Input delay is WORSE with this new patch

Comments

• JamesH
    454 posts An Exciting Prospect
    6thHokage wrote: »
    For me this patch seems to have fixed it. People with good internet should be okay now.

100% correct. Guess for some it hasn't made the difference it has on others.
  • gustavoterzaghi
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Kouli06 wrote: »
    Lol there's gonna be loads of these posts popping up now from people with awful Internet.

It's not really the game mate, it's you. They took away the lag compensation so now if you've got crap Internet you're screwed.

utgGNgbVQQCvhnU-nLGU1Q.jpeg

Rha1NYTgR1yAT8mbHefT8Q.jpeg

I just had to stop playing because of lag.

Images???

Check again, according to some people the lag i experience sometimes is because my internet is crap :D
  • AngryHawk
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2018
    Guys just because the update came out doesn't mean your not going to have games with delay, there was some kind of lag compensation given to poor pinged connections that they fixed. The people that are going to notice this is the guys with poor internet connections. For all of us that have normal connections we're going to still have crappy gameplay sometimes, its just when you face someone with a crappy connection they won't have any type of advantage
  • Ranntheman
    304 posts Sunday League Hero
    New patch-give it a week of play before you can really assess the changes in my opinion.

As long as I don’t get anymore losses when winning a game in WL when both players get disconnected I will be happier.
  • Bigfootisblurry
    2182 posts Fans' Favourite
    Only a couple of games to judge it but it all felt very smooth tonight in rivals.

However, I played one P2P online singles and it was a car crash, played like a slide show.
  • joehuk
    2989 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2018
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    joehuk wrote: »
    those saying it's our internet get your head out of EA's Back end.

And those saying that their internet absolutely cannot be a problem and it's all on EA, need to get their back end out of EA's faces.

:joy: defending EA to be honest i've gone past caring I'm just providing feedback i've had the patch for a week, and whilst I've had maybe 3 out of 20+ games that felt fluid I can honestly say from my pov the patch did absolutely nothing.

I can play ANY game be it P2P, Dedicated servers with NO issues.

Now I wonder am I experiencing delay or the EA.... I won't go into it but you know what I mean.

No way should messi turn like a truck, every touch is emphasized beyond belief, Passes do not go where my arrow suggests (Replays) players on ice rink.

I could go on, the game just does not feel responsive.
  • tezmacfifa
    1899 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's fine for me, and it is your internet that now defined lag or no lag.

Not sure why people are taking offence to this, it's not a personal attack saying your internet is shot. It's not like someone is saying you are personally **** 🤣

Just change your router, ISP, or go wired.
  • Kouli06
    1462 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kouli06 wrote: »
    Lol there's gonna be loads of these posts popping up now from people with awful Internet.

It's not really the game mate, it's you. They took away the lag compensation so now if you've got crap Internet you're screwed.

utgGNgbVQQCvhnU-nLGU1Q.jpeg

Rha1NYTgR1yAT8mbHefT8Q.jpeg

I just had to stop playing because of lag.

Images???

Check again, according to some people the lag i experience sometimes is because my internet is crap :D

Dammmn dude just seen them.

Getting tired of people saying it’s my/our internet when there is nothing wrong with it.
    And the fact that Fifa is the only, and I mean ONLY game I have lag/delay issues with.
    Ha go figure 🤷‍♂️
  • NornIron
    11015 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2018
    Its hilarious that people I play cant notice I have sluggish gameplay they think im lying,
    Their players are first to every ball, the ball bounces off my players straight to theirs, 88 paced Nedved with a head start is being run down by De Rossi 10mins into the game. My strikers have to cut back because they have no pace ,Mertens, and UCL Lukaku. Im actually getting a few draws tonight should be getting beat about 4/5-0. The Ai dont move or React so I have to manually move every player.
  • RandomLhama83
    10090 posts Has That Special Something
    i have found it to be worse after patch... i swear, my striker was right infront of a goalie one on one situation and he refused to shoot the ball. i pressed the button 3x , almost spammed it almost. didnt care if i missed the shot or overpowered it, i just wanted to get a shot off in the 92th minute with the game sitting on a draw. Result was my striker OTW richardlison didnt even fire a shot, he just hung on to the ball and the GK jumped on me to take it back, it was really bizarre. ive never seen delay that bad before.

