why can't i assign who stands at my front post on corners?

Pughy30
25339 posts Player of the Year
edited December 2018
It's so stupid that for some reason EA have my 5'8 player mark the front post it's impossible to stop those full power cheese corners into the near post when my guy standing there is a dwarf. it makes no sense you can't assign who stands where on the tactics screen

Comments

• Noob_FC
    3148 posts National Call-Up
    True... I had Kante on Front post while defending....

While when it is my turn to take corners... Varane is outside the box... Don't understand how that works...
  • Positioning on set plays has been awful for years
  • TheDinhoKid10
    1298 posts Professional
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    It's so stupid that for some reason EA have my 5'8 player mark the front post it's impossible to stop those full power cheese corners into the near post when my guy standing there is a dwarf. it makes no sense you can't assign who stands where on the tactics screen

As a person who happens to be 5’8 it kinda makes me sad you think we cant handle it. We big in the heart ❤️ and some of us have 35 inch verticles 😭😭
  • MUFC_420
    1873 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeah this issue is very annoying and actually costs me the odd game here and there.

My prime Rio was always at the front post when I'm defending corners and not much got past him but ever since I have added Kante to my team the game has decided he's the perfect guy to be defending near post it's just stupid tbh.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Yeah I have Torreira at the front post. It's so stupid.
  • You guys think there’s a way to petition in a future this as an update in custom tactics, like you can choose who takes free kicks and how many people in the box but not who where and how they run
  • Gaz41S
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    Noob_FC wrote: »
    True... I had Kante on Front post while defending....

While when it is my turn to take corners... Varane is outside the box... Don't understand how that works...

He used to do this on fifa 18 dor me, had to drop after a while as it was doing my nut in

• kraid
    1995 posts Fans' Favourite
    What’s ridiculous is that on the offence they purposely put your best header of the ball at the near post, so they know that’s where the danger is, but on defence they put some short guy there. They’re setting you up to fail
  • cule54
    642 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just have a midfield of Nainnggolsn, matuidi, pogba. Problem solved 😎
  • Pipita
    634 posts An Exciting Prospect
    also cb standing outside the box when you taking the corners..
  • kraid
    1995 posts Fans' Favourite
    cule54 wrote: »
    Just have a midfield of Nainnggolsn, matuidi, pogba. Problem solved 😎

Nain is 5’9” with 70 odd jump. He’s not helping you out
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4824 posts Big Money Move
    This is so frustrating. I have torreira on the near post too. Then when I bring on mvp Josef he stands near post when I’m taking the corner. Meanwhile Jonathan tah has got into the box for a header three times in over 100 games. Scored all three coincidently.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    13648 posts Has That Special Something
    Varane always on the edge when I'm attacking so annoying
  • Futfanatic
    12242 posts Has That Special Something
    Has to be on purpose, it’s always the shortest guys that defends the near post.
  • Psyclon13
    403 posts Sunday League Hero
    On a similar note, why can't we assign a player at the back post??
  • BarnardStar10
    13 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2018

It's stupid why they do this and they have to make it so you can change/edit on who is marking specific players/areas as I feel this would be a great addition to the game
  • madwullie
    4110 posts National Call-Up

It's stupid why they do this and they have to make it so you can change/edit on who is marking specific players/areas as I feel this would be a great addition to the game

They used to let you set this up but of course some **** made it so they had 10 players on the goal line. This was pre-youttube as well so you can only imagine how it would be exploited now.

So rather than cose a new solution they just removed it totally.

It must be to do with a position in your team I reckon.