Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

Experiment V4 LIVE! #GetMeOutOfG2

GetDefoeKuyt
1131 posts Professional
edited January 19
V4 @ the bottom of this post!

INTRO

Couple paragraphs but try and stay with me...

Ok since week 1 of WL I’ve been a Gold 2 player, always getting 18/19 wins.

I don’t spend FP nor trade. I just accumulate coins from DR & Rewards from WL. I’ve been able to build a decent team. SIF VVD, SIF Salah, RTTF Sanchez etc... but still I can’t break out of Gold 2. Some weeks I’m played 10 won 2 & still manage it, some weeks I’m played 10 won 10. Still Gold 2.

This week I had my best ever WL I was played 23 with 18 wins. I lost my next 6 on the bounce 😂

Im part of the faction that doesn’t think bolstering your team with new signings gets you any higher in WL so im going to run this WL with a 10k team as an experiment. Anyone got any ideas of a fun team to use?

I will report my progress back here

Thanks 👍🏼

———————————————————

Experiment V1

This is the team I’ve decided to go with. As you can see it’s cost me 6,150 coins with 3 untradable players I already have. These players can be picked up for a total of 2,100 coins. So there is our grand total of 8,250, Big bucks!

1zf9ko.jpg

Here’s our final finish lads. Gold 2 with a 8k team. It’s been emotional. Now time to give them all the warriors send off and discard them so they can go out on a high!

24qjzg0.jpg

———————————————————

Experiment V2

Ok lads & ladies, since I got of positive feedback from V1 we’re going to run this WL with a FULL silver team (there was talks about a few different teams but none took my fancy, either looked too easy or complete suicide). If we can get Gold that would be some accomplishment. My aim is Silver 1 for the auto qualification. Wish me luck!

As I did before I will post the opponents teams & then the match result/facts. Let’s get it!

Here’s V2’s team!

2nrd3ex.jpg

THERE IT IS! Gold 2 with a Silver team! It’s been a fun ride, thanks to everyone who followed! Peace

30ses8k.jpg

——————————————————

Experiment V3

Firstly, thank you to everyone who’s followed upto now. We’re back with v3 of our experiment for this WL.

We’re going to try break the Gold 2 curse with a 3.3m team. (Best I can afford with my coins & untradables) If we can get Gold 2 with discard Golds & Silvers surely we can reach Gold 1 with these.

All opponents will be posted along with match facts if anyone fancy’s the read!

Here’s our team!

14buv4n.jpg

And here it is, our shocking finish.. you won’t believe it lads..

29xhx5k.jpg

——————————————————

My summary:

I’ve read a few comments but it’s hard to reply with everyone voicing their opinions which is great, that’s what this place is for.

So for everyone who didn’t follow from the start I decided to do this experiment as I was abit annoyed I couldn’t get higher than Gold 2 even though I was bolstering my ranks with new players every week. Maybe it’s because everyone else is also bolstering theirs? Que the experiment...

I’ll try it with a discard Gold team. See how I get on. I did post all the teams I played against along with game stats after the final whistle (since been deleted to clean up the first post)

As I fully expected, I finished Gold 2. I still had a few doubters who called the team META & it was still a good team. Let’s take it to the next level.

V2 is where I lined up 11 silver players with the grand overall of 72! Let’s get it in WL! Guess what? Gold 2 again... all proof was shown. It blew a few people’s minds.

Ok, maybe I’ve improved massively over the last 2 weeks. Maybe now I can break into Gold 1 or even E3. Time to make the best team possible out of what I have.

V3 came with a 3.5m team. Solid in every area. Anyone who doubts Felipe at CM, just try him with sentinel. The boy is the old Ramires from Chelsea but he scores bangers too.

I even streamed most of my games for the lads who asked who saw in lots of games there’s nothing I could do. I’d get through & hit the woodwork a VERY high number of times in games & when they’d shoot it’d deflect in. It was happening over & over.

So I finished G2 again. IMO this should be impossible. The same player on the same patch, same CT & PI, on the same tv, internet, playing style, everything should not be as good on the game with a 72 silver team to with a 87 rated decent team. It shouldn’t happen. I’m not looking for an argument but it just shouldn’t.

