Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

PITCH NOTES - FIFA 19 PATCH NOTES #6

Comments

• hooligan87
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    When you fix fitness shots?!
  • drmr92
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Will you fix the camera settings problem where changing height and zoom sliders does not have an effect? Thank you.
  • Icatalin03
    43 posts Park Captain
    edited January 9
    While I played in the Europa League in Career mode, I noticed that the real anthem is lacking. Can you solve it?
  • JRM1984
    66 posts Park Captain
    We are in January now, can't see any more updates or real improvements coming... EA have let us down big time with FIFA 19.
  • Its now 1 month since the career mode is broken, and no news on an ETA for a fix. How about an boykott of Fifa 19 until they fix the problems (so many problems). And I mean really boykotting the game, no more playing career mode, FUT and whats so ever.
    Perhaps we should show them that we had enought of this bullsh.t And also stop buying packs, show that they would see that the users are fat up. If you guys still buying packs and playing FUT they will never start careing.

This BS would never be tolarable with Madden, but with Fifa its ok for some reason.
  • I've just stopped playing FUT because I get a bit frustrated with the FUT gameplay (no hate, just don't enjoy it personally this year), so I play kick off/head to head a lot with my friends and I noticed that they removed the Classic XI from Rest of the World and I was thinking that it could be replaced in a future update/FIFA 20 with ICONs - a squad filled with every prime icon because players such as myself don't have the time or finances to be able to ever play with them in FUT. It engages the audience more as its very appealing to play with them.

Another thing I was thinking of to spice up Kick off a bit more is to add a draft mode (exactly the same as FUT draft just for kick off) where opponents alternate in picking players, this can be added as a mode in tournaments as well if more than 2 players are playing where you play in league mode, knockout mode, group & knockout mode etc. Chemistry isn't involved.
    Another draft mode could also be where the order of selection is created at random and you pick whatever formation you want (each formation can be picked more than once). Then players take it in turns to select players and they can select whatever player they want (not just a pick from 5 randomly drafted players) a player can't be selected more than once during a draft and chemistry isn't involved.

Also I noticed when I create a player/edit stats you can't edit work rates or composure and created players can't be moved to a LW, RW, CM, LWB or RWB and I feel like its a no brainer/very easy for these positions to be added to 'create a player'. I've played with created players in kick off and they feel very hard to score with unless their shooting stats are 99 as composure is always 50 and and they make few forward runs off the ball as forwards' work rates are always medium/medium which isn't ideal for forwards very often.

Hoping you ( @EA_Andy ) could pass this on to the Fifa team/devs as this has decent marketing potential - "play with ICONs in brand new kick off modes" etc and I feel could be very appealing to the casual audience of Fifa. The other points I've made I feel would be some decent functional improvements for kick off such as the selection of position for created players (CM/LW/RW/LWB/RWB) and the ability to change work rates gives gameplay for created players more variety

Many Thanks

Wheelie
  • wheelie974 wrote: »
    I've just stopped playing FUT because I get a bit frustrated with the FUT gameplay (no hate, just don't enjoy it personally this year), so I play kick off/head to head a lot with my friends and I noticed that they removed the Classic XI from Rest of the World and I was thinking that it could be replaced in a future update/FIFA 20 with ICONs - a squad filled with every prime icon because players such as myself don't have the time or finances to be able to ever play with them in FUT. It engages the audience more as its very appealing to play with them.

Another thing I was thinking of to spice up Kick off a bit more is to add a draft mode (exactly the same as FUT draft just for kick off) where opponents alternate in picking players, this can be added as a mode in tournaments as well if more than 2 players are playing where you play in league mode, knockout mode, group & knockout mode etc. Chemistry isn't involved.
    Another draft mode could also be where the order of selection is created at random and you pick whatever formation you want (each formation can be picked more than once). Then players take it in turns to select players and they can select whatever player they want (not just a pick from 5 randomly drafted players) a player can't be selected more than once during a draft and chemistry isn't involved.

Also I noticed when I create a player/edit stats you can't edit work rates or composure and created players can't be moved to a LW, RW, CM, LWB or RWB and I feel like its a no brainer/very easy for these positions to be added to 'create a player'. I've played with created players in kick off and they feel very hard to score with unless their shooting stats are 99 as composure is always 50 and and they make few forward runs off the ball as forwards' work rates are always medium/medium which isn't ideal for forwards very often.

