Experiment V4 LIVE! #GetMeOutOfG2

Comments

• JURITO1000
    914 posts Professional
    i finish gold 3/2 from beginning the game...i started with 10k squad like everybody and now i have 2,5 million squad and its the same
  • GetDefoeKuyt
    1180 posts Professional
    29xhx5k.jpg

Discuss
  • Toshevv
    919 posts Professional
    I cant believe you achieved this with silver but cant with this team..

With my relative cheap squad at beginning I was Gold 3 barely .. With 10m squad GOld 1 and shy of elite then with 15 ml I reached elite 3..

Now with 5 toties I will see next week...

For me I play better with my better squad.. Just tested 5 toty players 3 prime icons and cr 7 and I destroyed people hard in div 3. They could not sniff my half...

• gutman22
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    29xhx5k.jpg

Discuss

So this is the result you got with the 3 milion team?
  • GetDefoeKuyt
    1180 posts Professional
    gutman22 wrote: »
    29xhx5k.jpg

Discuss

So this is the result you got with the 3 milion team?

Yes mate. Just giving the last 2 games away now as we speak
  • kathers81
    231 posts Sunday League Hero
    Absolute madness
    EA are thieves and evil. Working on people's weakness and vulnerability and exploiting it to maximize their profits.
    This thread needs to be bumped continuously.
  • ICUP
    3874 posts National Call-Up
    kathers81 wrote: »
    Absolute madness
    EA are thieves and evil. Working on people's weakness and vulnerability and exploiting it to maximize their profits.

Huh? Not defending EA but OP has played different people in 3 weeks in the WL. Better team doesn’t guarantee a higher win rate if the opponents are genuinely better than him or opponents got lucky
  • nj10
    2109 posts Fans' Favourite
    JURITO1000 wrote: »
    i finish gold 3/2 from beginning the game...i started with 10k squad like everybody and now i have 2,5 million squad and its the same

But the people you are playing against are improving their teams aswell.
    So you’re also coming up against 2.5 mil squads give or take
  • MHoney1234
    4974 posts Big Money Move
    ICUP wrote: »
    Absolute madness

Huh? Not defending EA but OP has played different people in 3 weeks in the WL. Better team doesn’t guarantee a higher win rate if the opponents are genuinely better than him or opponents got lucky

• tilen11
    4505 posts National Call-Up
    As I thought. The gameplay is so inconsistent there is no difference between top players and silvers.

Glad you proved it.
  • kathers81
    edited January 13
    Open your eyes! Off course he should be getting better results with a better team. If Prime Icons are scoring as much as Silver players, something is wrong. They have different stats and should be scoring in positions where a Silver would miss.

And to the poster who says as his team improves so does his opponents; then when the OP changed to a Silver team, he should never have finished Gold 2 again.

I'm not deluded like some who only moan when things don't go their way. I just had Ibra score a thumping header from a cross when I didn't even shoot.
  • I knew this would happen
  • ICUP
    Open your eyes! Off course he should be getting better results with a better team. If Prime Icons are scoring as much as Silver players, something is wrong. They have different stats and should be scoring in positions where a Silver would miss.

And to the poster who says as his team improves so does his opponents; then when the OP changed to a Silver team, he should never have finished Gold 2 again.

I'm not deluded like some who only moan when things go their way. I just had Ibra score a thumping header from a cross when I didn't even shoot.

Have you even looked at OP team?

Only defensive minded midfielder was Makalele whilst he had Firmino LCM and Felipe Anderson as RCM.

• KinggHuss
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    Absolute madness

exactly
  • KinggHuss
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero

I'm not deluded like some who only moan when things go their way. I just had Ibra score a thumping header from a cross when I didn't even shoot.

Only defensive minded midfielder was Makalele whilst he had Firmino LCM and Felipe Anderson as RCM.

firminho is alright as a CM but not sure about felipe anderson
  • ICUP
    KinggHuss wrote: »

firminho is alright as a CM but not sure about felipe anderson

Firmino is a high/high but still not a CM, should have got actual central midfielders In those positions
  • Scrub39
    64 posts Park Captain
    I played with a team of silvers this weekend after reading this thread last week. Was great fun and I finished gold 3 which is the average for me.

My strikers both had 25+ goals and 10+ assists over the 30 games so goes to show they are more than useable.
  • Aguy9916
    590 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm with the op all the way here....I've been buying points this year more than ever and still been feeling disillusioned with the game which felt was just continually full of inconsistency and b.s.

After seeing this thread I myself bought a silver team to have a play around (I've never even used anything less than a good gold squad as I always just pump some money in from the start)

I've not done it anywhere near to the degree original poster has, I've played since last week maybe 10 rivals games and 5 WL matches.... my findings are that while I may not get as good results with the silver's, I find it so much more fun to play that I don't even use my 8 mil squad anymore, in fact I hate playing with them as it feels like the b.s reappears as soon as I do. With the silver's the games feel real, I don't feel like there's some mechanics at work stopping me getting a result... the lads just play great smooth football and score great goals.