To summarise I don’t have any answers to how this happens. EA have never been transparent enough when it comes to this game.

What I will say is that if this experiment was never done & didn’t come to light it’s perfect marketing for EA. Think about it.... you finish the same tier every week so you keep buying FP to improve although you never improve so you keep buying FP to improve... think about it.

My one & only tip is stay away from FP. They’re pointless.*** You can achieve the same results with s starter team as you can with a top on. Yes it’s easier to do with a top one I’m not going to lie but if the game wants you to hit the bar & wants them to score a ricochets 3x each in one match then it will. No Prime Guillit is going to change anything.

Thanks for everyone who followed & encouraged me on streams. I really do appreciate it. There’s a lot of good lads on here & it’s not as toxic as I once thought.

Peace & love guys.

Any other questions feel free to ask!

***unless you enjoy the game the way it is & can comfortably afford it.

——————————————————————

After this weekend I’m going to create a poll of teams with whatever one voted highest I’ll use & stream the games getting G2 (Obviously) along the way :#

But I want one last go at getting out of the hell hole which is G2. After playing some G1 players & winning every game, I’m convinced as are they that I’m not a G2 player. So full focus this WL & let’s get it. I feel not I’m toxic enough to get higher, I seem to be the only guy around here (by here I mean my WL games) that doesn’t watch replays or celebrations, doesn’t time waste, doesn’t bronze bench & doesn’t only play at home. Maybe that’s why I can’t progress? Idk, but here’s the team I’m getting into G1 with, no excuses!

33tscwz.jpg

Current record after latest session..

98v7f6.jpg

——————————————————————
Post edited by GetDefoeKuyt on

Comments

• Zero_velocity
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Good luck!

I used to start with a Russian 10k team when promes played there. Him and Smolov in particular were great so build a team around Smolov and some of the Brazilians that play in Russian league ....
  • Del654
    599 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2018
    I'm the same as you, I spend nothing and I don't trade and every week I finish gold 2. I have had arnie and Aguero up top, Lucas and sane... lukaku on his own, Auba and Aguero. I've had Fernandinho, Fabinho CDM now I have kante CDM. Last week I was 15-4 and finished gold 2, this week I was 9-8 and finished gold 2. No matter what I do I finish gold 2.
  • I often wonder this, good luck in your experiment i'll look forward to seeing your results!
  • Alex_cr
    2786 posts Fans' Favourite
    Did this last year. Made no difference. Played one week playing a team on 70 Chem - no difference.
  • GetDefoeKuyt
    1131 posts Professional
    Good luck!

I used to start with a Russian 10k team when promes played there. Him and Smolov in particular were great so build a team around Smolov and some of the Brazilians that play in Russian league ....

Thanks man I’ll have a look at the Russian league for sure 👍🏼
  • GetDefoeKuyt
    1131 posts Professional
    Del654 wrote: »
    I'm the same as you, I spend nothing and I don't trade and every week I finish gold 2. I have had arnie and Aguero up top, Lucas and sane... lukaku on his own, Auba and Aguero. I've had Fernandinho, Fabinho CDM now I have kante CDM. Last week I was 15-4 and finished gold 2, this week I was 9-8 and finished gold 2. No matter what I do I finish gold 2.

I know your pain mate. It’s strange isn’t it? Can’t seem to break out of Gold 2. I bet I could lose my first 13 games and I’d still win the last 17
  • GetDefoeKuyt
    1131 posts Professional
    Smiley_Utd wrote: »
    I often wonder this, good luck in your experiment i'll look forward to seeing your results!

Cheers mate will post the team I’ll be using mid week

• GetDefoeKuyt
    1131 posts Professional
    nicitel32 wrote: »

Wow what a team. For 10k that’s unbelievable
  • GetDefoeKuyt
    1131 posts Professional
    @nicitel32 the cheap team King 👑
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1285 posts Professional
    I agree to a certain extent.

I think the difference is negligible between Kimpembe and Varane or Jesus and Griezman ect but using players worth less than 1k each you won't be able to compete with the average WL team.

