Team of the Year event|Price discussion| Market Crash|HYPE

Comments

  • Vinny1979
    4370 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 4
    MisterJV wrote: »
    When does EA employees come back to work ? They got to fix some price ranges .. Seeing Grimaldo IF going for 200k .

    they have all been fired , currently working nighshifts at mcdonalds, no doubt messing up people's orders
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    3306 posts National Call-Up
    People get so offended over Messi :lol:
  • Tsarov
    3706 posts National Call-Up
    Vinny1979 wrote: »
    MisterJV wrote: »
    When does EA employees come back to work ? They got to fix some price ranges .. Seeing Grimaldo IF going for 200k .

    they have all been fired , currently working nighshifts at mcdonalds, no doubt messing up people's orders

    It’s critical information. I’ve to go to KFC instead.
  • Messi's stats show why he is one of the best footballers in the world.

    However, all those goals scored didn't help Argentina to win world cup and didn't help Barcelona win the Champions league.

    If the TOTY is based on stats Messi should be in the squad. But if TOTY is based on achievements in football then for me, he doesn't make the squad. Champions League and World Cup winners should make up the bulk and of course Ballon'dor winner.
  • Retro_G
    29751 posts National Team Captain
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Tsarov wrote: »
    RealM wrote: »
    The only positions up for grabs are Mbappe/Griezmann/Neymar, Courtois/De Gea and Carvajal/Kimmich-->VVD if they go with another CB.

    Rest will be Varane, Ramos, Marcelo, Modric, Kante, KDB, Messi and Ronaldo 100%. Well at least it should be.

    Pogba can be easily selected by EA due to their partnership with United.

    Pogba should be selected, he was France's most influential player in the world cup. Say what you want about his inconsistent league form, that was due to Jose not getting the best out Pogba. At the end of the day, there is no bigger achievement in world football than lifting the World Cup for your country. Pogba is easily top 3 midfielder in the world on top form.

    The main reason Modric won the Ballon d'Or this year was because of Croatia's impressive WC run, him being at the heart of everything, had Croatia went out in the group stages, bet Ronaldo would've been selected. To shine on the biggest stage in world football is what it's all about, how players preformed for their country should be more significant than their club form this year.

    I don't even think Messi, A.K.A. "fifth best player in the world" should get selected this year, because he was an embarrassment for his Country, you wouldn't see the great Diego playing like that for Argentina in a World Cup. Come at me Messi fanboys, CR7 the GOAT!!!! My front three would be Hazard, with an average match rating of 8.5 for Belgium during the world cup, Ronaldo, Mbappe.

    The state of this post.

    You're completely entitled to your opinion. But to say Messi doesn't deserve to be in is absolutely ludicrous.

    Messi has a better goal/assist to game ratio than Ronaldo for their countries this season. Messi also has 51 goals and 26 assists in 54 appearances for club and country in 2018.

    Are you suggesting a man that has contributed to 77 goals in 54 appearances in 2018 should not be in team of the year?

    :joy:

    Messi bottles it when it matters most, happened with Barca again last year, when he didn't turn up for the Champions League, Barca got knocked out, happened again for Argentina. It has been a common trend over recent years. Ronaldo carried Madrid to another Champions League final, steps up when it matters most. Even go back to 2014, Messi choked the semi-finals, didn't turn up, he was lucky Romero stepped up for his Country.

    The fact is Messi looks better surrounded by world class players, working in a system that suits his play style. You put prime Ronaldo, prime Messi into that current Newcastle team for example, guarantee Ronaldo outperforms Messi.

    Stats are obviously going to be skewed in Messi's favour, when he is surrounded by better calibre players at international level. At least Ronaldo won a major trophy for his Country, the same can't be said about Messi, A.K.A. "big game chokes."
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    3306 posts National Call-Up
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Messi's stats show why he is one of the best footballers in the world.

    However, all those goals scored didn't help Argentina to win world cup and didn't help Barcelona win the Champions league.