i know fifa 18 wasnt perfect but in terms of delay i dont think it was this bad, i think the coding in 19 is really messed up beyond repair. how many patches now? 3 patches in the last 10 days? it seems like nothing can fix this game.
  • Kouli06
    1462 posts Play-Off Hero
    i have found it to be worse after patch... i swear, my striker was right infront of a goalie one on one situation and he refused to shoot the ball. i pressed the button 3x , almost spammed it almost. didnt care if i missed the shot or overpowered it, i just wanted to get a shot off in the 92th minute with the game sitting on a draw. Result was my striker OTW richardlison didnt even fire a shot, he just hung on to the ball and the GK jumped on me to take it back, it was really bizarre. ive never seen delay that bad before.

i know fifa 18 wasnt perfect but in terms of delay i dont think it was this bad, i think the coding in 19 is really messed up beyond repair. how many patches now? 3 patches in the last 10 days? it seems like nothing can fix this game.

I had this too!
    Tried to take a shot erlier with a 1v1 and my player just wouldn’t shoot!
    Was a fair distance from goal and keeper was running out so was like yea long range finnesse. No shot. Pressed B 3 more times and..... nothing.
    Then I was in the area and keeper had the ball in his hands 😤
  • Williejno1
    3084 posts National Call-Up
    Warlock1 wrote: »

****. tested on 3 different locations. its horrible. worse than before.
    Considering patch is only o
    Blarix wrote: »
    Try resetting your router or something, after the patch the game has been sensationally smooth for me. no more ice skating all over the field, maybe you are way too far from the servers?
    Same for me my players are absolutely flying all night I’ve drew one win 8 comfortably
    I’m finally getting the most from prime best he’s destroying teams every game
    I know your a figo guy so just thought I’d add that lol

• MUFC_420
    1873 posts Play-Off Hero
    I've been complaining alot about the servers this year but from this patch it's actually been decent for me. Too early to tell though as I always get spells when it plays smooth so it could possibly be coincidental timing but I have a little bit of hope.
  • Alex_cr
    3940 posts National Call-Up
    Early signs are good for me. Very responsive.

To those saying it’s definitely not their internet, I’m not saying it is but might be worth getting on to your provider. I was getting perfect readings but everything was off. Was taking ages to download a 30 minute show. Eventually they came out. Turned out I had an old style socket that was on its way out. Sorted everything (apart from Fifa), so right to my house everything was fine - then it got to my devices and was rubbish.
  • Lamboo
    48 posts Park Captain
    1500 down 980 up

I have not lagged once
  • I SiR MartY I
    5276 posts Big Money Move
    70/20 <10ms ping

Game's still sluggish.
  • Struggstarr
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Feels worse for me than before. When I press the tackle button the tackle animation is so delayed compared to before. The game was actually growing on me before today and I was just putting up with the annoying stuff that happens in game. Now I feel like I have to try and tackle 2 second before my opponent knows what direction he is moving towards..
  • NornIron
    11015 posts Has That Special Something
    Everyone I play against, their gameplay is in front of mine, even when I read the passes I can never get near the ball. My Ai dont work they stretch for the ball after it goes past them. This is on 5 bars every match my opponents have said there is no problems.
  • Dazzler179
    1062 posts Professional
    I’m also having issues and my internet is fine for every other game I play online. Sometimes my players just won’t pass or shoot despite multiple presses, it’s so frustrating. I’ve also gone from being 180 wins/160 losses to 181 wins/ 169losses since , 1 win in 10!
  • FreddieKane
    461 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mine's also got worse - wired connection.
  • ReMaKc
    32 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Reducing input lag on tv changed the game completely for me. Now I have alot of good gameplay. Choose gaming mode at tv and disable all uneccessary settings to improve the input delay and everything much more responsive.
  • Dragon007
    462 posts An Exciting Prospect
    BiigDee wrote: »
    My games are almost unplayable. However my download speed is 59.3 and upload 4.9. Is that bad as I don’t have a clue to be honest

Kinda similar here 200/10 and it's unplayable. My ping is 15s so it's not ping.