I think you'll struggle to hit gold but interested to see how you get on

• GetDefoeKuyt
    1131 posts Professional
    I agree to a certain extent.

I think the difference is negligible between Kimpembe and Varane or Jesus and Griezman ect but using players worth less than 1k each you won't be able to compete with the average WL team.

I think you'll struggle to hit gold but interested to see how you get on

I shouldn’t reach Gold level. But we’ll see mate

• Romassi13
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    So?
  • GetDefoeKuyt
    1131 posts Professional
    Romassi13 wrote: »
    So?

Been having a jolly xmas. Sorry guys. Will buy team in next couple hours and post it here.

• GetDefoeKuyt
    1131 posts Professional
    Team is in the first post guys 👍🏼
  • Raider
    2488 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2018
    great thread, Im exactly on the same boat as you, no matter what team I got I will get G2/G1, wonder how will you do, so bookmarking this
  • deang07
    7579 posts League Winner
    ive already tried it , im gold 2/1 every week without fail honestly wether i play good or bad it works that way.
    i have a class team with few icons .
    but when ive sold up and used a cheap team for investing reasons ive finished exactly same position.
    in rivals i do better with a better team but in wl im guaranteed my rank imo
  • GetDefoeKuyt
    1131 posts Professional
    Raider wrote: »
    great thread, Im exactly on the same boat as you, no matter what team I got I will get G2/G1, wonder how will you do, so bookmarking this

Cheers mate.

Also if any of you match me in WL please be gentle 😂

• Good luck with this. I'd look at bringing Wass in to your midfielder l, he's the best cheap gem by far for me
  • Mc_chigby
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good luck.

In my past experiences there are only two quick ways of potentially increasing your wins in WL. One is of course dramatically upgrading your team, e.g. highest rated icons, CR7 etc etc.

The other quickfire way is creating a new set of custom tactics that not only suit your gameplay but disrupt what your opponent wants to do. Being able to switch as well like when losing going to a 3 atb formation or 5atb if holding out with a 1 nil lead in the last 10 mins.

However the main way is lots of practice. Like 5-10 games, at least every day if not more.
  • GetDefoeKuyt
    1131 posts Professional
    Good luck with this. I'd look at bringing Wass in to your midfielder l, he's the best cheap gem by far for me

Done! Have signed him. Will rotate him around and see who plays better in game. Cheers mate

• GetDefoeKuyt
    1131 posts Professional
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Good luck.

In my past experiences there are only two quick ways of potentially increasing your wins in WL. One is of course dramatically upgrading your team, e.g. highest rated icons, CR7 etc etc.

The other quickfire way is creating a new set of custom tactics that not only suit your gameplay but disrupt what your opponent wants to do. Being able to switch as well like when losing going to a 3 atb formation or 5atb if holding out with a 1 nil lead in the last 10 mins.

However the main way is lots of practice. Like 5-10 games, at least every day if not more.

I think I’m just destined for Gold 2 forever 😂 I did pick Son & Lala today thought & then pulled Mbappe in the packs. Gold 2 gave me something for once!

• GetDefoeKuyt
    1131 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    Moved to first post
  • GetDefoeKuyt
    1131 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    Moved to first post
  • GetDefoeKuyt
    1131 posts Professional
    edited December 2018
    Moved to first post
  • emylonas
    640 posts An Exciting Prospect
    All this points to is the inevitable subject that “shall not be named”... like Voldemort.
  • GetDefoeKuyt
    1131 posts Professional
    First 5 games results and reviews are at the bottom of the first post in this thread. If you can’t be bothered then we’re 3 wins 2 losses upto now, I got you!

I will be playing the next 5 later tonight.

Peace & love
  • GetDefoeKuyt
    1131 posts Professional
    Game 6-9 updated in the first post. For my lazy guys we’re 9 games 6 wins.
  • CfcBlue
    3028 posts National Call-Up
    I ran a team with cr7 and 91 pele.. got gold 3.

Switched to my untradeables which was a wayyyyy less powered squad and got gold 3 the next WL. Team doesn’t matter.