Tottenham S1 | End of January

Comments

• Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    Looked like it would be a tough group, but then Eriksen totally breaks that down against Dortmund. Great run of results recently.

Winning at Dortmund was big. As long as we don't drop points to PSV we will be in good position.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    A very tough group but the team did brilliant winning away from home against one of the tough opponents the team have started excellently and this is looking the an opportunity for Poch to win his first trophies

The win was big since PSG are group favorites. Head to head against Dortmund might determine who finishes second and advances.
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    edited January 9
    PxgQywA.png
    HIGHLIGHTS: Kane misses the win

o5kGAPr.png
    Post edited by Stlducks on
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    XZhe3HN.png
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    PxgQywA.png
    HIGHLIGHTS: Dele wins a penalty

2mBZycp.png
  • subpop
    3321 posts National Call-Up
    What a fantastic volley for yet another victory, this time in one of the most important stadiums of Europe. I must say I'm amazed and surprised by this brilliant start of the season.
  • JoshDFC
    1941 posts Play-Off Hero
    The team responded well to the draw and elimination from the cup with a comfortable win against Huddersfield. The team are in superb form despite this slip the Carabao cup wasn't a priority
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    subpop wrote: »
    What a fantastic volley for yet another victory, this time in one of the most important stadiums of Europe. I must say I'm amazed and surprised by this brilliant start of the season.

I didn't expect the Liverpool game to be as easy as it was. Dortmund was very tough and outside of Eriksen's goal, they were probably better if I'm being honest. The main issue will be when the fixture list is busy. I already am having rotation issues with 2 games in a week and players starting games with 3/4 fatigue levels.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    The team responded well to the draw and elimination from the cup with a comfortable win against Huddersfield. The team are in superb form despite this slip the Carabao cup wasn't a priority

You are right, Carabao cup was not important. Winning it would be nice but we do not have the squad depth for 4 cups.
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    September Review

KwTKbvn.png
    CPednlw.png
    5cOemem.png
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    tCdXEQ0.png
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    PxgQywA.png
    WATCH: Full match highlights

Mez6mJs.png
  • WestardLord
    1094 posts Professional
    Close loss. Seems like the boys put up fight though, so not the worst way to take it.
  • subpop
    edited January 1
    What a show!

PSG have a lot of attacking power... sadly for Spurs, the rival always was in advantage and the only thing Poch's team could do was to respond to their goals... until it was not possible anymore.

Not a drama after the important victory against Dortmund, but it's evident this is a very tough group.

I really love the other league's review. It helps to put the story into a context.
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    Close loss. Seems like the boys put up fight though, so not the worst way to take it.

Agreed, the way the match started I thought it would be a big loss. I'm not discouraged with this result though.
    What a show!

PSG have a lot of attacking power... sadly for Spurs, the rival always was in advantage and the only thing Poch's team could do was to respond to their goals... until it was not possible anymore.

Not a drama after the important victory against Dortmund, but it's evident this is a very tough group.

I really love the other league's review. It helps to put the story into a context.

PSG attack is brutal, if you focus on Neymar someone else would beat you. I think next time I'm going to try 3 CBs and see if that helps limit the options in the middle.

Dortmund also lost to PSV which is big. Now I just need to not drop points against PSV and earn a draw against Dortmund and I should be through.

Thanks! Doing the league round ups only take a few minutes now that the template is complete. Unfortunately FIFA does not provide much information on the other leagues so it is usually only standings, transfers or European competition.
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    edited January 3
    PxgQywA.png
    WATCH: Kane's winning goal

9jzk017.png
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    PxgQywA.png
    WATCH: Dele volleys in his second

OsNToy5.png
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    PxgQywA.png
    WATCH: Spurs counter-attack

img]
  • subpop
    Spurs are definitely flying. The run of positive results is impressive and, in the few matches, the image was still good. Soon in the season yet, but it is not fantasy to think in important things this season.
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    Spurs are definitely flying. The run of positive results is impressive and, in the few matches, the image was still good. Soon in the season yet, but it is not fantasy to think in important things this season.

The best sign is seeing league favorites such as Liverpool and Man City dropping points this early in the season. Spurs are playing well but still have not won a big match outside of the Liverpool victory.
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    PxgQywA.png
    WATCH: De Bruyne strikes first

BXnF1MF.png
  • subpop
    Two early goals conditioned the whole game. According to the article, it seems it was a memorable lesson by Pep's City.
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    edited January 5
    PxgQywA.png
    WATCH: WOL v TOT

Lj1kJL5.png
  • subpop
    Kane reacted to criticism as big players do. Spurs are solving games in the last minutes, but show a great consistency.
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    Kane reacted to criticism as big players do. Spurs are solving games in the last minutes, but show a great consistency.

It seems like every other match is coming down to the final minutes. Makes it exciting but also concerning we can't top the lower teams with ease.
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    edited January 7
    PxgQywA.png
    WATCH: CL TOT v PSV

pjuhWyh.png
  • subpop
    Spurs wasted a good chance to secure the ticket to the R16 and jump to top of the group. It is evident that it is not a dramatic result, but Spurs must be careful now because the other two rivals of the group are powerful.
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    Spurs wasted a good chance to secure the ticket to the R16 and jump to top of the group. It is evident that it is not a dramatic result, but Spurs must be careful now because the other two rivals of the group are powerful.

Yes, we really blew a great chance. Especially since we dominated most of the match and it felt like a simple win coming. BvB are next, if PSG can beat PSV and I get s point against BvB then my last PSG match will not matter.
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    edited January 7
    WATCH: CRY v TOT

c1kMDPn.png
  • Danimal5981
    2010 posts Fans' Favourite
    Win-draw-loss info below team name are still Champions League, but I take it you've retained 1st spot.
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    Win-draw-loss info below team name are still Champions League, but I take it you've retained 1st spot.

You are correct. I stayed 1pt ahead of Chelsea in first.
  • Stlducks
    1175 posts Professional
    edited January 7
    l9msztb.png
    h5hY6d6.png
    YRol5AT.png
    nTAOzVO.png