The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

TIRED OF ICONS

Mmjnnnn
103 posts Sunday League Hero
these icons are really annoying they are ball magnets and their reactions are too high it’s the main reason why i lose games in the WL they get the fakest goals ever

Comments

• '96dc2
    9026 posts League Winner
    Mmjnnnn wrote: »
    these icons are really annoying they are ball magnets and their reactions are too high it’s the main reason why i lose games in the WL they get the fakest goals ever

Git gud
  • GC10
    259 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fake goals :D
  • BladesManSUFC
    452 posts Sunday League Hero
    Get some icons then
  • When I put an icon in my team, I only lose. Can’t win with them. I get better results without them.
  • Ash Ketchum
    629 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Icons should play as their level says they should play but they don't that's the problem they seem to play way better than players that are the exact same level in the same position that are not icons. That isn't right and doesn't make sense.
  • MHoney1234
    9081 posts League Winner

You’d hate my team I have 7 of them :joy:
  • bigpokey24
    4862 posts Big Money Move

Icons are boring.. I actually win against them
  • Furrag85
    1751 posts Play-Off Hero
    GC10 wrote: »
    Fake goals :D

OP should BUILD A WALL. Keep those pesky icons OUT!
  • MHoney1234
    9081 posts League Winner
    bigpokey24 wrote: »

Icons are boring.. I actually win against them

Stop lying
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    I'm not keen on the whole icons thing. I think it was a nice idea. But maybe belongs in a mode of its own.

When you got some guy from the 80s probably in his 60s playing along Auba. Erm nah.

They're OP cards which is fine, but it deteiments the experience of making your own team and only those who spend ridiculous amounts of money on the game can get em.

Main problem is it doesnt make sense to have old timers alongside new guys.
  • Drizzt
    476 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Well it's a good job EA doesn't agree with you and Icon thread is one of the most popular threads on these forums.

For a lot of people, Icons make the game fun not just because some of them are truely elite, but because for some people that understand football started before Messi and CR7 ;) love to play with their heroes of the past.

The only real issue I have with Icons is no John Barnes, Rush, Dalglish or Zidane :)...YET...

I prefer getting smashed by any icons compared to the same players such as Jesus, Son,Rodrigo or Werner.
  • SomeNextGuy
    3202 posts National Call-Up
    I hate icons because I can't afford any.
  • Mr_Matchup1
    5421 posts Big Money Move
    Most icons ain't even that good this year
  • Durrani13
    2097 posts Fans' Favourite

I've never used an icon in online games. I muck around with them offline but when I play online I use all current players. However, that might have to change given everyone else I play seems to use them and POTM players.
  • BiigDee
    4527 posts National Call-Up
    Some games icons have a worst feel than standard gold cards. They are a great addition to FUT because of memories of great players and it’s nice to mix them with current players. They are a must for any football fan. I get it can be annoying for some players but if you have played from release you should be able to afford an Icon of some sort
  • Nervous_Nick
    5913 posts Big Money Move
    I’m using prime Raul in this WL and he’s insane in the air....on corner kicks it’s a scissors kick fest like it’s september again! :D:D
    But i’m gonna finish gold2 anyway like i always do using cheap strikers.
  • Safehands84
    3906 posts National Call-Up
    I’ve played against them about 5 times all year
  • klaas9
    982 posts Professional
    we all know they have hidden stats