    If the TOTY is based on stats Messi should be in the squad. But if TOTY is based on achievements in football then for me, he doesn't make the squad. Champions League and World Cup winners should make up the bulk and of course Ballon'dor winner.

    Agreed, but Messi will get in due to goals and assists in the low quality "La Liga".
  • Retro_G
    29751 posts National Team Captain
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Messi's stats show why he is one of the best footballers in the world.

    However, all those goals scored didn't help Argentina to win world cup and didn't help Barcelona win the Champions league.

    If the TOTY is based on stats Messi should be in the squad. But if TOTY is based on achievements in football then for me, he doesn't make the squad. Champions League and World Cup winners should make up the bulk and of course Ballon'dor winner.

    Agreed, but Messi will get in due to goals and assists in the low quality "La Liga".

    Exactly, it's a mickey mouse stat padding league with three teams.
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    3306 posts National Call-Up
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Messi's stats show why he is one of the best footballers in the world.

    However, all those goals scored didn't help Argentina to win world cup and didn't help Barcelona win the Champions league.

    If the TOTY is based on stats Messi should be in the squad. But if TOTY is based on achievements in football then for me, he doesn't make the squad. Champions League and World Cup winners should make up the bulk and of course Ballon'dor winner.

    Agreed, but Messi will get in due to goals and assists in the low quality "La Liga".

    Exactly, it's a mickey mouse stat padding league with three teams.

    But then he'll also get in due to the fan boys, and he's part of that "club". He's related to Maradona, etc. They can't not include him, for political reasons.
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    2830 posts Fans' Favourite
    State of some people in here
  • Crossland
    8138 posts League Winner
    Retro_G wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Tsarov wrote: »
    RealM wrote: »
    The only positions up for grabs are Mbappe/Griezmann/Neymar, Courtois/De Gea and Carvajal/Kimmich-->VVD if they go with another CB.

    Rest will be Varane, Ramos, Marcelo, Modric, Kante, KDB, Messi and Ronaldo 100%. Well at least it should be.

    Pogba can be easily selected by EA due to their partnership with United.

    Pogba should be selected, he was France's most influential player in the world cup. Say what you want about his inconsistent league form, that was due to Jose not getting the best out Pogba. At the end of the day, there is no bigger achievement in world football than lifting the World Cup for your country. Pogba is easily top 3 midfielder in the world on top form.

    The main reason Modric won the Ballon d'Or this year was because of Croatia's impressive WC run, him being at the heart of everything, had Croatia went out in the group stages, bet Ronaldo would've been selected. To shine on the biggest stage in world football is what it's all about, how players preformed for their country should be more significant than their club form this year.

    I don't even think Messi, A.K.A. "fifth best player in the world" should get selected this year, because he was an embarrassment for his Country, you wouldn't see the great Diego playing like that for Argentina in a World Cup. Come at me Messi fanboys, CR7 the GOAT!!!! My front three would be Hazard, with an average match rating of 8.5 for Belgium during the world cup, Ronaldo, Mbappe.

    The state of this post.

    You're completely entitled to your opinion. But to say Messi doesn't deserve to be in is absolutely ludicrous.

    Messi has a better goal/assist to game ratio than Ronaldo for their countries this season. Messi also has 51 goals and 26 assists in 54 appearances for club and country in 2018.

    Are you suggesting a man that has contributed to 77 goals in 54 appearances in 2018 should not be in team of the year?

    :joy:

    Messi bottles it when it matters most, happened with Barca again last year, when he didn't turn up for the Champions League, Barca got knocked out, happened again for Argentina. It has been a common trend over recent years. Ronaldo carried Madrid to another Champions League final, steps up when it matters most. Even go back to 2014, Messi choked the semi-finals, didn't turn up, he was lucky Romero stepped up for his Country.

    The fact is Messi looks better surrounded by world class players, working in a system that suits his play style. You put prime Ronaldo, prime Messi into that current Newcastle team for example, guarantee Ronaldo outperforms Messi.

