Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Team of the Year event|Price discussion| Market Crash|HYPE

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • MarkusG
    544 posts An Exciting Prospect
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    Also, Mbappe in over Salah is litearlly disgusting.

Idc that he's 18, Salah had a much better individual season.

This isn't TOTWC, it's TOTY, and if you can honestly say on FORM, throughout the whole YEAR Salah wasn't better than Mbappe you have no idea wtf you're talking about lol

Too many hype merchant votes

Salah's goals won Liverpool what?

• Pughy30
    26600 posts Player of the Year
    edited January 2019
    What's with all the VVD hate?

He literally single handedly transformed that joke of a Liverpool back 4 and team into a solid defensive unit

Me makes Lovren look good (when Lovren isn't being Lovren)

LFC's defense was a joke, a literal joke before he was signed, he joined MID season and he's easily the best CB in the Prem atm on form.

Now they are leading the league and are favourites on form to win the league, they will maybe bottle it cause of mentality (maybe not with Klopp, he did it with Dortmund, he can do it with Liverpool, no Gerrard either, when you have someone like Gerrard it's more of a negative than positive)

Sure Umtiti is a decent shout, and so is Chiellini, and so is Godin, but VVD being in that back 4 isnt' ABSOLUTE madness

Walker isn't even in the discussion.

"makes lovren look good", Did you watch the City game???
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • MarkusG
    MarkusG wrote: »

This isn't TOTWC, it's TOTY, and if you can honestly say on FORM, throughout the whole YEAR Salah wasn't better than Mbappe you have no idea wtf you're talking about lol

I'm sorry I didn't realise he played bad because his TEAM didn't win a TEAM trophy

Like wtf kinda logic is that

When Messi or Ronaldo don't win La Liga does that make the other irrelevant?

Please hello ahhhhhhhhhhh

Any other year Salah would get in but there's a player in his position that had a better year... Mbappe

• Gyan_33
    34890 posts World Cup Winner

I'm sorry but no
  • Campino
    28333 posts Player of the Year
    Here we go
  • solnasolna08
    2505 posts Fans' Favourite
    Van Dijk: 33 votes
    Varane: 29 votes
    Marcelo: 29 votes
    Ramos: 25 votes

Walker: 8 votes
    Carvajal: 6 votes

The votes of the community count as 60% in the final choice, and 40% for EA. Literally impossible to see Walker or Carvajal
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • Eisenhardt
    4178 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2019
    Van Dijk: 33 votes
    Varane: 29 votes
    Marcelo: 29 votes
    Ramos: 25 votes

Walker: 8 votes
    Carvajal: 6 votes

The votes of the community count as 60% in the final choice, and 40% for EA. Literally impossible to see Walker or Carvajal

Edit: NVM.
  • MarkusG
    Gyan_33 wrote: »

I'm sorry but no

The individual argument is great but if these individuals don't win their teams trophies then that goes against them. Especially when a player in the same position as Salah helped his country win the world cup.
  • Salah and Mbappe both deserve it absolutely.. but we all know Messi & Ronaldo will be there so sadly one of them has to go. my vote is for Mbappe
  • Gyan_33

I'm sorry but no

The individual argument is great but if these individuals don't win their teams trophies then that goes against them. Especially when a player in the same position as Salah helped his country win the world cup.

Mbappé plays for a team that walks the league pretty much every year so it's all relative. Plus you can't really expect Egypt to be anywhere near as good as France let's be honest. Salah almost didn't even play because of injury but still scored twice. The Champions League is the only stage where both Mbappé's and Salah's team have a similar chance of winning and Salah reached the final. I still voted for Mbappé but in my opinion it's a very close call.
  • MarkusG

I'm sorry but no

Mbappé plays for a team that walks the league pretty much every year so it's all relative. Plus you can't really expect Egypt to be anywhere near as good as France let's be honest. Salah almost didn't even play because of injury but still scored twice. The Champions League is the only stage where both Mbappé's and Salah's team have a similar chance of winning and Salah reached the final. I still voted for Mbappé but in my opinion it's a very close call.

