Some Players impossible to transfer???

BORN2bWILD
19 posts Last Pick at the Park
It's my first year playing Fifa after many years with PES.
I recently started career mode with Barcelona. I'm having fun with the transfers and have both acquired and moved several players.

But I have 3 players---Alena, Ezkieta and Ruiz who I've agreed to a transfer sum with 6 or 7 different teams for EACH of them yet every time they can't agree to a deal with the new team.

I'm figuring it's impossible to sell them? Or I should say ever have them work it out?

What's silly is they are all in my reserves and will never, ever even graduate to my bench at any point. You'd think they'd love to move on LOL.

Comments

• Welcome to Fifa haha should have stuck to PES for offline, csreer mode is broken on Fifa
  • BORN2bWILD
    Yes, I kept my 2018 PES only for the Master League as they call it. I've played it for about 10 years for that and that only.

I also made a post regarding how stupid easy it is to make a super team in FIFA and listed the team I put together. It's really unrealistic and so easy it's not even really fun. It's not possible to do that in Pes.
  • Steffolovitch
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    BORN2bWILD wrote: »
    Yes, I kept my 2018 PES only for the Master League as they call it. I've played it for about 10 years for that and that only.

I also made a post regarding how stupid easy it is to make a super team in FIFA and listed the team I put together. It's really unrealistic and so easy it's not even really fun. It's not possible to do that in Pes.

I agree with you, it is way too easy to sign players in FIFA and build an unrealistically great team. I still like the game, though, even for its flaws, but I am beginning to be more curious as to what the Master League can offer. Can you tell me more about it?

Every year I download the PES demo and find it absolutely rubbish. But if the Master League is truly recommendable, I think I should give it a try at some point...
  • BORN2bWILD
    I'm not sure if anyting has changed this year.
    First of all, all the ICONS or LEGENDS (all time greats) are in the Master League if you choose them to be. You have the option to include all or not.
    From what I can see in FIFA the only way you have them in is to make them with "create player" and then only put them on your specific team. This is with PS4 at least. And you have to do this prior to starting a new career. That means you get them at no cost at all.

In PES they are all in the game as free agents (if you choose) and all available for any AI team to sign as well. And they are hard and very expensive to sign as it should be. It's likely that even if you play with a wealthty team such as Barca that you couldn't sign many more then 1 or 2 every transfer window so it takes several seasons to accumulate several if that's what you want to do.
    And in PES you can also create any player you want (even make yourself) and also put them in the league as free agents.

For many years PES had upwards of 300-400+ legends in the game but in recent years it's down to about 60.
    They had way too many but now too few. And they change many from year to year which is annoying if your favorite player isn't included one year.

However there are PES fan sites that list pretty much any former star player you can think of with all their skill attributes as well height, weight, special moves, etc. so people can create them and put them in the Master League. Often there are multiple versions of a player at different ages (early career, middle, and/or late).

I assume much of this is people listing the players from previous PES versions but perhaps some people invent them. But knowing how fanatic soccer fans are I'm sure they've done a very good job.
    What you find often on those sites is people listing the "all time" Liverpool, team or all time Italy team, etc., etc.
    So it's fantastic for having any player you want in your Master League.

The transfer system on FIFA is actually more in depth, more fun and much better but as I've pointed out much too easy. It's near impossible to get many of the biggest stars in PES. Also noticeable in PES, it's extremely difficult to get any really good players to agree to sign with you if your team is crappy. Ie....if you're in the second division, no one that's any good will sign with you until you get in the first division. And then for some, probably not until you work your way up to the top 5 teams or so. No matter how much $ you throw at them. That's pretty realistic though. If fact if I remember correctly you can't even approach them.

One thing with PES is you can search for players in every mode by OVR in addition to the other options. I don't see that in FIFA. It may seem minor but often it's very convenient, easier and quicker.

I have noticed that the AI teams in Master league are much more unpredictable in how they play, not only compared to one another (ie strategy, formation, etc.) but from game to game. They have good games and bad games. And home field certainly makes a difference.

And the AI teams adapt. You can't just keep doing through balls or crosses or whatever and have them often work. The AI teams adjust to your strategy. So the games are more challenging.

I found huge differences between difficulty levels in PES. So sometimes you can slaughter most teams on one level and have difficulty winning a game on the next hardest level. PES doesn't have sliders to fine tune this.

Chemistry matters in PES Master league, it doesn't seem to in FIFA career mode. Playing players out of position matters a bit. 100% team chemistry is eventually achieved by playing enough games with the same group together and having success. But it does take a fairly long time.

In PES you can have 3 managers "on the bench" at the same time, all with different formations and tactics and switch between them throughout the game. So have a specific defensive style ready to switch to. The problem with this is it likely will screw up team chemistry unless you play enough to have everyone happy with each manager's style. In FIFA of course you can pre set different formations and strategy and switch in game.

In PES the clock stops completely on any and all stoppages including thrown ins, etc.

