Team of the Year event|Price discussion| Market Crash|HYPE

Comments

  • Joestoe
    5339 posts Big Money Move
    The nominee thing would be kind of a hype killer. Seeing the last few years, TOTY has never been the first monday of January I think. We'll see...
  • Jensonj67
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ea literally said themselves the 11 will be announced on the 7th...
  • Dan is Clutch
    25784 posts Player of the Year
    Jensonj67 wrote: »
    Ea literally said themselves the 11 will be announced on the 7th...

    That doesn't necessarily mean in packs though.
  • Pauldejong6
    6725 posts Big Money Move
    Jensonj67 wrote: »
    Ea literally said themselves the 11 will be announced on the 7th...

    That doesn't necessarily mean in packs though.

    Exactly. They will milk it out over the week.
  • RebelRob
    5423 posts Big Money Move
    I think the nominee cards could be an alright thing, as long as they’re not just +1’s across the board.

    Fut mobile had them last year and they looked alright and was a minimum of +2 from what I remember, so it could be a nice addition and not as expensive as toty’s.
    Plus, everyone goes mad over fancy looking cards and ea know this, so it’ll likely be only thrown in as a money spinner without any real thought gone into it, which would be a shame.
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    I really enjoy having bought my team and just observing this spectacle. Imagine EA doing a two week TOTY promo. Would be a HYPE killer
  • deltsbrah
    541 posts An Exciting Prospect
    That's a bit **** if they only release a few at a time .

    Want to get in and get who I want .
  • Shshj
    4282 posts National Call-Up
    Cantona84 wrote: »
    I really enjoy having bought my team and just observing this spectacle. Imagine EA doing a two week TOTY promo. Would be a HYPE killer

    Honestly, I'm kind of hoping they do this. The backlash and market rebound would be phenomenal :D
  • TakeItSlow
    8046 posts League Winner
    Campino wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Campino wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Chubz wrote: »
    it wont start with nominees, why? Because its 7th Jan today, close to pay day and people still in the "festive mood" and lots of kids have xmas present money to splash out etc. If they release it next week, then its a week missed and that festive mood is lost because everyone getting back to work, ready for school etc, and then its the last 2 weeks before payday so people will be tight

    Eh :joy:

    People will spend no matter what. If they were taking that view of it they'd release TOTY at the end of January. Nobody has money after Christmas and New year.

    I get paid tomorrow but my bank balance took a hammering by the kids, unlikely people have huge amounts of cash to spend

    Trust me dude, as I know too well from previous FIFA's, if you want to spend on the game you'll find a way lol. Sad as it is!

    I don’t disagree to be honest, I wonder how many people are in debt over Fifa

    Crazy

    I got into a very bad place with it at one point ngl. Probably thousands, its bad really.
  • Ugri
    7101 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 7
    Cantona84 wrote: »
    I really enjoy having bought my team and just observing this spectacle. Imagine EA doing a two week TOTY promo. Would be a HYPE killer

    If they release the full 11 and do some sbcs for the nominees that would actually even be cool...oh wait its EA, they even forgot Xmas...
  • Mattitude
    580 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Shshj wrote: »
    Cantona84 wrote: »
    I really enjoy having bought my team and just observing this spectacle. Imagine EA doing a two week TOTY promo. Would be a HYPE killer

    Honestly, I'm kind of hoping they do this. The backlash and market rebound would be phenomenal :D

    I agree. Really hope it’s a two week event and loads of SBCs for the nominees!
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Campino wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Campino wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Chubz wrote: »
    it wont start with nominees, why? Because its 7th Jan today, close to pay day and people still in the "festive mood" and lots of kids have xmas present money to splash out etc. If they release it next week, then its a week missed and that festive mood is lost because everyone getting back to work, ready for school etc, and then its the last 2 weeks before payday so people will be tight

    Eh :joy:

    People will spend no matter what. If they were taking that view of it they'd release TOTY at the end of January. Nobody has money after Christmas and New year.

    I get paid tomorrow but my bank balance took a hammering by the kids, unlikely people have huge amounts of cash to spend

    Trust me dude, as I know too well from previous FIFA's, if you want to spend on the game you'll find a way lol. Sad as it is!