I'm not a timed finesse user or any other op meta and I think that's where my silver experiment goes a bit wrong... to perform as well with the silver's as a top squad you need to be using all the tricks in your favour.

It's still so much more fun though... I'm just annoyed I spent so much money getting my dream team only to find out it's pointless... tried to do chargeback but it was a non starter... might go to citizens advice and financial ombudsmen next if I can be bothered.

The game is designed in a way to suck players into spending money and then doesn't even reward players when they achieve the team that should assist their play. Not to mention the lack of warnings about gambling and how easily a player could spend too much money.....the fact that they are having to change this system soon shows that there is something wrong with it.

It's one giant obscenely overpriced con.
  • kathers81
    It's so obviously rigged so you finish at around the same level each week. You only control at most 2 most 2 players, then add in the randomness of playing 1 2s with opposition defenders via "blocked" shots, auto shooting, defenders going on walkabouts, and it's amazing how some of you don't see what is staring at you in your face.
  • GL86
    83 posts Park Captain
    I watched couple of the OP games on the stream yesterday and the amount of bull going on was unreal. Dominated games and lost to deflected goals or pens that were never pens. There is definitely something going on in the background that determines a win or loss there has to be
  • kathers81
    Aguy9916 wrote: »
    I'm with the op all the way here....I've been buying points this year more than ever and still been feeling disillusioned with the game which felt was just continually full of inconsistency and b.s.

After seeing this thread I myself bought a silver team to have a play around (I've never even used anything less than a good gold squad as I always just pump some money in from the start)

I've not done it anywhere near to the degree original poster has, I've played since last week maybe 10 rivals games and 5 WL matches.... my findings are that while I may not get as good results with the silver's, I find it so much more fun to play that I don't even use my 8 mil squad anymore, in fact I hate playing with them as it feels like the b.s reappears as soon as I do. With the silver's the games feel real, I don't feel like there's some mechanics at work stopping me getting a result... the lads just play great smooth football and score great goals.

I'm not a timed finesse user or any other op meta and I think that's where my silver experiment goes a bit wrong... to perform as well with the silver's as a top squad you need to be using all the tricks in your favour.

It's still so much more fun though... I'm just annoyed I spent so much money getting my dream team only to find out it's pointless... tried to do chargeback but it was a non starter... might go to citizens advice and financial ombudsmen next if I can be bothered.

The game is designed in a way to suck players into spending money and then doesn't even reward players when they achieve the team that should assist their play. Not to mention the lack of warnings about gambling and how easily a player could spend too much money.....the fact that they are having to change this system soon shows that there is something wrong with it.

Try using Silvers for the entire weekend league. You will finish at the same level as you usually do.
  • kathers81
    GL86 wrote: »
    I watched couple of the OP games on the stream yesterday and the amount of bull going on was unreal. Dominated games and lost to deflected goals or pens that were never pens. There is definitely something going on in the background that determines a win or loss there has to be
    Yet people are so deluded on here to still believe that his Firmino as CM was the cause.
    He has played with Silvers there and been fine.

Must find an excuse for EA.
  • tilen11
    4505 posts National Call-Up

Try using Silvers for the entire weekend league. You will finish at the same level as you usually do.

Most likely since there is no difference between players. I finished 11-4 with full bronze squad and 86 Vieri, 2months ago when I was still playing. Players dont matter.
  • Aguy9916

I'll try it when I next get chance 👍
  • ICUP
    GL86 wrote: »
    Yet people are so deluded on here to still believe that his Firmino as CM was the cause.
    He has played with Silvers there and been fine.

Must find an excuse for EA.

Team selection, different opponents from different weeks, gameplay variance from other weeks.

You take other factors into account or can you only judge by what you read
  • GetDefoeKuyt
    1180 posts Professional
    Absolute madness

Just stay away from FP my man

• GetDefoeKuyt
    1180 posts Professional
    Absolute madness

Tbh mate I don’t agree. You should be able to get more wins with a team rated 15 overall higher. You can’t fluke 30 games. You gotta work with the averages

• GetDefoeKuyt
    1180 posts Professional
    Stay away from FP brother
  • ICUP
    Absolute madness

Tbh mate I don’t agree. You should be able to get more wins with a team rated 15 overall higher. You can’t fluke 30 games. You gotta work with the averages

A better team doesn’t guarantee more wins, taking into consideration other factors and the fact that it’s an assumption that a better team will increase your ranking.

I’m sure there will be videos of people getting elite with bronze or silver players but you can’t get past gold 2 with your 3mil team
  • Aguy9916
    Regardless of the results of this great experiment, I'm taking my findings from "feel" alone... my little silver team that cost me nothing feel so much better to use than my 8 mil squad that cost over £1500 In fp. And that's whilst playing against much higher rated teams.

How's that for a kick in the nuts 😂😂