Hoping you ( @EA_Andy ) could pass this on to the Fifa team/devs as this has decent marketing potential - "play with ICONs in brand new kick off modes" etc and I feel could be very appealing to the casual audience of Fifa. The other points I've made I feel would be some decent functional improvements for kick off such as the selection of position for created players (CM/LW/RW/LWB/RWB) and the ability to change work rates gives gameplay for created players more variety

Many Thanks

Wheelie

was hoping some of these points could be added to a FIFA update, not sure if this is the right forum to post in.
  • Icatalin03
    43 posts Park Captain

I saw a problem in Career mode: the players at the beginning of the season have low overalls regardless of age, and even during the championship fall inexplicably. Excuse my English .

• The whole game is broken WL, SB, so I deleted it.
  • drmr92
    And also you didn't update the colour of the boots that are in real life. And will you update the faces of Jorginho, Hudson - Odoi and many other players, and what about the camera settings problem I talked about? Can you answer? Thank you.
  • Tubbs76
    444 posts Sunday League Hero
    Can you revert this patch to the one prior. The one prior was brilliant, game was actually playable. It lasted a week, latest patch has Made it just horrible again, worse than ever
  • Pooter
    Can I make a few suggestions to EA please

The intro to the game
    1/ Can the developers make the language set in stone as in I don't have to continually press a button to get to the next stage
    2/ The splash intro for EA Sports. I think everyone by now knows it has been developed by EA, why constantly press a button to skip the intro?

3/ We have to press another button to get to the next stage, why? If skipping the language selection and splash intro wasn't enough, there is another press a button to go to the main menu

This is time consuming and very annoying if you need those extra minutes to login to play the game
    As for the language selection, surely the person can have an option to either remember language selection or not when first run. As I have mentioned for the splash intro, why do I have to press a button to skip, if I have seen it once, that's enough for me, no need for it to be either skipped by pressing a button or watching the intro
  • JRM1984
    66 posts Park Captain
    Guess this was the last ever "Glitch notes" for FIFA 19.
  • What is with these timed finesse shots? every game is the same people turning like crazy outside the ''D'' to do a timed finish..... please fix
  • Steelcitysniper
    1064 posts Professional
    edited January 16
    Unreal you have time to do promo after promo but cannot fix this garbage game. This will be my last year playing fifa. This dev team is absolute garbage
  • EA_Andy
    2145 posts EA Community Manager
    Unreal you have time to do promo after promo but cannot fix this garbage game. This will be my last year playing fifa. This dev team is absolute garbage

Always worth remembering that there are lots of different teams working on different areas of FIFA and not everything takes the same time / resources.

The team that create content do just that, they don't look at bug fixes or gameplay for example.

We know there are some frustrations and feedback and we're looking into it.
  • JRM1984
    66 posts Park Captain
    EA_Andy wrote: »

Every person on the forum told you their "Frustrations" back in September - it's January now and no changes... Obviously FIFA 20 will be out in September with the same issues and better graphics :D
  • EA_Andy
    JRM1984 wrote: »

Every person on the forum told you their "Frustrations" back in September - it's January now and no changes... Obviously FIFA 20 will be out in September with the same issues and better graphics :D

"No changes" isn't true though. There's been lots of patches to update the game based on community feedback.

There's still more to be done of course, but to say there's been no changes isn't correct.
  • Alemas_2012
    13468 posts Has That Special Something
    How about the custom tactics bug in SB squads?
    Is that still being looked into?
    Any updates?
  • EA_Andy
    Any updates?

Can you clarify which bug that is? Is it the one where players play out of position?
  • Alemas_2012
    Any updates?

Can you clarify which bug that is? Is it the one where players play out of position?

...no, it's the one where all custom tactics for SB squads are "Possession/Tiki-Taka" and "No Pressure".
    You even acknowledged it.
  • EA_Andy
    Any updates?

...no, it's the one where all custom tactics for SB squads are "Possession/Tiki-Taka" and "No Pressure".

That one - gotcha. No updates, will let you know if that changes.
  • JRM1984
    66 posts Park Captain

"No changes" isn't true though. There's been lots of patches to update the game based on community feedback.

There's still more to be done of course, but to say there's been no changes isn't correct.

Agreed - changes have been made, sadly though most of these have made the game worse. The fact is everyone told you timed finesse shots and AI defending were over-powered as soon as the game was released in September and this still remains the case come January. Roll on FIFA 20 which will just be a re-badged FIFA 19 (which was the same as 17 & 18).