    Stats are obviously going to be skewed in Messi's favour, when he is surrounded by better calibre players at international level. At least Ronaldo won a major trophy for his Country, the same can't be said about Messi, A.K.A. "big game chokes."

    Spot on
  • Choepiechakie
    31680 posts National Team Captain
    State of some people in here

  • DOMinant
    1595 posts Play-Off Hero
    Retro_G wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Tsarov wrote: »
    RealM wrote: »
    The only positions up for grabs are Mbappe/Griezmann/Neymar, Courtois/De Gea and Carvajal/Kimmich-->VVD if they go with another CB.

    Rest will be Varane, Ramos, Marcelo, Modric, Kante, KDB, Messi and Ronaldo 100%. Well at least it should be.

    Pogba can be easily selected by EA due to their partnership with United.

    Pogba should be selected, he was France's most influential player in the world cup. Say what you want about his inconsistent league form, that was due to Jose not getting the best out Pogba. At the end of the day, there is no bigger achievement in world football than lifting the World Cup for your country. Pogba is easily top 3 midfielder in the world on top form.

    The main reason Modric won the Ballon d'Or this year was because of Croatia's impressive WC run, him being at the heart of everything, had Croatia went out in the group stages, bet Ronaldo would've been selected. To shine on the biggest stage in world football is what it's all about, how players preformed for their country should be more significant than their club form this year.

    I don't even think Messi, A.K.A. "fifth best player in the world" should get selected this year, because he was an embarrassment for his Country, you wouldn't see the great Diego playing like that for Argentina in a World Cup. Come at me Messi fanboys, CR7 the GOAT!!!! My front three would be Hazard, with an average match rating of 8.5 for Belgium during the world cup, Ronaldo, Mbappe.

    The state of this post.

    You're completely entitled to your opinion. But to say Messi doesn't deserve to be in is absolutely ludicrous.

    Messi has a better goal/assist to game ratio than Ronaldo for their countries this season. Messi also has 51 goals and 26 assists in 54 appearances for club and country in 2018.

    Are you suggesting a man that has contributed to 77 goals in 54 appearances in 2018 should not be in team of the year?

    :joy:

    Messi bottles it when it matters most, happened with Barca again last year, when he didn't turn up for the Champions League, Barca got knocked out, happened again for Argentina. It has been a common trend over recent years. Ronaldo carried Madrid to another Champions League final, steps up when it matters most. Even go back to 2014, Messi choked the semi-finals, didn't turn up, he was lucky Romero stepped up for his Country.

    The fact is Messi looks better surrounded by world class players, working in a system that suits his play style. You put prime Ronaldo, prime Messi into that current Newcastle team for example, guarantee Ronaldo outperforms Messi.

    Stats are obviously going to be skewed in Messi's favour, when he is surrounded by better calibre players at international level. At least Ronaldo won a major trophy for his Country, the same can't be said about Messi, A.K.A. "big game chokes."

    So when Messi does well it’s because he’s surrounded by better players, yet when he doesn’t do well it’s all his fault. You’re literally contradicting yourself! saying Messi doesn’t deserve to be in TOTY is exactly why ea could never let it be a full community vote
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    3306 posts National Call-Up
    DOMinant wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Tsarov wrote: »
    RealM wrote: »
    The only positions up for grabs are Mbappe/Griezmann/Neymar, Courtois/De Gea and Carvajal/Kimmich-->VVD if they go with another CB.

    Rest will be Varane, Ramos, Marcelo, Modric, Kante, KDB, Messi and Ronaldo 100%. Well at least it should be.

    Pogba can be easily selected by EA due to their partnership with United.

    Pogba should be selected, he was France's most influential player in the world cup. Say what you want about his inconsistent league form, that was due to Jose not getting the best out Pogba. At the end of the day, there is no bigger achievement in world football than lifting the World Cup for your country. Pogba is easily top 3 midfielder in the world on top form.

