DELETE

Empyrium7
1882 posts Play-Off Hero
edited January 22
I understand that ICONS are great players. but to have them play as gods is not acceptable. this proves one thing. to be better at the game you should use ICONS which means you have to PAY MONEY to win games.

an ICON rated 89 should play as a recent 89 player not as an 99 rated player.

I were lucky to remember to capture some of the goals I conceded from ICONS
both of these two goals were to tie the score. won both games, so no whining here. just wanted to see people opinions

you can see in this video how my Manolas were running in slow motion to allow Ronaldinho to get the ball.

you can see in this video how Handanovic ducked to let Keane score

Guys what to do you think about ICONS performance in the game ?

deleted the videos. The majority think that it was my fault that these goals where scored.
I'll just accept that and move on. nothing is wrong with the game when it comes to Icons I guess
Post edited by Empyrium7 on

Comments

• Empyrium7
    1882 posts Play-Off Hero
    up
  • Furrag85
    1736 posts Play-Off Hero
    User error both times.

Stop dicking around. Play the ball back to your keeper, then clear.
  • iST4PL3S
    86 posts Park Captain
    Both goals look like massive mistakes from you?

Manolas had just turned 180 degrees and you expect him to be able to run as quick as an already moving Ronaldinho?
  • Phuong
    72 posts Park Captain
    can't argue with you mate as I've got a 95 Maradona and the amount of bs rebounds that land perfectly to him is quite absurd. The same happens too when I come up the likes of cr7, my defenders just seem to give the ball up very easily.
  • holdenwait
    52028 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    my spotm reus and (potm hazard for a long time) had way better records than icons i had for relatively short trial periods (prime best for a WL for example). they're expected to be good ofcourse but not everything they touch is gold in the end.
  • jonkero
    5140 posts Big Money Move
    Bad defending
  • James Libby
    4433 posts National Call-Up
    jonkero wrote: »
    Bad defending

• kraid
    1743 posts Play-Off Hero
    you can see in the first clip that youre not controlling manolas youre controlling the other defender that you try to pass with. so you want the ai to accelerate and cut of the player controlled ronaldinho's run?

second clip that happens with literally any player that hits a power shot from that close to a goaly.

seriously man, these clips happen with any players. its not an icon thing it a fifa 19 thing
  • Futfanatic
    10569 posts Has That Special Something
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    I understand that ICONS are great players. but to have them play as gods is not acceptable. this proves one thing. to be better at the game you should use ICONS which means you have to PAY MONEY to win games.

both of these two goals were to tie the score. won both games, so no whining here. just wanted to see people opinions

you can see in this video how my Manolas were running in slow motion to allow Ronaldinho to get the ball.

I don’t know about Icon performance but you performed horrible, that second goal you turn and just randomly pass it into your opponent 😂

Please worry about what YOU can control before you complain about your opponents, very weak mate 😂
  • Empyrium7
    1882 posts Play-Off Hero
    iST4PL3S wrote: »

Manolas had just turned 180 degrees and you expect him to be able to run as quick as an already moving Ronaldinho?

first goal yes it's my mistake. I'm not arguing about the mistake. look how Handanovic ducked to let the ball go through.
    2nd goal obviously Manolas stopped running (he was closer and running to the ball and suddenly stopped) even though he were closer to the ball
  • SPN1987
    1409 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm a fan of people posting short clips instead of some random whining about with loose arguments. :) So we can actually discuss what actually happens within the game.
  • iST4PL3S
    86 posts Park Captain
    iST4PL3S wrote: »

first goal yes it's my mistake. I'm not arguing about the mistake. look how Handanovic ducked to let the ball go through.
    2nd goal obviously Manolas stopped running (he was closer and running to the ball and suddenly stopped) even though he were closer to the ball

So your theory is that he ducked because it was an icon shooting from close range, any other player he would've saved it?
  • Empyrium7
    1882 posts Play-Off Hero
    Futfanatic wrote: »

I don’t know about Icon performance but you performed horrible, that second goal you turn and just randomly pass it into your opponent 😂

Please worry about what YOU can control before you complain about your opponents, very weak mate 😂

Like no one makes mistakes playing the game. man I'm admitting that I made a mistake. but all I'm saying if it wasn't Keane it wouldn't be a goal.
  • Pieman25
    14757 posts Moderator
    SPN1987 wrote: »
    I'm a fan of people posting short clips instead of some random whining about with loose arguments. :) So we can actually discuss what actually happens within the game.