If Mbappe hadn't of won the world cup, scored in the final, won best young player etc then yeah Salah definitely but you don't ignore an 18 year old storming the world cup and lifting the trophy.
  • Tsarov
    4861 posts National Call-Up
    iitalic wrote: »
    Someone has been tallying all the votes for TOTY...

looks likes that is pretty much decided.

So: De Gea - Ramos, Varane, VVD, Marcelo - De Bruyne, Modric, Kante - Mbappe, CR7, Messi.

EA has 40% and can change something, but I think it's hard to imagine that e.g. Pogba will surpass KDB.
  • Gyan_33

I'm sorry but no

If Mbappe hadn't of won the world cup, scored in the final, won best young player etc then yeah Salah definitely but you don't ignore an 18 year old storming the world cup and lifting the trophy.

No one is ignoring him.
  • MarkusG

I'm sorry but no

No one is ignoring him.

Exactly.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    15154 posts World Class
    edited January 2019
    I do believe vvd does deserve to be in, but it seems like for the first 6 no ths after he joined he was good but not recognised. Whereas this season he has been mentioned correctly, you only had to watch the city game to see how he's always in the right position and marshalls the defence.

Imo it would be varane ramos vvd marcelo as the 4 defenders
  • Idek
    12772 posts Has That Special Something
    It's basically if EA decide to put a rb in just for the sake of it, has there been a TOTY with 3 cb's before I can't remember
  • Gyan_33
    Idek wrote: »
    It's basically if EA decide to put a rb in just for the sake of it, has there been a TOTY with 3 cb's before I can't remember

Yes, FIFA 15

David Luiz, Thiago Silva and Sergio Ramos
  • Campino
    28333 posts Player of the Year
    ZZZZZZzzzzzzz
  • MikeyP_FC
    13846 posts Has That Special Something
    Hesitated on 2.45 88 Pat
  • Bobb
    646 posts An Exciting Prospect
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️ it, picked up 89 Ballack and prime Klose. Don’t want to miss the boat and these prices are good enough
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    Bobb wrote: »
    **** it, picked up 89 Ballack and prime Klose. Don’t want to miss the boat and these prices are good enough

Don't settle for good enough, settle for great prices.
  • jenksiee123
    23164 posts Club Captain
    Another thing people forget is the WC is NOT what it used to be at all

The quality in the play/teams compared to that of top club football (talking Champions League) is nothing like it used to be

Sir Alex Ferguson said it best a few years ago, how the UCL was more of an accomplishment/achievement

France won the WC cause the France team was beyond stacked and they still nearly lost to Argentina, 4-3

Struggled to beat Australia

Struggled to beat Peru

Drew to Denmark

A defender wonder goal won them the game vs Argentina

1-0 Belgium

Can't remember the Uruguay game too well, was pretty tired

They had one of the most stacked national teams I've seen in a while, compared to the other teams, and they like, put in the most boring, static, pedestrian performance ever for a team of that quality, but they knocked off Croatia (LOL compare the squads) so wooo World Champions!!

Mbappe ran REALLY fast against Rojo who was at the half way line WOAHHH BLISTERING PACE

Salah scores like 50 goals in that Liverpool team in the EPL but na man, did you see Mbappe run really fast against that Argentina back 4 at the half way line (great coach) or how good he was against that Ligue 1 team with a budget 1/50th of PSG's who were probably sh***ng themselves at the sight of Neymar and had to deal with Cavani

Why is this even a debate, people don't think anymore, they just see OHH SHINY WORLD CUP, OHH 19 YEAR OLD RUN FAST

u ok hun?
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32903 posts National Team Captain
    edited January 2019
    Can someone spot the upset LFC fan?
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up