Comments

• Staxdoobie
    508 posts An Exciting Prospect
    spy wrote: »
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    PiotrLolo wrote: »
    spy wrote: »
    10 MLS goals is going to be tough

If you don't care about the win try ask your rival if he is willing to score 10 goals with you. If he has MLS players in his team and he is a good guy you can help each other and probably do this in 1 game. Depends on who you get.

89 - Martinez & 92 Ibra help quite a bit … more so if you throw in 91 Alessandrini & 85 Piatti out wide. Maybe 84 Morales and 87 Bradley. Then pick a different league for defence.

Yep, pretty much what I did. I know it's not a popular opinion, but I actually really enjoy these 'Score with...' challenges when there isn't a win condition involved. They're a chill way of working towards a decent reward without the eye-bulging stress of needing to win. You know every goal you score will count towards the objective.

I agree too. It also gives you a chance to play with players that you don’t normally use which can be fun e.g. I packed Quagliarella and Zapata TOTS so was nice to try using them for the serie A goals objective. Only problem with the mls one is that futties alessandrini is the only decent mls player I have.

Yes, this too. I also used Zapata but found him next to useless. So clunky. Straight into the Hazard SBC once I was done with that objective!
  • PiotrLolo
    1510 posts Play-Off Hero
    I was finally "forced" to use my Serie A team, never could find enough will to try them. It was nice. Sunday without the lags (finally) and I'm 3/4 at the moment. But there was definitely too much objectives regarding French players and Chinese League during the year.
  • GL
    6329 posts Big Money Move
    Is there a SB reward token this week?
  • PiotrLolo
    1510 posts Play-Off Hero
    GL wrote: »
    Is there a SB reward token this week?

Yes, Genaro.
  • IAIK7
    3306 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 5
    That Serie A objective has forced me to use a loan FS Piatek that I had in my club. He's probably the worst player I've ever used.
  • DFC1983
    709 posts An Exciting Prospect
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    That Serie A objective has forced me to use a loan FS Piatek that I had in my club. He's probably the worst player I've ever used.

I can agree with this. Thankfully packed Suso and Zapata recently who got the job done.
  • Saekerhett
    515 posts An Exciting Prospect

I'm using NIF Golds and have Lasagna up front. That guy can't do anything... I'm on 2/4 now, hopefully I can get it done in another 3 or 4 matches.
  • spy
    466 posts Sunday League Hero
    Used Alessandrini upfront to do the MLS goals objective and after a slow start when I was trying to complete the Italian and French ones at the same time he got 7 in the last 3 games! Really impressed at how good his finishing is!
  • Jimmy89
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Set my team name to MLS objective and 3rd game in the other guy gifted me 10 and then quit, absolute hero!

Gutted though I can’t remember his PSN to thank him, just his team name 😩
  • DFC1983
    709 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Caved.

Because ICONs dropped in value so much I ended up buying one for 190k. I've sold all my untradeables and my base gullit but Prime Gullit sbc is done thanks to Fut Swap Lasagna! No longer need the icon pack now so will aim for Courtois and nab some of the other 90 rated players to go with it.
  • EricVanDerek
    688 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I found the MLS objective incredibly painful - I’d go so far as to say it was my worst swaps objective experience of the year (and I’ve done all of them).

Decided not to do FB Zlatan (had him originally, but never got on with him, and he’s not even good value SBC fodder now) so was attempting it with Futties Alessandrini, NIF Rooney and NIF Martinez.

After about 10 games I was only on 5 goals. Had started a few games moving my keeper out the way, but that just led to dabs but no reciprocals...

But then in my last game, where the other guy was definitely in try hard mode, Rooney banged in a hat-trick and Alessandrini a brace (and I won). A splendid way to finish the objective...

Good luck to any out there still grinding.
  • PiotrLolo
    1510 posts Play-Off Hero
    I found the MLS objective incredibly painful - I’d go so far as to say it was my worst swaps objective experience of the year (and I’ve done all of them).