    I don’t disagree to be honest, I wonder how many people are in debt over Fifa

    Crazy

    I got into a very bad place with it at one point ngl. Probably thousands, its bad really.

    Not good. That’s why I despise the micro transactions in games like these.

    The reason I really enjoy my team right now is that it’s built without using any real life money.
  • Jensonj67
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jensonj67 wrote: »
    Ea literally said themselves the 11 will be announced on the 7th...

    That doesn't necessarily mean in packs though.

    Cant see it personally
  • TakeItSlow
    8046 posts League Winner
    Cantona84 wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Campino wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Campino wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Chubz wrote: »
    it wont start with nominees, why? Because its 7th Jan today, close to pay day and people still in the "festive mood" and lots of kids have xmas present money to splash out etc. If they release it next week, then its a week missed and that festive mood is lost because everyone getting back to work, ready for school etc, and then its the last 2 weeks before payday so people will be tight

    Eh :joy:

    People will spend no matter what. If they were taking that view of it they'd release TOTY at the end of January. Nobody has money after Christmas and New year.

    I get paid tomorrow but my bank balance took a hammering by the kids, unlikely people have huge amounts of cash to spend

    Trust me dude, as I know too well from previous FIFA's, if you want to spend on the game you'll find a way lol. Sad as it is!

    I don’t disagree to be honest, I wonder how many people are in debt over Fifa

    Crazy

    I got into a very bad place with it at one point ngl. Probably thousands, its bad really.

    Not good. That’s why I despise the micro transactions in games like these.

    The reason I really enjoy my team right now is that it’s built without using any real life money.

    That's why I'm enjoying my new account, no real money!
  • Jensonj67
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 7
    Ideally we get the regular release of toty cards in packs but then have some nominee cards with a bit lower boosts as sbcs during the week
  • Scutch
    11901 posts Has That Special Something
    So frustrating, 5.8 and under means I buy but 6.2 and over means I don't

    Um, what if he's 5.9 - 6.1? :/
  • WonderMouse
    2068 posts Fans' Favourite
    Scutch wrote: »
    So frustrating, 5.8 and under means I buy but 6.2 and over means I don't

    Um, what if he's 5.9 - 6.1? :/

    Then I make a decision
  • Moiizer
    7522 posts League Winner
    Really tempted to go shopping now rather than hope toty prices are decent.
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    The release is today.

    When they announce the team they always have them in packs at 6pm.
  • WonderMouse
    2068 posts Fans' Favourite
    @blarix are you buying your totys no matter what or will you go back to icons if they're too expensive?
  • ha032742
    35466 posts Moderator
    @blarix are you buying your totys no matter what or will you go back to icons if they're too expensive?

    He can afford both :*
  • Scutch
    11901 posts Has That Special Something
    Baller.
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    ha032742 wrote: »
    @blarix are you buying your totys no matter what or will you go back to icons if they're too expensive?

    He can afford both :*

    Lmao

    Wondermouse, if they are at rip off prices I won't get them out of principle :trollface:
  • hoban95
    49798 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Blarix wrote: »
    The release is today.

    When they announce the team they always have them in packs at 6pm.

    My thinking as well.
  • Sercs
    18710 posts World Class
    Quote me, only announcement, full release next week (14th)
  • Pauldejong6
    6725 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 7
    Sercs wrote: »
    Quote me, only announcement, full release next week (14th)

    Nah they also had a big toty promo screen when going on fut, counting down to 6h today. Must be atleast one line in packs tonight already.
  • SimenHP
    2091 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think I'm the only one who just wants an icon SBC (I don't want Ballack or Raul). I did Rui sbc and he is just unplayable. I have only played around 10 games since December started, but in every game he has been so bad, he can't finish at all and he is not close to agile enough for a cam
  • WFCBagnall
    72152 posts Moderator
    Sercs wrote: »
    Quote me, only announcement, full release next week (14th)

    Noted
  • Moiizer
    7522 posts League Winner
    Sercs wrote: »
    Quote me, only announcement, full release next week (14th)

    As funny as that would be i dont think EA have the stones to dangle that carrot
  • Vinny1979
    4608 posts National Call-Up
    couldnt wait

    bought prime raul
Sign In or Register to comment.