I'm almost 99% convinced that the disparity between download -upload causes bufferbloat or input delay.
  • Eroberto
    1360 posts Professional
    This is the best gameplay ever. I can’t tell the difference between rivals and squad battles. No more delay, no more players ice skating or running in quicksand. It’s great
  • Dragon007
    462 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Dragon007 wrote: »
    BiigDee wrote: »
    My games are almost unplayable. However my download speed is 59.3 and upload 4.9. Is that bad as I don’t have a clue to be honest

Kinda similar here 200/10 and it's unplayable. My ping is 15s so it's not ping.

I'm almost 99% convinced that the disparity between download -upload causes bufferbloat or input delay.

Some more details on this - there is a YouTube video to test for bufferbloat.

Basically, you start continuous ping to ea server then start downloading a large file. The ping goes from 15 to 150 to 300 and keeps getting worse.

The reason for 99% convinced and not 100% is because when I do tracert to the EA server, I get like 10+ jumps with some 100ms. Kinda weird because how come ping is only 15s then instead of approximately 1000ms.
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    So what do the bars mean now? Your connection? His connection?
  • adoe546
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2018
    Most people have a limited understanding of how networking works and sure they shouldn't really have to. Speed tests do not give the full picture here because you are testing against your isps mirror.

We first need to take into consideration whether you are connected wired vs wireless. For whatever reason our Xbox and PS4's wireless cards are ****, so eliminating that is good first step.

Do a speed test through consoles speed test. You may notice a difference in speed. But this is a least giving you a true representation of your speed to PSN/XBOX Live. Some people may be able to open ports on their router, some may not because their ISP doesn't allow this. Some isps will not allow an open NAT.

Router hardware can make a difference. Some ISPs provided router or custom firmware can be ****.

Geographical location can make a difference.

Your monitor or tvs input lag can make a difference.

Now the unknown that needs to be addressed here and I've seen a few youtubers mention this before, is that EA need to show us some things.

1. The server we are connected to, or the location of that server at least
    2. Our ping to that server
    3. A way to test a speed and ping to that server
    4. An optimal Speed and ping required

I live in Australia and our average speed is pretty poor compared Europe, the US etc. My dl is 55mbps ul can't remember as I'm not at home (the nations average is about 25mbps). My connection speed is "generally" good. But I do experience delay in Rivals "sometimes", Weekend League not so much.

If this is purely down to "Servers" then the more info we have the better. Surely EA has some autoscaling setup to increase server capacity during peak times, and if so they may need to increase the resources thrown at it.

Anyway food for thought, I'm no networking expert. I would prefer to discuss things objectively then straight out bash ea everytime as it's getting pretty boring to read.

• Rebound19
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yep...it’s actually worse lol. Players feel like they are running in mud, dribbling and ball control with high rated players completely useless since it takes forever for it to read my commands, players tackle 2 secs after, player waits for the defenders to catch up before shooting. Can go on and on.

GG once again, EA, you absolutely useless clowns.
  • Dariusz877
    162 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I am **** done woth this game. This time for real. I get pissed everytime I play and its really not worth it. I feel like I have no control over my team.
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    Rebound19 wrote: »
    Yep...it’s actually worse lol. Players feel like they are running in mud, dribbling and ball control with high rated players completely useless since it takes forever for it to read my commands, players tackle 2 secs after, player waits for the defenders to catch up before shooting. Can go on and on.

GG once again, EA, you absolutely useless clowns.

This is what i got last night as well. Could barely pass the ball, any player receiving a pass seemed to receive it poorly no matter what i did, players running in mud etc etc.

I thought i was finally going to have some more fun after i bought my new team but EA just decided no :D
  • Syko
    285 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm sorry to say but the delay is still present. My first two games were actually nice to play, i thought ohhhh good start with the new patch and the next 4 games were all super delayed. No, it isn't my ''crappy'' internet connection. Everything is set up perfectly for gaming.

Too bad, was hoping the patch would really fix this big problem in FUT.