    The main reason Modric won the Ballon d'Or this year was because of Croatia's impressive WC run, him being at the heart of everything, had Croatia went out in the group stages, bet Ronaldo would've been selected. To shine on the biggest stage in world football is what it's all about, how players preformed for their country should be more significant than their club form this year.

    I don't even think Messi, A.K.A. "fifth best player in the world" should get selected this year, because he was an embarrassment for his Country, you wouldn't see the great Diego playing like that for Argentina in a World Cup. Come at me Messi fanboys, CR7 the GOAT!!!! My front three would be Hazard, with an average match rating of 8.5 for Belgium during the world cup, Ronaldo, Mbappe.

    The state of this post.

    You're completely entitled to your opinion. But to say Messi doesn't deserve to be in is absolutely ludicrous.

    Messi has a better goal/assist to game ratio than Ronaldo for their countries this season. Messi also has 51 goals and 26 assists in 54 appearances for club and country in 2018.

    Are you suggesting a man that has contributed to 77 goals in 54 appearances in 2018 should not be in team of the year?

    :joy:

    Messi bottles it when it matters most, happened with Barca again last year, when he didn't turn up for the Champions League, Barca got knocked out, happened again for Argentina. It has been a common trend over recent years. Ronaldo carried Madrid to another Champions League final, steps up when it matters most. Even go back to 2014, Messi choked the semi-finals, didn't turn up, he was lucky Romero stepped up for his Country.

    The fact is Messi looks better surrounded by world class players, working in a system that suits his play style. You put prime Ronaldo, prime Messi into that current Newcastle team for example, guarantee Ronaldo outperforms Messi.

    Stats are obviously going to be skewed in Messi's favour, when he is surrounded by better calibre players at international level. At least Ronaldo won a major trophy for his Country, the same can't be said about Messi, A.K.A. "big game chokes."

    So when Messi does well it’s because he’s surrounded by better players, yet when he doesn’t do well it’s all his fault. You’re literally contradicting yourself! saying Messi doesn’t deserve to be in TOTY is exactly why ea could never let it be a full community vote

    What? Messi would still get in if it was a full community vote. In fact he'd probably be even more likely.
  • Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Messi's stats show why he is one of the best footballers in the world.

    However, all those goals scored didn't help Argentina to win world cup and didn't help Barcelona win the Champions league.

    If the TOTY is based on stats Messi should be in the squad. But if TOTY is based on achievements in football then for me, he doesn't make the squad. Champions League and World Cup winners should make up the bulk and of course Ballon'dor winner.

    Agreed, but Messi will get in due to goals and assists in the low quality "La Liga".

    Don't get me wrong, the league isnt great, but if it was of such 'low quality' then everyone would be getting Messi stats. As I mentioned he deserves to get in to TOTY on stat basis but I don't believe the TOTY should be based on stats first. Maybe use it as a tie breaker if needed
  • Choepiechakie
    31680 posts National Team Captain
    La Liga is better than The Prem.

    I have no clue what you lot are talking about.
  • Finesse_4days
    7630 posts League Winner
    State of some people in here

  • ScruffyDogBurger
    3306 posts National Call-Up
    La Liga is better than The Prem.

    I have no clue what I am talking about.

  • Humma78
    2261 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 4
    Jensonj67 wrote: »
    Reus wrote: »
    De bruyne was man citys best player when dominating the league

    And was instrumental in Belgium finishing 3rd at the world cup

    Should be a lock

    Anyone not picking Modric, kante and kdb is deluded

    He was not instrumental, his terrible performance got them knocked out

    Agreed. Hazard was instrumental not KDB.
  • NDJ591
    564 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Messi CR7 discussion before Lunchbreak

    giphy.gif
  • Finesse_4days
    7630 posts League Winner
    Anyone who says Messi doesn't deserve to be in Toty is either trolling, seriously biased or knows next to nothing about football .
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    3306 posts National Call-Up
    Anyone who says Messi doesn't deserve to be in Toty is either trolling, seriously biased or knows next to nothing about football .

