Delusion management

After a very disappointing experience with Fifa19 on Switch, I'd like to share a few thoughts with you, companions in misfortune.

- the sheer amount of bugs and missing contents is so ridiculous that can't be coincidental
- only explanation is EA using Switch only as an entry level platform for casual and/or very young gamers
- perhaps Switch game maintenance is more expensive or less lucrative in respect of other platforms
- when buying this game on Xbox or PS, we are doing EA a favour, doing what they want us to do
- the ones suffering from this situation are: us, the customers; Nintendo, who shall lose customers

I don't know what to do. I don't think that bugging the customer care guys that are managing this forum may help, in any way. Perhaps we should contact Nintendo more, so they may be aware of this. I wrote a couple of times myself, I invite you to do the same. I don't have any other idea.

Comments

• Solari
    1816 posts Play-Off Hero
    It is simple as switch is still on old engine and ea not gonna enhance anything there. So all new features like player picks will not be available. I am not even sure if they will release fifa 20 on switch
  • Solari wrote: »
    It is simple as switch is still on old engine and ea not gonna enhance anything there. So all new features like player picks will not be available. I am not even sure if they will release fifa 20 on switch

I can't see why the engine would affect any part of the game that doesn't involve playing a match. For example, Marquee Matchups work so there is no reason why any other SBC can't.

I think it comes down to money. Promotions such as Futmas are there to create income from sales of packs and EA know from last year how much extra income these generated on the Switch. If pack sales don't meet the cost of running the promotion (presume people are employed to maintain the SBC and deal with any complaints or queries) then they won't run it. If we all bought a heap of FIFA Points when EA want us to the I'm sure the extra content would be there.