Completely agree, post the clip and and allow the debate. Although I think this 1 is unanimous.
  • fussydutchman
    545 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The SIM deliberately slowed your player down to allow an icon to score a goal? Uh, yeah.
  • Xtc
    5176 posts Big Money Move
    it just the inconsistency of the game and you notice it because its an ICON.
  • kraid
    1743 posts Play-Off Hero

Like no one makes mistakes playing the game. man I'm admitting that I made a mistake. but all I'm saying if it wasn't Keane it wouldn't be a goal.

mate ive had goals exactly like that scored against me, and scored goals just like that, with non icon players.

i think we probably all have
  • SPN1987
    1409 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pieman25 wrote: »

Completely agree, post the clip and and allow the debate. Although I think this 1 is unanimous.

It's a start though. It is infinitely better than someone whining about yet another losing streak. :s
  • Empyrium7
    1882 posts Play-Off Hero
    kraid wrote: »

mate ive had goals exactly like that scored against me, and scored goals just like that, with non icon players.

tbf. this is the first goal I concede where Handanovic deliberately let the ball in. Yes I conceded and scored a lot of stupid goals. but this one made me angry.
  • SPN1987
    1409 posts Play-Off Hero

tbf. this is the first goal I concede where Handanovic deliberately let the ball in. Yes I conceded and scored a lot of stupid goals. but this one made me angry.

Does it upset you scoring one of those stupid goals? I get really annoyed scoring a **** goal myself. I don't want the game to help me score a goal. It doesn't feel satisfying at all.
  • Empyrium7
    1882 posts Play-Off Hero
    you can see in the first clip that youre not controlling manolas youre controlling the other defender that you try to pass with. so you want the ai to accelerate and cut of the player controlled ronaldinho's run?

second clip that happens with literally any player that hits a power shot from that close to a goaly.

seriously man, these clips happen with any players. its not an icon thing it a fifa 19 thing

I was controlling Manolas until the last second where I knew he won't make it and then changed to skriniar. but it was too late.
  • Mr_Matchup1
    4219 posts National Call-Up
    I've got rivaldo , currently he has no goals and no assists he missed so many chances that a 1k rare gold would score .
    Most icons are ridiculously expensive compared to standard players
  • Empyrium7
    1882 posts Play-Off Hero

Does it upset you scoring one of those stupid goals? I get really annoyed scoring a **** goal myself. I don't want the game to help me score a goal. It doesn't feel satisfying at all.

it's annoying scoring a goal you don't deserve. happened yesterday. was tied 1-1 until the 86th mins and then a lucky rebound that the AI took the shot and scored for me. it was a close game. but winning this way made me feel bad. same thing when it happened to me. play a full game to lose to a stupid undeserved goal. but I think we can't do anything about it in this game
  • Pieman25
    14757 posts Moderator

it's annoying scoring a goal you don't deserve. happened yesterday. was tied 1-1 until the 86th mins and then a lucky rebound that the AI took the shot and scored for me. it was a close game. but winning this way made me feel bad. same thing when it happened to me. play a full game to lose to a stupid undeserved goal. but I think we can't do anything about it in this game

The majority feel you did deserve it though, both the goals you listed came from user fault.
  • James Libby
    4433 posts National Call-Up
    There are plenty of reasons to complain about the game. Crazy, unfair stuff happens all the time.

But these clips? You defended poorly, plain and simple.
  • Empyrium7
    1882 posts Play-Off Hero

The majority feel you did deserve it though, both the goals you listed came from user fault.

first one Manolas stopped running and start walking in slow motion and when I changed to skriniar. Ronaldinho just stepped on his foot. took the ball and scored. I don't know how is that my fault ( Manolas walking ) watch the clip again.
    second clip. yes I deserve to concede. but not this way. if he finish it in a good way I won't be bothered. Handanoic should have saved it. it was easy to save. actually he shouldn't move. it would have hit his chest or face.
  • Pieman25
    14757 posts Moderator

first one Manolas stopped running and start walking in slow motion and when I changed to skriniar. Ronaldinho just stepped on his foot. took the ball and scored. I don't know how is that my fault ( Manolas walking ) watch the clip again.
    second clip. yes I deserve to concede. but not this way. if he finish it in a good way I won't be bothered. Handanoic should have saved it. it was easy to save. actually he shouldn't move. it would have hit his chest or face.

I disagree but as above at least you put video clips for the discussion.
  • Empyrium7
    1882 posts Play-Off Hero
    There are plenty of reasons to complain about the game. Crazy, unfair stuff happens all the time.

But these clips? You defended poorly, plain and simple.

where I defended poorly. what could you do differently (in the first clip) ? I was controlling Manolas. running fine and then decided to slow walk. changed to skriniar when I knew that manolas is gone. Ronaldinho stepped on his foot. took the ball and scored.
    2nd clip I made a mistake and I always try to not clear the ball and play passes. is it a mistake. yes. should handanovic duck and let the ball in. I don't think so. if he finished it the bottom/top corner i would just accept it.