The graphics are fantastic - instead of working on graphics and content the game-play script needs to be virtually deleted and started from scratch - this time working with the people who play the game more closely, the end product would be so much better than what you have now.
  • Alemas_2012
    edited January 16
    Any updates?

Why am I not surprised...
    BTW, I'm curious to know how the update process works.
    You tell the developers something's wrong and they have to fix it.
    Do the developers have to tell you about updates on the fix, or is it you who has to get an update out of them?
  • EA_Andy
    Any updates?

Why am I not surprised...
    BTW, I'm curious to know how the update process works.
    You tell the developers something's wrong and they have to fix it.
    Do the developers have to tell you about updates on the fix, or is it you who has to get an update out of them?

Depends really. Ultimately we'd like to get a pitch notes article up to explain the process of how something is fixed.

A basic run down is I will take feedback/issues from the forum and send them to the QA team. They'll look to reproduce the issue and submit a bug.

Those bugs will be prioritised with a view to fixing as much as possible. Once a fix is confirmed they'll be put into a future patch.

That's a very simplified view, there's much more to it. As for updates - that's tricky to say because sometimes we have updates but we can't share them, other times there's just no updates.

We won't usually comment on how far along a fix is or similar because things can get pushed back and it causes frustration.
  • KingBarca
    368 posts Sunday League Hero

Most patches didn't do anything though
    Actually only the first one fixing the bicycle kicks did something noticeable.

You guys said "no look" 180° Finesse Shots shouldn't work anymore.
    Even on Patchday they were as lively as ever and you see tons of CenterBacks with 30 Shooting doing it.
    If you want i link you to a ton of them on twitter - You know exactly which i mean.
    Even the Proplayers make fun about that with the "Glad they fixed that" comments =)

Scoring inside the Box is still a far worse way to score than a FinesseShot from 40 yards out.
    Seeing how broken a no look Finesse from god knows where is a 1v1 should be a 100% goal.
    But suddenly either a TOTY Ronaldo rather shoots towards the Corner Post even if the arrow is aimed central at the goal or the keeper that can't save a Finesse from a CDM 40 yards out is reacting like Son Goku punching a 400km/h shot away like its nothing.

If i run out of the box with the same player that doesn't score from inside the box and shoot a finesse with the back towards the goal he will probably score if the opponent isn't moving the keeper on his own.

Stamina got nerfed,yes.
    Sadly this showed Stamina has barely any effect at all on the game mechanics.
    A close to 0 Stamina Player is still catching up to a freshly subbed in player like Bale or even TOTY Mbappe as I've seen happening.

Stamina should work like in Real Life and have an effect on the Stats.
    Rewatch the 2014 Champions League Final - 0 Stamina Atletico wasn't able to even come close anymore to the ball in extra time.
    Real Madrid that had problems suddenly was able to walk through Atletico because they couldn't run,stand and react anymore.

Lots to fix.
    The most important thing though is > STOP with the 2% Nerfs or buffs
    Things like the finesse shot problems should get nerfed into the ground and especially those without looking at the goal shouldn't even work anymore at all.

Meanwhile if you buff something that is logical like scoring inside the Box turn it into a 100% chance especially on empty goals.

There are so many videos on twitter people link to Zaro,CoreyAndress and co on Twitter where players even though the arrow is aimed central at the empty goal shoot at the post.
    A TOTY Ronaldo doesn't shoot at the post from 5 yards out with his strong foot when the GK is beaten.
    Every 5 year old can score that in Real Life and in a game with mentioned Finesse Shots at least give people the chance to score normal goals if they want to.

These things shouldn't be allowed to happen!
  • MrSkittles93
    69 posts Park Captain
    @EA_Andy, you're so active in this thread. Tell us something about Career Mode update.
  • EA_Andy
    @EA_Andy, you're so active in this thread. Tell us something about Career Mode update.

We're working on it - needs a patch to fix. More news on that soon hopefully.
  • JRM1984
    66 posts Park Captain
    edited January 16
    All I get from reading and re-reading this thread is that the latest news on fixing the game is "no news".
  • Alemas_2012
    edited January 16
    All I get from reading and re-reading this thread is that the latest news on fixing the game is "no news".

I think they take the saying "no news is good news" a touch too literally.