.

BTW, brillant free kick. We don't see many of them... or none at all.

I don't know what it is but this team keeps finding a way at the end of matches. This was the 3rd FK I have made in FIFA19 (including the Palace career) I don't think I made any in FIFA18 or 17. They are rare for me.
  • Ashy
    9204 posts League Winner
    Good away win there, Everton can be one of those sides you tend to struggle against when playing them or is that just me? They always seem to fight for top 4 spots too
  • Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    Ashy wrote: »
    Good away win there, Everton can be one of those sides you tend to struggle against when playing them or is that just me? They always seem to fight for top 4 spots too

Everton are usually good in FIFA. This year it seems Everton are good and Arsenal are always bad in my saves.
  • Stlducks
    1395 posts Professional
    PxgQywA.png
    Watch: Spurs 4 goal route
    UnxkR48.png