Matt's Interactive Premier League // SIGN-UPS OPEN

Matt97
1118 posts Professional
edited December 2018
Premier League 2018/2019

Hi and welcome to an old forum game to have some fun during winter break.It's the second time I host this kind of tournament, the first one was at fifa 17 and it was very active and fun (https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/290530/matts-premier-league-17-18-season-is-done/p1). I'll be your guide to the simulation of a new Premier League season! If you want to know details of the mechanics of this, check out the Q&A below.

I'll need 20 users to sign up for this. Every user will be assigned to a Premier League team from this season and will basically be its manager. Every single user will have to negotiate transfers with the other teams, bid for players from the auction house or manage the first 11 for the upcoming game. To help with that, every team will have a certain budget.. After 20 users will sign up, I'll assign a team using random.org for everyone and the first transfer period will start. More info of that, at a later time.

Q&A

1. What's an interactive league?
I'll edit my fifa with the teams and first XIs you guys have and the proceed to simulate the games between all teams. You don't have to play any game, it's all simmed.
2. How do we make transfers?
There are 2 ways. You either negotiate with other managers from here and PM me after there's a deal so i can make the changes official ( squad and budget both on the forum and on my game ) or you bid for foreign players from the auction house.
3. But if i get Leicester i won't be able to compete with City or United?
That's true. But maybe you'll pull out a 15/16 Leicester. It's not the same chance for everyone to win it.
4. Where can i see my squad?
I'll have a special post with all the squads so it'll all be easy to follow. For that to happen everyone must PM me all transfers and squad changes.
5. How will the transfer period work?
The first transfer period will last 4 days and you can do whatever you want with your budget to make your squad better. We'll also have some friendlies and a winter transfer period.
6.I want to get more money, can I quick sell some of my players?
Yes you can but you won't get much for them and you must PM me.
7. How else can i make money?
You can also make money from friendlies and the Cup tournament, but the second option is more for the winter transfer period.
8. Can i change my team?
Nope, once you receive your team you work with it to the end of the season.
9. How do we know the OVR of players?
You can get them from sofifa.com or other sites.
10.Are there wages?
No, far too complicated.
11. Are you going to manage a team?
Only if we don't have 20 managers active.
12.Is this going to have 2+ seasons?
The format of the tourney only allows one season.
13. Is there a deadline for sign ups?
Yes, we'll either get 20 users or end the sign ups when it's clear there isn't anyone new signing up.
14.I would like to manage a team with another forumer, is this allowed?
Sure it is, just say.
15. If there are already 20 users signed up, can i still join?
Yes, but you must have a signed up user as a team-mate.
16.I have a question you haven't answered yet, can I ask it?
Sure, you can post it in the thread or PM me, I don't mind.

Comments

• Matt97
    1118 posts Professional
    Reserve 1
  • Matt97
    1118 posts Professional
    Reserve 2.

If you're interested feel free to sign up! I'll explain more for those who don't know what this is about.
  • AEsey
    5918 posts Big Money Move
    I'll be down for this man
  • Cornushon
    4520 posts National Call-Up
    Wait, no trolling but what is actual point if you can't play games and can't physically have your team on your screen. And it's all simmed.??
  • Matt97
    1118 posts Professional
    AEsey wrote: »

Alright cool

1.Xx_iou_cheesecake_xX
    2.AEsay
  • Matt97
    1118 posts Professional
    Cornushon wrote: »
    Wait, no trolling but what is actual point if you can't play games and can't physically have your team on your screen. And it's all simmed.??

The transfer period is super fun when there are a lot of people trading players from each other. Also there was a lot of banter in the first edition and it was satisfying beating the others even if it's simmed.

It's basically something interactive to do on the forum when you're bored of actual fifa
  • I'm going to be like Mourinho. What about transfers outside of the league?
  • Matt97
    1118 posts Professional
    I'm going to be like Mourinho. What about transfers outside of the league?

There will be auctions for that.

Hope to get more sign-ups later :)
  • lucas
    4926 posts Big Money Move
    I’m in was a good laugh 2 years ago
  • Cornushon
    edited December 2018
    Matt97 wrote: »

The transfer period is super fun when there are a lot of people trading players from each other. Also there was a lot of banter in the first edition and it was satisfying beating the others even if it's simmed.

It's basically something interactive to do on the forum when you're bored of actual fifa

OK M8, how much time Roughly per week I need? To participate I mean.
  • Mart
    8009 posts League Winner
    Not joining due to a lack of time but good luck with the hosting. Always good fun, recommend people sign up.
  • Matt97
    1118 posts Professional

Well you would need to be active for a bit in the transfer period this week and afterwards all you have to do is make changes to your match squad. Last year the league took like 3 weeks but only in the first week it's useful to check out the thread and get some players for your team.
  • Matt97
    1118 posts Professional
    Mart wrote: »
    Not joining due to a lack of time but good luck with the hosting. Always good fun, recommend people sign up.

Thanks man
  • AEsey
    5918 posts Big Money Move
    AEsey wrote: »

Alright cool

1.Xx_iou_cheesecake_xX
    2.AEsay

Cheers
    Btw it's AEsey
  • Matt97
    1118 posts Professional
    Bump. Only got 3 spots filled
  • lucas
    Only 3 wow times have changed on here since the new team
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Matt97
    1118 posts Professional
    lucas wrote: »
    Only 3 wow times have changed on here since the new team

Yeah :(
  • Join us
  • lucas
    Join us

what where
  • Matt97
    1118 posts Professional
    Lucas you're in but I don't think there's enough interest for this sadly
  • Bump
  • Cornushon

Well you would need to be active for a bit in the transfer period this week and afterwards all you have to do is make changes to your match squad. Last year the league took like 3 weeks but only in the first week it's useful to check out the thread and get some players for your team.

Sorry, its a no for me. Too busy over the festive period with moving around and then relocation... Would be irresponsible to take some1 place.
    Good luck and have fun. Maybe next Time.
    Plus I am hosting and organising PC Community tournament. So really scarce on time.
  • Matt97
    1118 posts Professional
    Yeah I think it's a bad timing with the festive community.
  • So correct me if I’m wrong, different teams will receive a different budget? I’m willing to participate but I’m unsure how active I will be.
  • Matt97
    1118 posts Professional
    I will just postpone it for a later that, haven't thought about the bad timing, sorry
  • Matt97 wrote: »
    I will just postpone it for a later that, haven't thought about the bad timing, sorry

Good idea mate, new year?
  • Matt97
    1118 posts Professional
    Yup