Decided not to do FB Zlatan (had him originally, but never got on with him, and he’s not even good value SBC fodder now) so was attempting it with Futties Alessandrini, NIF Rooney and NIF Martinez.

After about 10 games I was only on 5 goals. Had started a few games moving my keeper out the way, but that just led to dabs but no reciprocals...

But then in my last game, where the other guy was definitely in try hard mode, Rooney banged in a hat-trick and Alessandrini a brace (and I won). A splendid way to finish the objective...

Good luck to any out there still grinding.

A tip for the future. Try doing these objectives during the weekend. Many people do this and if it doesn't require the win there is much bigger chance that opponent will help you (and you will help him of course). At this point of the week everyone is playing just for wins.
  • IAIK7
    That POTM Martinez is really good. He's been scoring well for me in Divison 1.
  • Doaves
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Yep, the weekend idea is definitely a winner.
    I did the US objective just with Alessandrini up front and started badly, but then got a couple of hattricks. It was an annoying grind, but I went hard on the weekend to avoid the CW players.
  • Guvnor
    1033 posts Professional
    I go away for two weeks on the 14th, what are the chances we get another 3 players in the weekly challenge tomorrow and maybe an sbc before then? Would love to get my ten players for the prime icon before I go! For no reason other than I like opening icon packs.
  • IAIK7
    edited August 8
    Guvnor wrote: »
    I go away for two weeks on the 14th, what are the chances we get another 3 players in the weekly challenge tomorrow and maybe an sbc before then? Would love to get my ten players for the prime icon before I go! For no reason other than I like opening icon packs.

I'd expect 2-4 weekly objectives tomorrow.
  • Guvnor
    1033 posts Professional
    Gracias
  • DannySTFC
    978 posts Professional
    Squad battles makes it 6, hopefully 3 objectives tonight, wonder if there will be an SBC before Monday therefore prime icon pack by Monday!
  • Futfanatic
    12242 posts Has That Special Something
    Updated!
  • GL
    6329 posts Big Money Move
    Just need 2 more for Fabinho now and 1 is coming from SB rewards
  • Jimmy89
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Very generous, no wins required and doable in 2 or 3 games 👍
  • Pieman25
    15757 posts World Class
    All done, put Lozano in a SBC yesterday so ended up spending 105k on RVP
  • PiotrLolo
    1510 posts Play-Off Hero
    Why noone told me that scoring too much own goals in Rivals results in walkover? :joy:

A guy was helping me with England assists, it was 5:1 for me. After that I started scoring own goals to level it (he had La liga team and already had 1 goal). After 3rd I got a message that I lost :joy:
  • IAIK7
    Why noone told me that scoring too much own goals in Rivals results in walkover? :joy:

A guy was helping me with England assists, it was 5:1 for me. After that I started scoring own goals to level it (he had La liga team and already had 1 goal). After 3rd I got a message that I lost :joy:

RIP
  • IAIK7
    Took someone's advice and started the weekly objectives today and finished all the rivals ones.
  • Manutelli
    18393 posts World Class

Happened to me as well a few weeks ago.
  • PiotrLolo
    1510 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 9
    Took someone's advice and started the weekly objectives today and finished all the rivals ones.

I'm doing them too but since I started using La Liga team I'm playing against mega teams with no will to do any objectives. I barely scored 1 goal in each of the last 2 games.

edit: finished, phew :)
  • ScorePlayer
    189 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 9
    Got 2 assists with Jim Hunter but doesn’t count? Is he not eligible?

Edit: and before you ask yes, did it in rivals of course
  • IAIK7

I'm doing them too but since I started using La Liga team I'm playing against mega teams with no will to do any objectives. I barely scored 1 goal in each of the last 2 games.

edit: finished, phew :)

I found a people in Divison 1 doing the objectives too. If I came up against a mega team, I just quit.
  • JB0
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited August 10
    ea879b9647fe06624e6e49c536faa21e.png

This is the player you get when you ”Score a goal with an Eredivisie player in 2 separate rivals games”