    Of course he deserves to get in, for 2 reasons:

    1. His mega-stats against farmer teams; and
    2. Nobody else has done anything.
  • RealM
    5811 posts Big Money Move
    Going on the basis of some people in here. The starting 11 for France should be TOTY because they won the World Cup.
  • Choepiechakie
    31680 posts National Team Captain
    Stop derailing the thread
  • Anyone who says Messi doesn't deserve to be in Toty is either trolling, seriously biased or knows next to nothing about football .

    As I've put twice now above, he doesn't get into my TOTY because I prefer to base it off achievements not stats. If you base it on stats then yes he should be in TOTY.

    I have no problem with your argument but it would be better if you clarified how you believe TOTY should be awarded along with sentences like the above. I am guessing you prefer to use stats?
  • Choepiechakie
    31680 posts National Team Captain
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Anyone who says Messi doesn't deserve to be in Toty is either trolling, seriously biased or knows next to nothing about football .

    As I've put twice now above, he doesn't get into my TOTY because I prefer to base it off achievements not stats. If you base it on stats then yes he should be in TOTY.

    I have no problem with your argument but it would be better if you clarified how you believe TOTY should be awarded along with sentences like the above. I am guessing you prefer to use stats?

    Toty is about individual performances.
  • Recoba10
    1346 posts Play-Off Hero
    Any indication/way to guess who will be in the TOTY at this stage?

    I have checked few youtubers and it seems that, as expected, Messi, CR7, Kante, Modric, Ramos, Marcelo and Varane are locks.

    A bit surprised no one picked Griezmann and Hazard. People seems to hesitate mainly between Salah and Mbappe. Same between VVD and Umtiti, KDB/Pogba and the GK.
  • Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Anyone who says Messi doesn't deserve to be in Toty is either trolling, seriously biased or knows next to nothing about football .

    As I've put twice now above, he doesn't get into my TOTY because I prefer to base it off achievements not stats. If you base it on stats then yes he should be in TOTY.

    I have no problem with your argument but it would be better if you clarified how you believe TOTY should be awarded along with sentences like the above. I am guessing you prefer to use stats?

    Toty is about individual performances.

    Thats a fair way to look at TOTY. But how do you value the individual performances? I am guessing a mix of stats and how their performances have impacted the team they play for e.g. winning the league, World Cup, Champions league.

    You then have to put a value on the above, so does stat performances outweigh the impact on the team. Mbappe had a pretty good year but not amazing stat wise, however scored some vital goals in the World Cup. Messi had a very good year and amazing stats but failed to perform well at the World Cup.

    I understand they might both get in the TOTY but for hypothetical purposes how would you choose between the two of them. Do you put more weight on the stats or on the achievement?
  • Gyan_33
    30615 posts National Team Captain
    Wait do some people actually want Messi out of TOTY

    Wow
  • Finesse_4days
    7630 posts League Winner
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Anyone who says Messi doesn't deserve to be in Toty is either trolling, seriously biased or knows next to nothing about football .

    As I've put twice now above, he doesn't get into my TOTY because I prefer to base it off achievements not stats. If you base it on stats then yes he should be in TOTY.

    I have no problem with your argument but it would be better if you clarified how you believe TOTY should be awarded along with sentences like the above. I am guessing you prefer to use stats?

    not stats lol, Individual performances. Messi is more than just goals his overall play is the best in the world , his ability to create chances , keep the ball in tight areas and create chances from nothing. Saying someone like Mbappe or griezmann deserves to be in instead of Messi is a joke, I am sure griezmann and mbappe would almost be embarrassed and surprised if they were in the Toty instead of Messi.
  • Finesse_4days
    7630 posts League Winner
    Gyan_33 wrote: »
    Wait do some deluded people actually want Messi out of TOTY

    Wow

    fixed
Sign In or Register to comment.