The added time seems to vary more in PES, anywhere from 1 to 4 or 5 minutes (I can't remember but usually 2 or 3) whereas it always seems to be 2 or 3 min. in FIFA. An oddity in PES is additional time often appears to only actually come to an end when the ball is in mid field. So, I had added time often run minutes over. I once had one last 9 minutes and 6 or 7 wasn't rare. Nice if you need a goal but really annoying if you allow one that costs you a win.

This seems to be a problem in both games but was really bad in PES---your fast players getting easily and quickly caught by noticeably slower players and often you chase theirs for 40 yards and don't gain on them.

In PES it's not rare to go entire games with no fouls being called on the AI team.
    Normal is probably 6 to 1 against you. Hopefully they fixed that. So as you can imagine penalty kicks for you in PES were pretty much non existent.

And in PES, people referred to the slide tackle button as the "yellow card" button, lol. And those were good players. For me, not being great at that particular skill it very often was with too much danger of being a red card that I would just stop trying unless it was an easy situation for it. Actually I'm finding that particular aspect of the game difficult in Fifa as well. Timing is everything in that obviously.

Another thing is that the standings and leading scorers in Master League are very similiar to real life. The teams you'd expect to be battling for the league title are the ones that are and the top scorers are who you'd expect them to be. That seems a little off in FIFA.

So basically, the actual FIFA transfer system/process is much better but too easy, on field is much better in PES

And keep this in mind---PES doesn't have the rights to very many real team names, real players names and real kits. So, you'll find yourself having to spend a long time, probably hours editing your players and at least the names of all the teams in your league. It's not much fun looking at the standings at a bunch of fictional team names, never mind not knowing who is who on your team or who you want to target for transfers.
    And that goes for the Legends already in the game too.

However, very soon you can find fanatics online that will list all the correct team names for every league in the game as well as others listing the correct player names for most teams in various league. It still means a lot of editing though.

And it's possible to download the proper kits or it used to be.

But, the game announcers of course don't know who most teams and players are which certainly makes the play by play less interesting.

As for FUT...the PES equivalent basically doesn't exist or at least their version of it pretty much sucks. That's an entire new thread/rant though, lol.

If I think of anything else I'll follow up with a note on it.
  • daviec
    241 posts Sunday League Hero
    And keep this in mind---PES doesn't have the rights to very many real team names, real players names and real kits. So, you'll find yourself having to spend a long time, probably hours editing your players and at least the names of all the teams in your league. It's not much fun looking at the standings at a bunch of fictional team names, never mind not knowing who is who on your team or who you want to target for transfers.
    And that goes for the Legends already in the game too.

Which teams don't have real player names? As far as I can see every team in PES has the correct player names, even if the team name isn't right. Are you playing a very old version of PES where the player names were fake?
    PES doesn't have the rights to very many real team names

PES has the rights to virtually every team name, with the exception of the English, Spanish and German leagues, plus a handful of other teams like Juve. Admittedly they're the most popular leagues, but they have lots of fully licensed smaller leagues/teams.
  • BORN2bWILD
    edited January 5
    Last PES I played was 2017 so they must have made lots of improvements in 2018 and 2019. I know every year they added more and more so it sounds like they added many more in the past two years.

I guess losing the UEFA Champions League left them with money to license more league teams.

Although as was pointed out they still don't have many in some of the main leagues and that's what I mainly played.

Post edited by BORN2bWILD on
  • BORN2bWILD
    edited January 5
    I thought of something else in regards to the PES Master League transfers.

Once you've made an offer it takes days to get a response, usually 2 or 3 but often longer. You can make 5 offers max. at a time.
    This is annoying because if your offer fails you don't have a second opportunity with that player and time is obviously wasted. You're left waiting to see what happens before moving on to someone else.

The transfer window is/should be long enough but it shrinks quickly because of this.
    What most end up doing is a lot of save and reload throughout the transfer period. But then there's the problem that if you say make 4 offers and 2 are accepted, do you reload and try all 4 again? So, make a note of what worked and do all 4 over?
    And that usually involves replaying games as well.
    It's really a pain in the ****.

Adding to that problem is that you couldn't send or recieve transfer offers outside each transfer window so that really limited you. In Fifa obviously you can and if successful the transfer takes affect at the start of the next transfer period.

Obviously in Fifa even if a team decides to consider your offer they get back to you within a day or two and you can continue to negotiate if they decline.
    Post edited by BORN2bWILD on
  • daviec
    241 posts Sunday League Hero
    Last PES I played was 2017 so they must have made lots of improvements in 2018 and 2019. I know every year they added more and more so it sounds like they added many more in the past two years.

I guess losing the UEFA Champions League left them with money to license more league teams.

Although as was pointed out they still don't have many in some of the main leagues and that's what I mainly played.

The players were all licensed in 2017 and for several years before that.

Yeah, they used the champions league money to get a load of smaller league licenses, eg Portugese/Russian/Turkish/Scottish and a few others I can't remember. Very good decision in my opinion.